IMDb > "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings
Page 6 of 24: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [Next]

The best criminal series ever

Author: ingrid_berglund from Sweden
31 July 2006

I really love this series. The personalities are so solid. I have become addicted to this program. It contains both humor and sadness and of course a reflection of reality. We are starting a new season here in Sweden august the 14th. Guess who is sitting and watching.

I even watching CSI on other channels if I can. Although that I know the story I will still look at it.

Thanks for a really good series.

A big hug to all of you that makes this program so exiting every time it are broadcasted on the TV.

My boyfriend and daughter agrees with me in this comment.

I wish that I could be on location and see how this series are made. But that is not possible I know that, but one can dream,

Warm regards from a truly fan in Sweden.

Ingrid, Peter and Linnea

One Amazing Show!!!!!!!!

Author: abdulrhaman2003 from Canada
29 July 2006

I just recently went on a website where people were saying how the think that the show is all fake and that they don't think people should be watching it. Now I'm no expert in the arts of forensic science but not everything on the show is going to be accurate. It's the changing of reality is what I think makes the show what it is. I've just recently gotten into the show and it seems amazing. This one comment that I read was from an attorney. He thinks he knows everything. It's just a show. It's to keep people entertained. PErsonally i love it. I find it fascinating the way they portray the crime scenes. And even if these murder stories aren't based on real life it's still makes for good TV. But the truth is that murder, theft, crime, etc, do happen in real life. And the way the creator of the show makes a personal background for each character is amazing. And I like the fact that they do not show too much about the characters lives because it leaves me eager to know. I love all the characters in the show because of the way they cooperate and the way they occasionally portray some emotion to the case and the fact that they try their best to solve the case. SOmetimes it makes me happy to be 14 because I don't know what I'd do if I came close to a dead body. All I can say is that it makes for good TV.

How brilliant

Author: user-1369 from United Kingdom
11 July 2006

CSI is amazing. don't see how anyone could not like this. good story lines and always something different. If you wanna a good programme then watch it. Good choice of actors and actresses! Some hot people occasionally which is always good. similar to close to home A lot better than CSI Miami. I have watched nearly all of the series so i recommend to start from the beginning to the end. It makes it more interesting because you see how better each one gets. Many particular good ones however i did like them all. If you wanna watch then its on Living TV nearly every night to watch. I think its on at 110clock so make sure you tune in.

Outstanding!

Author: mamadelau69 from Venezuela
27 June 2006

Intelligent intriguing and sexy, the characters are integral part of the story without being inferior between them. the shining performances and the excellent write script adapted to the modern techniques but of investigation they do of this program one guessed right and intelligent proposal.CSI is pioneer of a is pioneering of an ample range of programs of this style, nevertheless its unique style and its so particular atmosphere they position it in the preference of the spectator like the best one in its class. CSI it has all the ingredients necessary to create the tension and to maintain the interest during each episode, an intrinsic sensuality that makes wish to be part of the team.

I am a junkie and CSI is my heroin

Author: redwing1499 from United States
18 June 2006

This is my absolute favorite show on TV (as of right now). It has great stories, a likable cast and good attention to detail. Yes, CSI's are not detectives but it makes for great drama. Usually they are not involved in interrogation and arresting suspects. Everything else is pretty realistic. They employ real life forensics experts for accuracy. In fact, some cases have been inspired by real life crimes.

For example, the 4th season episode "After The Show" was based on the murder of model Linda Sobek in '95 who was murdered by her photographer.

I have seen every single episode and there are no more than a handful I thought were less than stellar. Essential Thursday night viewing-if I am not home, my Tivo always tapes it for me :)

wow!!!

Author: queen_ankh from United Kingdom
7 May 2006

wow! It's amazing from start to finish! All the cases differ each week. The personal stories reassure you that the CSIs are based on real people and can be portrayed well by actors. Sometimes the personals get a bit emotional but they recover and solve the next few cases with amazing speed! All the features on the DVDs show how the series is made for all the science buffs! I loved CSI from the moment I watched the first episode because of the way it opened with views of Las Vegas and the first case for Nick (cos he's cool!)I feel in love with show cos it changes every week and opinions seem very real throughout the series giving it a feel of reality. If the stopped making them my life would have a lot less meaning!! Suzanne

Not just the crime!!

