IMDb > "Ed" (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Ed"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Ed" More at IMDbPro »

Page 4 of 6: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]

Best new series of the season

Author: William Kucharski from Louisville, Colorado
13 October 2000

Ed is simply charming and amazing, I've rarely fallen for a series so quickly. I just hope the writers can keep the quality up and not fall into a Northern Exposure-esque trap.

(Let's also hope they don't drag Ed and Carol out for years and get them together soon. It's generally a rule where if they get together fairly early, it works, but if they drag it out it becomes a whole Sam/Diane thing where getting them together kills the show...)

wow

Author: kranders from USA
8 October 2000

After seeing the pilot episode of "ed", i'm officially hooked. maybe it's just the vapid desperation for fresh television, due to endless summer re-runs, or maybe it's the fact that it was one of the funniest, most down to earth shows i've ever seen. all i know is that i am inspired, and i want to go and buy a bowling alley, just like ed.

Great fun

Author: Frogfisher from London, England
6 April 2003

This show as actually pretty good, fun, real, nice acting, the fun of a challenge game and of course nice girls.

I watch the show as much as possible, because it's different from all the other shows, it's not a sitcom and it's not like "Ally", it's better, than all other out there now, except for "The Simpsons".

Right now the show is on late nights sundays in Denmark, I hope they'll move it to a better time.

Cool!

Author: Rosemea D.S. MacPherson from US
13 October 2000

I liked Thomas Cavanagh (Anya's Bell ) who play "Ed Stevens" when he played Doug, the guy who used to eat dog cookies at the Gourmet Pet Store, in "Providence", one of the best television series nowadays. He was a fun off beat character that made us laugh! Now he is back as the bowling alley lawyer. Well nothing wrong with that, there are many lawyers who drive taxi cabs as it is! There are just too many of us!!!! I love the concept, and loved the first episode. I could easily compare it to Northern Exposure, when the doctor was stuck in Alaska because he had to meet his medical school service commitment. Oh well, that just goes to show you that lawyers and doctors contrary to popular belief that they are rich because they make good money, are not rich at all. They are heavily indebted due to the fact that they spent their lives in school before they made their first cent. David Letterman is one of the producers of the show, and America loves his sense of humor and that adds to the fact that the show is really promising, the premise is good. The show made me laugh! I liked first episode!

fun group of characters

Author: SnoopyStyle
13 September 2015

Ed Stevens (Tom Cavanagh) hates his job as a contracts lawyer in NYC. When he misplaces a comma costing the firm $1.6 million, he gets fired. He goes home to find his wife Liz in bed with a mailman (not THE mailman). While feeling nostalgia for high school, he flies back to Stuckeyville, Ohio to ask out cheerleader dream girl Carol Vessey (Julie Bowen). The only problem is that Carol doesn't know who he is and she already has a boyfriend. Carol is now teaching at the high school with Ed's old friend Molly Hudson (Lesley Boone). His best friend Mike Burton (Josh Randall) is a doctor struggling to take over the practice from retiring Dr. Walter Jerome. Mike and his wife Nancy Burton (Jana Marie Hupp) has a baby girl. Ed decides to buy the local bowling alley and then starts his small town law office there. Phil Stubbs (Michael Ian Black), Shirley Pifko (Rachel Cronin) and Kenny Sandusky (Mike Starr) are three weirdos who work at the bowling alley. Kenny would later leave to be replaced by the wheelchair bound Eli Goggins (Daryl Mitchell). Warren Cheswick (Justin Long), Mark Vanacore (Michael Genadry) and Diane Snyder (Ginnifer Goodwin) are three of the students in Carol's class who show up prominently in the Ed and Carol saga.

The show starts by hooking the audience on Ed chasing Carol. It also introduces some great fun side characters. It's a great group. While the back and forth between Ed and Carol is fun for awhile, the show does struggle to figure out what to do with the relationship at a certain point. The big showdown between Carol and Frankie does have some problems. Unlike the other romantic connections, Frankie is a simple nice girl and her departure leaves a sour taste. The show is not a ratings juggernaut for the first three seasons. In the fourth and final shorten season, it fades when Ed finally catches Carol and loses the energy of unrequited love. Carol going to NYC doesn't help but the die was cast by then. The last half season is mostly trying to inject some drama as the show wraps up.

