IMDb > "FreakyLinks" (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

Wuts Wrong With FOX

Author: Whitnee from USA MI DET
5 August 2003

Wuts wrong with Fox? Don't get me wrong, they got some great shows, but how could they let this one slip? I have Always been into the supernatural side of life and this show grabbed me from the first preview I saw. Wut really grabbed me was that these monsters are actually based on real life legands or real life as I believe. I only missed the show twice! And I hate myself. The show was great Not to say Ethan Embry TOO!!!(GOD is he hot???)But Fox made a big mistake of letting this show go.

Could have been *amazing*

Author: ombudsgirl from New York
20 November 2003

I had vaguely heard about this show when it aired, but since it was extremely elusive (and I was sick of "Blair Witch," which Fox used as the main selling point) I missed out. Three years later, I get my hands on the episodes...What a waste! This show could have been so, so good! I'll bet if they'd given it a chance and "introduced" it on a Sunday, it would have hooked in a bigger audience.

But yeah, the stories were great, the actors were great, there was potential for a lot of development...Someone mentioned Derek's "Get her!" attitude, citing Ghostbusters and I cracked up. Someone should petition for a DVD, even if it's just a bare-bones 13-episode set without features. Though commentary by the actors and crew would probably be hysterical.

why did it end????

Author: queenofmisery
10 July 2003

yeah, yeah, it seemed like a weird spin off of the blair witch project which could have shown a lack of creativity, but no. it wasn't. if you're a fan of science fiction and just feel either curiosity or just plain thrive on paranormal activity, this is right up your alley. lead role Ethan Embry gives off a pretty believable performance while trying to figure out why his twin brother (who died of unnatural causes) isn't among these friends that solve mysteries and battle personal demons at times. all in all, it was an interesting show.

Sorry it didn't make it past 13 Eps

Author: S. Bull (gtr_z24@hotmail.com) from Canada
10 October 2006

This is one of those Gems that get missed by the general viewers due to poor scheduling.

there should really be a revival of this show. I cant even find it on the internet at all anymore

As the internet was getting hotter this show was like Xfiles internet style. Monsters, Ghosts, Goblins ETC.

Good Casting and acting. Me and my whole family really enjoyed watching this show weekly and never missed an Eps.

If they ever make it to DVD i will have one of the first copies in the area.

Keep looking cause this show was great.

This was the best Sci-Fi TV show that I have ever seen!

Author: imbored9784 from Pennsylvania, U.S.
25 May 2002

This was an excellant show. It was very freaky, and had a website that went along with it. Everything seemed so real. It's a real shame that this show wasn't given more of a chance. It had a horrible timeslot and the reviews were mostly bad. It's a shame, because this show had so much potential. I still often wonder what really happened to Adam, Derek's brother.

A very good, promising show

Author: manny239 from Cincinnati, OH
20 October 2000

I liked Freakylinks, it has a ton of potential as long as it continues to branch out. The one problem I have is that the show needs to develop the individual characters more so that we can relate to them and like them better. It seems like the show rushes to the action part, when we should be getting to know the characters a little more so that we can see how they react, what they are all about, and just give an overall personality to the characters and the group. Overall a solid show, and if they clear up those flaws and improve on them, they can easily develop a Star Trek, or X-Files or Xena or Hercules-type cult following that cashes in and becomes a big hit for years to come.

GREAT!

Author: (mattcarrot@aol.com) from Houston, Texas
8 October 2000

FL is a great show. Truly wonderful. FL is a little cheesy and rough around the edges, but the premiere had me a little spooked out. There were surprises aplenty, and some pretty good performances throughout. Some of the story is a little hard to follow, but since it's a good show, you can keep up with it. FL in my opinion, is the second best new show this season, and I think it should succeed. The commercials (especially the ones they showed in theatres) rocked. NEWAY, what bothers me most, however, is that it has horrible buzz. The show premiered and no one liked it, and before it even premiered people were already saying it sucked. Well, I hope it stays on air because it is great. Ethan Embry holding his brother in the tub really got to me. Don't skip it. 9/10

Appealing cast, good potential.

Author: meadowlark
12 October 2000

Not a bad first episode--in the vein of The X-Files and Millennium. I like that. Not as witty as Buffy and not as heavyweight as The X-Files (yet), but the premise and its principle characters show promise.

The premise is that a group of twenty-somethings maintains a web site that features their investigations of weird occurrences. There is a wealth of such material to exploit, so the writers should never run out of plot ideas. This time around, there were quasi Blair Witch scenes which were not all that well integrated, but I hope the producers keep trying to head in that direction, so long as they don't simply become imitative. Overall, the plot was still a bit ahead of the execution.

The cast is very appealing. The lead guy (Ethan Embry) has a believable face, albeit not all of his acting seems to have caught up with his face. I think he will settle into it, though, and will become believable through and through.

With all the elements it has going for it, FreakyLinks has good potential for growth. I plan to continue watching it, and I hope it earns its keep.

Great While It Lasted

Author: Thor2000 from Collinsport, Maine
12 May 2001

Have you noticed the annoying trend nowadays on television ? It's when a show debuts, becomes an instant hit and the idiot television heads cancel it ! What is this ? Freaky Links was a great show ! It wasn't "Kolchak" or "Friday The 13th" scary, but it did fill in the void left behind on Friday nights by so many other great shows unjustly cancelled in spite of viewer success. The paranormal investigators behaved and acted like real amateur ghost hunters going after strange stories, but I do have to admit that some of the episodes were below the par of the pilot. It also tried to copy "The X Files" with Dennis Christopher as the shady guy behind the scenes; he was so unnecessary. If anything, it could have been more successful as a cross between "Kolchak" and "Scooby Doo" minus the dog of course and more scenes in creepy out of the way places at night, but I guess we'll never know how big it could have been unless the characters come back in a feature length movie.

Crushed potential

Author: Zoecb from United Kingdom
27 October 2004

I really liked this show!

Yet another piece of evidence to add to the "US networks need to open their eyes to the quality and stop pulling the plug on good shows" pile. I saw a few episodes of this on French TV - it was pretty successful in France for its brief run, magazines were full of it. I particularly liked the episode "Live Fast, Die Young" which featured Paige Moss (Buffy guest star) - it reminded me of a teenage version of the X files. This show had a fantastic concept, loads of potential for twists and character development, but hey, what can we do?

Also, you can tell a lot about a show from its opening credits. With a theme tune like that it would have gone far - excellent mission statement:

"What you don't know can't hurt you, what you look for might get you."

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]