IMDb > "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings
Page 16 of 24: [Prev][11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [Next]

disappointing finale.

Author: wkozak221 from United States
4 October 2015

I watched the finale. They shouldn't have made it. Paul Guilfoyle basically just stands around. Marg keep trying to look younger and younger. DB does an OK job. However, the animosity between Grissom and Sara is very thick and annoying. He goes from being an entomologist to an icthiologist. Also, he has a doctorate. All through out the show he is called "mr." not "dr.". Very disrespectful. They did not have to do the finale. The premise of willow's casino blowing up was a bit contrived. The case could have been more intricate to bring the team back together. I wish it was a better case. It would have been a fitting end to a series I used to enjoy watching every week.

affecting both TV world and the real world

Author: SnoopyStyle
8 August 2014

Crime Scene Investigators use scientific methods to investigate crimes. This follows the night CSI crew of the Las Vegas Police Department. Gil Grissom (William Petersen) is the leader of the team which includes Warrick Brown (Gary Dourdan), Catherine Willows (Marg Helgenberger), Sara Sidle (Jorja Fox), and Nick Stokes (George Eads). Captain Jim Brass (Paul Guilfoyle) is the investigating police lead. Dr. Al Robbins (Robert David Hall) is the coroner and David Phillips (David Berman) is his assistant. Greg Sanders (Eric Szmanda) and David Hodges (Wallace Langham) are a couple of the many techs over the years. Other actors have starred on the show including Ted Danson, Elisabeth Harnois, Laurence Fishburne and Elisabeth Shue.

This show turned the TV staple cop show into a new genre of its own. For good or for bad, it brought the science of investigation into the living room. It's infinitely fascinating and even has influenced the real legal world. That and its long running life means that it is one of the most influential fictional show around. On top of that, there is some good chemistry especially with the original cast. The characters are being replaced over time and that has taken a toll on the chemistry. It's a 7 as a show but its influence elevates it to a 8.

Perry Mason to the 25th power - no surprise witnesses

Author: XweAponX from United States
11 March 2009

Jerry Bruckheimer makes good stuff- His long time alliance with Tony Scott rubs off here. Each episode runs like an abbreviated Tony Scott film. The production crew is fantastic, and I recognize names from some past great shows, Naren Shankar, formerly from "Star Trek: The Next Generation" - Whoever this person is, just as they wrote some of the best episodes for ST:TNG, they also have written some of the best CSI eps. Director Kenneth Fink has also come into his own during the run of this show, and As far as the creator of this show - I had never heard of Anthony E. Zuiker- I guess he tried to hock this idea back in 1989, but I'm glad the idea was finally formed into this show. I never bothered watching this until they had a marathon of CSI:NY on Spike. I got sucked right in to it, so I have been catching up with all 3 series. Initially, I liked CSI:NY the most, but as I have been watching all CSI eps from the beginning, I have to admit that the original is the best of the lot.

Each CSI Episode is an Homage to the basic Mystery Genre: "Who is this person, why are they dead, Who Done it, and HOW?" - In the 10 years of this series We've seen homages to X-Files, Matrix, even Spaghetti Westerns! Quentin Tarantino even wrote and directed a major 2-Part Episode! Every character is developed and believable, From Grissom to Hodges - And we are not inundated with Sex, although there is plenty of Sexual Tension in the show. Instead we are inundated with, Sometimes, Inanity! Sometimes, the situations shown are unbelievable - Although totally entertaining. Usually when we have "Situation Unbelievable" on CSI, we have the best show of a season.

Of all the people on the show, I can relate to Hodges the most. Beneath his buttocks-kissing exterior, lies a genuinely interesting person, much like several real people I actually know. It is almost as if each member of the "Night Shift" team is almost a personality archetype- One of the best episodes that explores this was the episode where Hodges creates a Board Game based on all the Lab Techs. We have to love the interaction between Doc Robbins and Langston and I'm glad that is being pursued in Season 10.

I mention Perry Mason because I got sucked into that show the same way- Had to keep watching it until I saw every ep! That was a lot of eps! The creator of Perry Mason, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0306916/bio Earle Stanley Gardner, was a lawyer and an author for crime magazines from the 1920s-up- One of the first lawyers and authors to introduce the idea of Forensics into both Detective work and crime fiction. Although the character of Perry Mason was a lawyer, the fictional cases had to do with forensics, and I thought that was cool, even though a lawyer like Perry Mason would never be allowed in real life to get away with the amount of court contempt in the TV Series.

