IMDb > "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings
Page 3 of 24: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [Next]

Unbelievably good!!!

Author: YL X from Sydney, Australia
11 November 2006

CSI Las Vegas is the best TV show is have seen in many years. I became a fan of crime related show several years ago. I have always consider X-files to be the best TV series until i bought the DVD of CSI. And to be honest, this one is even better! intriguing plot, excellent acting and, there's humor. and the city Las Vegas seems to have so many interesting, sometimes rather ironic ways of living, i just can't get enough of it! Someone thought CSI has jumped the shark in season 4, but i think in season 6 things are just getting more interesting. the whole season 6 kept me on the edge of the seat, so did the new season 7. i hope the show never ends,really!

They must have listened!?

Author: benzene from Boulder, Colorado
2 June 2001

I gave the show another try and it's almost a totally different show. Instead of having three or four investigations in each show, they focus on one main investigation and maybe a minor side. They do the investigations thoroughly and how I envision (I am not in any way related to the field) it would really happen.

The acting is massively better, without all the heavy dialog and serious looks. William Petersen's character, Grissom, has a quirky, off-beat sense of humor that you'd almost expect from a person with the gruesome responsibilities he has.

They even have a few moral dilemmas once in a while to bring out the human side of the characters that "Law and Order" purposely avoids.

It's turned into a very entertaining show.

A lullaby for the middle class

Author: woongah-drawings from on the move
28 June 2010

It may seem strange. I hate CSI, in all its versions, almost as much as I love "The Wire".

On one hand, it appears to me some form of disguised "science fiction": the efficiency of the crime labs depicted seems, frankly, unearthly.

I tend to believe more in the messy lab depicted in "The Wire", the one with the blood samples rotting in a broken freezer, than to all the (highly) expensive tests of CSI and their superhuman ability to perform near state-of-the-art verifications.

On the other end, I can't help but find disgusting most of the fiends: they almost always kill for pretty silly reasons.

Looking at them, from my country (I'm Italian - CSI arrived here too...) they are almost incomprehensible (the whole country has less homicides per year than a couple of USA major cities, let's say Baltimore plus Detroit ).

And, frankly, upsetting. Is this the future of occidental civilization?

Ah, I almost forgot: to my eyes the protagonists look all, each one for his own reason, as a bunch of S.O.B. that I would never want as neighbors.

If I had to select a show I should stop watching, is CSI. In fact, I stopped.

I happened to look it just because there was nothing else (not better, else) to watch on Tuesday night, waiting for "Last Exile" in the local MTV anime evening.

Six full episodes of disgust, before I gave up.

Than, I took a look at the first episodes of the spin-offs, just to see if anything changes. Nothing really change, it's the same stuff cooked the same way.

All its value is in its being the classic lullaby for the middle class: the shining knights of CSI will discover the assassins through their supreme expertise and technology, so that every God-fearing, law abiding good citizen can go to sleep under three wool blankets. Which is probably the reason of its success.

One Word: AMAZING!

Author: icegirl2772 from Australia
8 December 2012

CSI is an amazing television series that is always fresh and leaves you on the edge of the seat. The characters are actual human beings you can relate to and the acting is real and warm. There is always a different crime to every episode and it's never repeated over and over again.

All the seasons are also amazing in their own unique way. Here's how I rate them.

Season 1 = an amazing start

Season 2 = an emotional ride

Season 3 = I have no words

Season 4 = very interesting

Season 5 = all I can say is this... WOW!

Season 6 = a new beginning

Season 7 = OH MY GOD! Words cannot describe its awesomeness!

Season 8 = short but sweet

Season 9 = filled with some much drama

Season 10 = interesting arc (not saying what in case you haven't seen season 10 yet)

Season 11 = my favorite season so far

Season 12 = addictive

Season 13 (current season) = shaping out to be another hit

But something they all have in common: the talent the writers have to mix crime, drama, humor, family and a touch of romance (watch the series, there is some romance) together in a way that doesn't focus too particularly on one thing.

All in all, CSI is an amazing show that I would recommend for anyone. I hope it never ends!

Numero Uno

Author: henry-429-883632 from UK
18 September 2012

Great acting, great research, great writing, great photography. The series bear watching over and over again. I can't think of a better crime drama.

It is however a tiny bit formulaic from time to time. SO on a light- hearted note I thought I'd distill the formula as much as possible.

spoiler:

a) Either boys playing around, or lovers having hot sex (with essential undies inexplicably still on) chance upon, become, or walk by a disembodied head/skeleton

b) Grissom is suddenly there, quoting Confucius at the puzzled CSIs. David is taking the liver temperature (unless it's a disembodied head or skeleton)

c) Sara picks up a cigarette, then gives an explanation for any thick viewers out there "This was not a hit and run!"

d) Grissom says "evidently he didn't run enough", or some other wise- crack, and ...