Very underrated show

Author: Maniac-9 from St. Louis, MO
9 February 2012

One of my favorite shows when it originally aired. The show is about a lawyer who comes back to his hometown after he finds his wife cheating on him with the mailman. After he's back he buys the local bowling alley which he also sets up his law practice in.

The show is filled with tons of quirky characters and all the characters seem to have great chemistry together.

Ed's best friend is Mike who's a doctor and each of them make $10 bets with each other making the other do embarrassing dares. The object of Ed's affection is Carol who he had a crush on in high school.

A lot of actors from this show have gone onto really successful careers post Ed.

Julie Bowen is now the star of Modern Family. Ginnifer Goodwin has been in a ton of movies and also was on Big Love. Justin Long has been in multiple movies.

All time Fantastic show

Author: tipka from United States
25 July 2006

This show had everything: comedy, drama, romance, inspiration, empathy, terrific music, excellent actors and actresses. I wish it were still on. The warmth exhibited by Tom Cavanagh is seldom seen on TV. This show stands heads and shoulders above the "reality" shows and game shows that are so popular today.

I was a part of the group that tried to convince NBC to have another season. We raised $5000 in about a week from fans all over the world in order to put an ad in Variety, we hired a skywriter, we sent balloons to NBC, we wrote letters containing fake ten dollar bills with Ed Stevens' picture on them...sadly to no avail.

Ed was more than a show. It was a community. A lifestyle. The show has motivated many fans to be better people.

Ed is Fantastic

Author: Lou Anderson (loukc5@yahoo.com.au) from Australia
4 April 2002

Living in Australia - I love to see how other little towns around the globe operate and the town of 'Stuckeyville' is certainly somewhere I would want to visit, if it existed! I know we are probably heaps of seasons behind the US with our screenings here but I know that I look forward to Thursday nights - 7:30pm so I can see what whacky story the script writers have come up. It is a wonderful series and I hope that we continue to get it here 'Down Under' for many seasons to come.

All is not lost!

Author: HyperionAirways from United States
25 June 2005

If you're a fan of Ed, and are saddened by the loss of the show from TBS, fear not! We at TwoKeysClub are hard at work writing and developing Season Five scripts! Our completely overhauled site was launched about a week ago, and we've already got very active forums. Talk about the show, share your Ed wallpapers/screensavers, work on DVD/syndication campaigns, discuss the Season Five scripts, and more! (Ever wondered what the cast would look like as South Park characters?) All, of course, absolutely free!

You've read about TKC at SDC, SBN and the TBS websites...come see for yourself what everyone is talking about!

www.twokeysclub.com

Restores My faith

Author: Mindyd from Colorado
14 April 2003

I have seen every episode of Ed. Many episodes I have watched, I have come away disappointed. However, recently, Ed has been getting better. The storylines reflect those of the first season. During the second season of Ed, the charm that drew me to the show in the first place was gone and I couldn't believe that I was still watching it. However, I stuck with it. I knew that sooner or later, it would have to get better . . . and you know what????? It did. The season finale . . . (perhaps the last EVER episode of Ed, since NBC might be dropping it next year). . . completely restored my faith in the series. It couldn't have been written much better. Ed had to choose between two people that he loved equally. I applaud the writers. They were able to portray this realistically. You really believed that Ed loved both Carol and Frankie. This is why we watch Ed, why we keep coming back to the same thing year after year. Ed shows that it is possible to bomb a Sophomore Season and come screaming to the finish line first in the third.

I truly hope that Ed is not cancelled. I would like to see what happens to Carol and Ed's relationship. After all, we have been waiting for what seems to be an eternity for them to get together. It's about time. From the first season this was what we expected. Now Ed and Carol are together. NBC . . . give Ed a year with Carol. We, the audience want it.

Page 4 of 6: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]