IMDb > "Encounters with the Unexplained" (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Very informative

Author: YoFace from United States
4 July 2005

Many people complain that this TV show is just about asking questions and never coming to an answer? but the questions that it asks are ones that sometimes we have never heard of or never had an idea on how it worked. Encounters with the unexplained talks about a variety of subjects from "Big Foot" to aliens to the bible. Using compelling evidence and commentary as well as lots of audio and visual candy, Encounters with the Unexplained does the best possible job to clear up all the information and the theories and let it up to the viewer to decide for themselves. Very mysterious. I would give it 2.5 out of 5 stars.

I missed it..

Author: solitaire40 from Richmond, VA USA
5 October 2007

for the most part. I caught it one or two nights by mistake but liked what I watched. Unfortunately it must have been right before it got axed so I guess I'll never see this on DVD. Be nice if at least the SCIFI Channel could run them some time. They run every other goofy thing. Wonder if I emailed them if they could do it. I don't even know what network it was on. If anybody knows put a comment or reply here. I never requested a network to run a show before so I could use some advice. Might be some legal issues, who knows. That's what I get for going to bed early. Plus I would like to see Jerry Orbach again narrating these shows. That in itself would be worth it. He is surely missed.

Vexingly awful!

Author: Dan Oines (DanOines@aol.com) from Florida, USA
30 July 2002

It is tiresome enough to be bombarded with local news tease questions throughout prime time and before each commercial break, but this show is nothing BUT questions to the audience. I'm all for investigative journalism and blowing the lid off conspiracies, but I'm just a member of the public, and I'd appreciate solid information and evidence in a story, not a tedious exercise in dubious allegations. After the fifth question in a row, I ask myself "what are they asking me for?", and hunger for undebatable facts and raw data.