The CSIs are similar: They deal with all kinds of forensics, and coupled with great characters and interesting crimes and always a twist that makes each ep interesting. Which was why I liked Perry Mason so well. The similarities in each show... CSI and Perry Mason... Probably account for the popularity of each, and the more I watch the original CSI, I actually see that they emulate that original Perry Mason format - Each episode is a Mini-Movie. And Although I enjoy the Miami and NY CSI shows, this one is my favourite. Miami CSI seems to have too much blatant sex represented, and the NY CSI, although closer in format to the Original CSI, and even though I enjoy those characters as well, well.., Nothing beats the original CSI, and even with Grissom not in the show anymore, I STILL highly enjoy each episode, especially "Appendicitement"

One of My Favourite TV shows ***** out of *****

Author: Welshfilmfan from Cardiff, Wales
18 January 2009

The TV series follows the cases of the Las Vegas Crime Scene Investigators Led by Gil Grissom (William Petersen) I've been a huge fan of CSI:Crime Scene Investigation and it's spin-offs since they first came out,

It's stylish,thrilling,well written,Well acted,fast moving & gripping from start to finish, 60 minutes fly by, yeah sure some episodes are better than others, and some episodes are just downright silly, but it's all enjoyable all the same

so successful it now has two spin off shows CSI:NY & CSI:Miami, both very good though neither reach the heights and quality of the original and the best

***** out of *****

Don Swayze's role as the character – Dave Bohr in this CSI episode!!

Author: GI-Jane1 from Canada
29 September 2008

This was the first opportunity I had to see the amazing and incredible performance by actor Don Swayze either on television or in a movie!! As a fan who always loved a great adventure and great action heroes, I very seldom pay much attention to the darker side of any character, until very recently, thanks to a friend who made me notice.

Watching this episode I was appalled and amazed how dark and sinister this episode was going to be!! I was made aware before this episode was due to go on air that actor Don Swayze was going to make a guest appearance on the show, and I was determined not to miss the opportunity.

Don Swayze's character (Dave Bohr) portrayal of a dangerous deranged individual who did a multitude of bad things, eventually became the key prime suspect in this seemingly gruesome case, but was not the kind of character I expected to find in a murder investigation of this episode. This was a man who appeared to be in a tortured state of mind that went beyond "crazy" and Don Swayze did a fantastic job depicting the tortured mind of a man who had suffered greatly for possibly a lengthy period of time.

When Dave Bohr first appeared on the scene, his face was partially hidden from camera view and was covered with a an awful green-like substance but you could hear the howling cry of agony and pain and Don Swayze did a fantastic job with his hand movement which showed a very fearful defensive gesture of a man who was reaching out beyond and begging for the pain and torture to stop pounding in his head. It was terrifying to see someone in so much pain.

I sat at the edge of my seat and watch this amazing scene unfold, Dave Bohr appeared to be a character who won a little bit of sympathy from me because in those flash back scenes, we catch glimpses of a man who was afraid of something and seemed to be taunted by a man in the scene which pushed him over the edge to kill without intending to!! That scene appeared to be accidental to me and I believe Donny Swayze wanted us to see the tragic side of his character's personality as he raced away from a flash back scene with fear and confusion on his face as he cast the murder weapon aside at the scene instead of tossing it away to hide his crime.

Don Swayze was brilliant in that role and deserves credit for that incredible chilling, dark performance of a Deranged Killer who had a tortured mind.

One of the best shows on TV

Author: JackSparrowBauer from United States
23 August 2007

CSI is such a great show! I've been watching it for a couple years now, but I've seen a lot of episodes either on DVD, or on Spike TV. After 7 years, they're still keeping the show fresh. It's a little different from 24, the other crime show I watch. In 24, everyone dies. In CSI, almost no one dies. Except for maybe Sara. I hope she isn't dead, but I think she is. They've had the same characters ever since the beginning except for Hodges and Sofia. I hear there's a new character this season, though. They have great characters, too.

Grissom is a great character. He creeps me out lots of the time. He's always filled with good quotes. He's never been nominated for an Emmy, though. I think he should, since Keifer Sutherland is nominated for 24 every year. William Petersen does better than he does.

Catherine is also a great character. She reminds a lot of one girl I know, though. She looks like her and acts like her sometimes, too. Her thing with Keppler was a little weird, though. I hated Keppler.

Warrick is awesome. I like him a lot. I want him and Catherine to get together. He's a really cool guy.

