IMDb > "Madigan Men" (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Madigan Men" More at IMDbPro »

This Show is Actually Funny!

Author: etherealtb from Los Angeles, CA
13 October 2000

Hey, surprise! I tuned into this show just because I'm a Gabriel Byrne fan and actually found myself laughing! More than once! And I'm the type of person who usually sits stone faced while watching most sit coms!

Anyone who's ever seen or heard Byrne in interviews won't be surprised how funny & charming he can be, but for those who don't know this side of him, they will find Madigan Men a pleasant surprise!

Funny.

Author: Toronto2sec-1 from Toronto, Ontario
19 September 2001

This show was very funny, and a good effort by Gabriel Byrne, Bringing Phil MacHale at the end of the show was really good, he was hilarious. But not everyone is the same, and Madigan Men just didn't fit in with such shows as, "Two guys and a girl.", "Norm." and "Whose line is it anyway?"

A fond Farewell

Author: (websteward@hotmail.com) from New York
12 March 2001

Well, the Disney folks have done it again to ABC and its shrinking pool of eyeballs. They put "Madigan Men" on hiatus, a polite TV term for lethal injection. The show wasn't smutty enough like "Two guys and a pizza girl", a show that set the record for getting two characters in bed (43 seconds).

"Madigan Men" could have found an audience given the time. Irish Americans have not had a decent series since "The Cavanaughs".

Good Show!

Author: jgprocto from Virginia
4 December 2000

This show is so funny! Especially finding out that the man who plays Shamus is actually FRENCH, is pretty interesting, since Gabriel Byrne played a French man in The Man In The Iron Mask! I really like watching this show! It makes the end of the week even greater!

A surprisingly funny show!

Author: MadelineD from Seattle, Washington
19 October 2000

I, too, tune in to watch this show purely because Gabriel Byrne is in it. I have seen his previous works and thought this show would be worth watching as well. As it turns out, it is! The show is funny and has many realistic concepts. The only thing I do not like about the show are Benjamin's (Gabriel Byrne) co-workers. I think they are quite annoying. Overall, I would recommend this show.add it to your TV watching schedule on Friday nights. :0)

Insulting

Author: Jamie O'Halleron (lynchboy2001) from Dublin, Ireland
30 December 2001

I couldn't believe that RTE (the Irish national station) bought this programme. Or that Gabriel Byrne made it. Because (and it was obvious from the plot outline) this, like so many other American "Irish" projects, suffers from a major flaw; Oirishness. For decades Americans have been making this sort of rubbish, with tacky leprechaun accents & ridiculous phrases ("you played like a magic fairy"). Gabriel Byrne's father's accent is of particular note when assessing this form of "entertainment". He sounds as if the only research he's done for the part of an Irishman was to watch "Darby O'Gill" 18 times. I was glad to hear this show has been cancelled in the US, hopefully most Irish people will join me in ignoring this carp.

Surprising

Author: SpideyTerry from Ardmore, PA
18 October 2000

So I'm watching an episode of Norm on ABC, there's nothing else I want to watch that night, so I stay tuned for Madigan Men. Well I made the right choice then. Madigan Men has a great bland of humor. This show was a very nice surprise indeed.