IMDb > "The District" (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"The District"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"The District" More at IMDbPro »

Great TV series

Author: icarus-26 from United States
10 May 2006

This is a terrific program, and all of the seasons should be released on DVD, including the pilot. Craig T. Nelson, does some really good acting. You really get involved with the storyline, and also, the lives of the characters. The direction is extremely good as is the casting. Written by the man , who, lived it, (with another author) makes all the difference. The stories are much more believable, than most of the police shows, that are being broadcast, at the moment. This program, has a good moral basis. It shows that, even faced with insurmountable odds, if you are determined to make a difference, in the world, you really, can make a difference. Please start releasing the seasons. Thanks.

Absolutely Love This Show

Author: sha-26 from Washington DC, United States
6 May 2006

Being a Washingtonian myself, I have to say that The District was my absolute favorite show from the beginning. I loved the plots and the characters. Of course the show wasn't the same without Lynn as Ella. And there were some other memorable character like Danny McGregor and Nick Pierce. I watch the reruns every single day. Craig T. Nelson is absolutely amazing in this show. His character Jack Manion is so believable and lovable because he doesn't do anything by the rules, which I love. CBS really had a gold mine with this show and I can't believe they canceled it because it was doing OK without Lynn, but I guess it could never be as good as it was when she was there. I really really miss this show. Thank God for reruns.

The death of Ella Lynn Thigpen

Author: sweet5red from shreveport La
9 April 2006

Lynn was so awesome.. and not just as an actress but she gave her heart to what she loved.. her life and her character in anything she did.. i never saw the episode with her death and funeral until last night April 8th 2006.. but i cried..and when

the chief knew just where to find the child,

at the race and said lets finish this together for her.. I felt that it was priceless, I use to love to watch Craig T nelson on the coach.But i loved him on the district. I believe i will purchase the DVD set when it comes out. and also look for other shows Lynn was in.. Sweet N Louisiana

my opinion

Author: meyermartina2000 from France
22 December 2005

I did enjoy very must the show and we are glad to know that it will go on on a channel here in France next January, the second , on Series CLUB. I didn't get the chance till now to watch season 4. I hope they will show it next year. I was late to watch the series so maybe I missed it.... I was glad to discover such actors with a great talent and the duet Mannion Ella Farmer was charming. I like the very human side of Jack Mannion, straight but human and very keen on listening to the others.I appreciate also the secondary roles such as Temple Page who is closed to what I am and also Noland and his very supporting wife. I hope that one day CBS Channel will give to us the joy to have it on Dvds zone I and 2.

Wonderful show. Miss Lynne Thigpen.

Author: baker-1 from Australia
11 September 2005

I have thoroughly enjoyed watching this show, but was very sad when Lynne Thigpen died. She and the Chief had such a wonderful relationship. I was particularly upset about Lynn's death when I read her profile some months ago as I was just out of hospital myself from recovering from a brain aneurysm so was quite shocked to see she had died from a brain haemorrhage. I was one of the lucky ones the doctors keep telling me. So, I really feel for her family and extend my deepest sympathy to them and to the cast and crew of the show. I will certainly keep watching it and hope it never finishes, but it really isn't the same without her.

excellent

Author: mattkratz (themattk@hotmail.com) from Richardson, TX
12 July 2001

Not a bad dramatic turn for Craig T. Nelson, who puts meat into his character of Jack Mannion, the man in charge of trying to keep the streets of Washington, DC, safe. This show certainly has potential, and I recommend it to anyone who has an hour on Saturday nights to spare.

Long Live The District

Author: Lord_Warrior from United Kingdom
23 March 2005

I have Watched the TV show The District from the start and am amazed at Craig T Neilsons work he has portrayed the character of Jack Maple amazingly and have laughed and also cried at the amazing work done and also the people lost Such as Lynne Thighpen as Ella May Farmer and i pray this show never Ends Well done Craig T Neilson and Cujo Laughs out Loud I Have not and will not stop watching this i would be deeply disappointed to see this show go as it touches on so many subjects and has a fun side also the comedy that Craig brings to the show is at times a great relief and brightens up the darker moments of such a wonderful show.

Please make this available on DVD!!!

Author: larrellanes from United States
4 June 2007

Please make this available on DVD. I don't want to miss one episode! And would like to keep in my library. Please, Please, Please!! I love all the characters and enjoy the topics covered. I especially love Chief Mannion and Ella Farmer. I hated to see her leave the program! I also love Temple Page! I actually have loved ALL the characters in each episode. I am renting a dvr box just to record each episode, but it doesn't hold all of them and some have to be deleted to continue recording. So please make this available to purchase on DVD! I actually get up and turn on the TV to watch it at 8am and can't get off to work on time. I am addicted to this series! So please let me know when this will be available on DVD. Thank you for your consideration!!

The Chief and Ella discuss dating

Author: wraptoss from United States
2 December 2006

This is (was) one of my all-time favorite shows. The interaction among the cast was magnificent. I especially enjoyed Chief Mannion and his relationship with Ella. I miss the show and look forward to the release of the DVD's. There was one episode near the end of Ella's appearances in which Jack and Ella were seated at the Chief's desk across from each other, eating. The Chief asks Ella if she has ever dated a white man. The discussion following is priceless, a classic, with the climax topping the segment off with a line and pan that, in my opinion, rivals "Who's on First". Many thanks for a great show with professionalism, morality and memorable characters that were real people I could relate to.

Sad Day

Author: demohr from Canada
7 October 2006

I agree that it is a shame that this show was canceled.It's the nature of the beast though that every show comes to an end.I guess all we can do is enjoy what the cast and crew were able to do while they were sharing time :) A death of a cast member can have a huge effect on the cast but also on the audience and maybe it was just to hard to carry on.Thank you to all those who put the show together and gave us a wonderful show that I'm sure will be around for years to come :)I am looking forward to seeing everyone in other rolls now that they are free to do so.Well I guess i'd better say Thank you for your time and hope you will give your opinion on here to :)