IMDb > "The War Next Door" (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The War Next Door" More at IMDbPro »

This is such a hilarious show.

Author: dragon#1 from Chincoteague, VA
16 August 2000

This is such a great show. It's extremely funny and clever. It's also inventive. Linden Ashby and Damian Young are great and have really good chemistry together. Plus, the fight scenes are a lotta fun to watch. Ashby has become one of my favorite actors since he was in 'Mortal Kombat'. I hope USA doesn't cancel it. It's one of the few good shows they have.

Pete & Pete fans take note!

Author: NoKbot from Milwaukee WI
28 August 2000

I caught a commercial for this show & was delighted to see it co-starred Damian Young, aka Bus Driver Stu from "The Adventures of Pete & Pete." After catching a couple episodes, I was even more delighted to find that the people behind Pete & Pete, Will McRobb and Chirs Viscradi, are also running this show. Pete & Pete fans will rejoice in the subtle similarities (both take place in Wellsville; is it only a matter of time before they're wearing Krebstar Nightwalkers and talking to bears at Career Day?), but this show is entertaining on its own as well. Damian Young makes a great supervillain. I just hope this show doesn't meet the same fate as Pete & Pete, with the network watering it down for mass appeal before prematurely axing it. I'm just happy to see people from one of my favorite shows of all time are still at it & still funny as ever.

And the eternal dance of death continues

Author: SpideyTerry from Ardmore, PA
3 August 2000

The War Next Door is a clever and hilarious show. Linden Ashby and Damian Young have great chemistry together. The show has a very inventive premise. This show is a winner and stands out on the USA line up. I hope the show goes on for quite a while. But it would not shock me if it was cancelled. USA tends to cancel anything that doesn't fit in with the network's image. Remember Weird Science?

Thumbs up on this one.

inventive and energetic

Author: stu-22 from Tracy, California
1 August 2000

"Kill, Kill, Kill" is a very inventive and energetic comedy that is also actually funny. Damian Young is one of the funniest people, especially villains, I've ever seen on TV. Linden Ashby is also pretty cool; he was in "Mortal Kombat" and had a short run on "Melrose Place". But I fear the show won't last long, considering it's a half-hour show on USA.

But I only have two concerns: 1) The show is supposed to have Smith and Kriegman take turns dying each week. So how come Kriegman died in both of the first two episodes? 2) When did the show change it's original title "The War Next Door"?