e) TITLES: "Who are you do do do do". Never get tired of 'em

f) on the other side of town, Catherine's progress towards a crime scene is impeded by a dumb male jobsworth. Because she's smart and has the facts at her fingertips she sets him straight, squashes his ego in fact. Squish

g) she strolls haughtily in on a crime scene and points a torch at a racing track, nods sagely and says "Testosterone!" as if that explained everything

h) meanwhile back at the lab, Grissom and Doc Robbins are having a chat over a dead body, usually one showing signs of "petechial haemorraging". Their conversation is useless to them, but might be useful for anyone who happened to be watching who hadn't yet drawn the 'correct' moral conclusions about the scenario,

i) Nick and Warrick make an unspecified and probably inappropriate bet about the new hot chick in DNA lab,

j) cut to the Cool Science Scene. A CSI does a week-long experiment in 2 minutes, accompanied by booming Radiohead/Sigur Ros/etc

k) Greg eloquently (for a nerd) explains how many jobs HE did in that 2 minutes,

l) Grissom and Sara flirt in much the same tone of voice as nerds call out blindfold chess moves to each other. Same facial expression too.

m) they close in on the killer who is Not Who You Thought It Was. Brass' wisecracks at this stage provide 50% of the show's pleasure

n) Catherine's killer turns out to be either a 12 yr old girl who smiles back uncaringly, or a mother who has just killed her daughter. Catherine, whose daughter is the same age, looks disillusioned and world-weary.

o) Nick solves the main case for the 100th time. Grissom explains to him that he's not quite good enough yet

p) more "The Who". Warm feeling inside, tempted to watch another...

Great Show!

Author: Alex Darrow (csi_svu_addict) from United States
19 September 2006

I've only been watching CSI for a couple of months(7 months to be exact) But this show has drawn me in in every episode. I haven't missed one, except while i was at camp (sigh). Anyway, CSI has been one of my favorite shows since. The cast is perfect(to me) the plot always interests me, and the jokes always make me laugh(sometimes more than i should). But, I'm glad that this show has made it into the seventh season, without it I'd die. Many people think Grey's Anatomy will kill CSI, but, I'm confident that they'll hold up pretty well. After all, it did score 15.9 million viewers this year. Read it in a magazine. Jorja Fox is awesome, and I cannot wait till the next mind-blowing season.

Bloody, amazing and personal

Author: Cora from Netherlands
12 August 2006

Since Crime Scening is a very popular thing in the world these days, TVseries have to live up to that. 'CSI' isn't just another series like those we all know. It gives some high-tech and yet easy information about crimes and scenes, but it also brings the human part back to the viewer. Every character has it's own personality and problems. Also some oddities of nature are made visible in the series, such as lycanthropy, sexual preferences, addictions and some things you've never even heard of before. 'CSI' shows us that nature (of God) has a will of it's own. It also is a how to become a better criminal show: never forget to wear gloves and remove any trace! It's yet another cash-machine, turned to gold by Jerry Bruckheimer.

Absolutely Amazing

Author: jaycloud9 from United States
12 August 2006

I always thought that crime shows were just all about cops finding the criminals and bringing them to justice, but I was wrong. I had just started watching CSI: Crime Scene Investigation a few months ago and let me just say that the first impression was DEFINITELY the lasting impression. I immediately got hooked and now I can't stop watching reruns now during the summer on Spike and every Thursday on CBS. Hopefully, CBS will hold onto CSI as long as possible. I can seriously see why this show is rated as the most watched TV show. =) The spin offs are pretty good, but I think that the original is always the best. (Well, in this case, at least.)

Picture Perfect!

Author: Fadhillah Harun from Malaysia
27 July 2006

I've watch this series ever since it first showed in Malaysia's television and yet, I loved it very much. From the first season until the six season, this series yet to be the Best TV Drama for my family and my closest friends who also watched this series. The plot, the actors and actress, they were just so great. The producer really found great actors to bring this series come alive. That's way in Malaysia, this series had been the most watchable TV series. There two TV channel which showed this series and yet, both of them succeeded to achieve highest ratings. I can't believe it had been about five years since I've first watched this series. It was so wonderful. The techniques use in this series sometimes can be scary but yet informative. No wonder my little sister want to become a forensic researcher when she grow up. CSI is the best TV series ever! I can't resist to watch it even do I have an exam! Sometimes the storyline can be funny and analogical but, who cares is the series is way better than the storyline itself? What am I talking here? No matter what, this series is the best TV series ever! And the most important things, I love Greg Sanders role by Eric Zsamanda and Nick Stokes by George Eads! Love them both the most!

Excellent

Author: n_walker-1 from United Kingdom, Scotland
13 July 2006

I just have to say how much a great show CSI is, i had never seen it, up until a couple of months ago. I was watching TV and there was not a thing on, i came across CSI and decided to watch it, now I'm hooked, so i went out and bought seasons 1-5 on DVD and have now watched them all, and saw some of season 6 on TV. I haven't really got a favourite character, i think they are all great (the guys who play Nick and Warrick are HOT!!) I would recommend this programme to everyone. Its not only got a great cast and writers but its really interesting and educational, i just think its one of the best TV programmes around, roll on season 7, cant wait!!!