Author: keskin_snape from New Zealand
31 March 2003

I watch this show every week...and we're almost halfway through the third season in New Zealand. Alot of people reckon its just about the 'evidence' and the cases...but I like...(love) it for a whole other reason. Human Interaction. I love the characters...they're so intriguing, and they interact with each other so well. What I like the most is the 'attraction' between the two characters 'Grissom' and 'Sara'. It may not seem obvious...but if your a die hard fan like me...you'll probably know. Though that part of the show is why I mainly watch it for now...I still love the cases. They are interesting...and sometimes even morbidly funny. Though that is putting it very lightly.

Its my favourite show, and I give it a one-hundred and ten on the Geeklove o'meter!! :thumb:

Once great, now it grates

Author: Michael Pless (michaelrpless@gmail.com) from Melbourne, Australia
4 February 2015

Wonderfully stylish and engagingly shot, this series was one of the first (but certainly *not* the first) to make forensic science interesting and understandable to those who aren't in the trade. The animations and so forth used to further explain complex principles are as strong and engaging as ever.

Even the gradual turn-over of characters hasn't hurt the series so much, because the characters are as wonderful as the production values. From Peterson's abstract and at times eccentric Gil Grissom, through Lawrence Fishburn's brooding (if not threatening, at times) Ray Langston, to the strict, but wise father-figure of Ted Danson, they are unique and bring something to scripts that are increasingly shoddy and seemingly churned-out *sans* any care whatsoever.

It is the expository dialogue that so annoys, for it often treats the viewer as if they were incapable of putting two and two together. The latest example is when Danson's daughter is kidnapped and she leaves a trail of forensic breadcrumbs that end at tyre tracks and paint flakes. "I think she's trying' to tell us they switched cars," says the now overweight George Eads. Really? That needed to be spelled-out so bluntly, because the audience wouldn't realize what it meant? I certainly hope CSI is not now targeting coma patients! The exposition is also increasingly poorly-crafted, and I know from experience that forensic scientists don't talk like that amongst each other. I accept that some things need to be explained to the audience. That said, it is totally unnecessary for the characters to deliver a lecture as if to primary-school children on what they are about to do, giving detail on the physics or chemistry, only to have their equally-knowledgeable colleague comment, "That's amazing/terrific/wonderful/etc."

There are now what looks like hundreds (if not scores) of writers for the show, and perhaps this is the cause of the poorly-crafted dialogue - they simply lack a clear understanding of how a forensic science lab might operate and find the science new and exciting and in their gushing enthusiasm presume the audience is similarly...clueless.

Ted Danson like a whale in a dessert

Author: singlemanhk from Hong Kong
30 September 2011

Two episodes into season 12 and it's dire...

Ted Danson is like a whale in the dessert - his performances are so wooden and inept that a plank could generate more empathy. While the scriptwriters seem to have forgotten how the other characters interacted and formed a team for many seasons as they appear total strangers to each other right now. From past seasons we know the team members have brains, commonsense and initiative but season 12 has them thick as planks so the Whale can appear a genius.

CSI used to be one of my must see shows, now it's toast on the tivo. Sad to see a great show go unmissable to unwatchable.

A nice trip to the land of make believe

Author: Kaptain Bluddflagg
2 December 2011

The main reason I dislike this show is how inaccurate it is; CSI techs are not cops. They can't arrest people, can't serve warrants, don't interrogate suspects and lab results take MUCH longer then they do on the show.

Granted, most procedural dramas stretch the truth a bit to make the show more entertaining, but CSI doesn't just stretch the truth, it fabricates it. Some people might be able to sit and watch a show like this and suspend disbelief, but I can't. Knowing that this show is 90% false keeps it from being entertaining for me, and I honestly do not understand why some people can watch this show and think they have learned anything about forensics.