Nick is okay. Sometimes he's pretty cool, but other times he's weird. I think he's confused about his sexual orientation (not meant to offend anyone). I like him for the most part though. In the episode where he got buried alive, I almost cried. They had those stupid commercial breaks which drove me insane. That episode was the best I've ever seen.

I also really like Sara. As I said earlier, I am so scared that she's dead. I think that the whole Grissom/Sara relationship is annoying, but I think she's a great character and I like her.

Greg is my favorite. He's so funny. nuf said.

Brass is okay. There isn't much to say about him, but I got it right when he was going to get shot. Before the episode they said that one of the CSI people was "going down" and I got it right! Hodges is a creepy little dork. He really creeps me out. My dad and my brother love him, but he's a dork.

Sofia is too masculine to be Grissom's love interest like she once was. Her character doesn't really have a big enough role.

And Doc Robbins is... well there isn't anything to say about him.

CSI is also really funny. Everyone has their funny moments. I also like it how all 3 CSI shows have The Who in the opening sequence. My dad loves The Who, so I know a lot of their music.

CSI is an all-around great show. Well-written, clever, funny, and intense. Way better than CSI: Miami and CSI: NY.

Simply the Best

Author: walsh-22 from United Kingdom
16 April 2007

I have watched this show ever since it came on to British Television and I have been hooked consistently on it. When it first came on, we hadn't seen anything like it and we were also ready for it. I had got tired of watching cop programmes and wanted a different television experience which I got with this series.

What interests me is the audience see another side to crimes, not just the police investigating, following leads but forensic scientists who help the police and the courts convict people with evidence they have gathered at the scene. I was totally blown away by all the methods the scientists have at their disposal, databases they search to find relevant information for particular cases, equipment that helps them find evidence and also their training where they can look at the evidence and know what happened step-by-step.

What I also like about the series is that everything is explained in simple terminology that I can understand but if I have a hard time understanding it at times, the visual aids explain it even better as we can see what the scientists/doctors can see.

It started in 2000 and has been running for 7 years and still it is as fresh and original as it was in the beginning. I have never tired of the show and that is thanks to the writers, actors and the other members of the crew.

The group of scientists remind me of stereotypes in schools. Gil Grissom played by William Petersen (one of my favourite actors of all time) is a nerd who is so focused on the forensics and nothing else in his home life and gets a kick out of carrying out experiments to show if his opinions are supported by these experiments. Catherine Willows (Marg Helgenberger) is the popular cool girl who has a feisty edge to her. Warrick Brown (Gary Dourdan)is the cool boy who has gone off the tracks and looks like he could do so again. Nick Stokes (George Eads)is the jock who seems to be liked by everyone and Sara Sidle (Jorja Fox) is the girl who likes to be her own person and isn't afraid to stand up for herself.

I like the fact that you don't know everything about the characters from the word go but learn about what has happened to them in the past and not in one go but spaced out so just when you think you know a character, the rug is pulled out from under you. Facts like Grissom's mum was deaf and that he can do sign language, Catherine being an exotic dancer before she became a criminalist, Nick being molested by a baby sitter and Sara's mother killing her husband after years of abuse. That is what I like about the writing, we are still learning about the characters after 7 years on the television.

The show keeps you gripped from the start to the finish and it is never predictable.

brilliantly written Forensic crime drama(possibly the best show on TV right now)

Author: disdressed12 from Canada
7 February 2007

CSI:Las Vegas has consistently,since season 1 episode 1,remained of high quality.each season has been as good as or(usually)better than the previous.with the introduction of CSI:Miami and then CSI:New York,it was thought by many that the original would lose quality as stories has to be found for all 3 shows.However,that has not happened as of yet.the original CSI could theoretically go on for years to come,since they are certainly enough stories to tell,as long as the quality writing keeps up.the same cannot be said of "Miami" and Especially "New York" as both shows seem less compelling than their parent.One almost negative thing i will say about Vegas is that it i think they may be treading dangerous ground,with how the last episode of season 6 ended.whether they follow the same path in season 7,i'm not sure.however,if they are not careful,the show could deteriorate story wise and possibly in the ratings.up to this point,however(season six) however,CSI:Las Vegas is one of the best shows(if not the best)on television. 10/10

Detective Drama has never been this good!

Author: kitty_kat15 from United Kingdom
8 February 2006

This has to be the best TV program I have seen in years. The relationship between Grissom and his team will have you hooked as well as the spectacular effects and excellent story lines. It seems real rather than so unbelievable you couldn't imagine it happening anywhere. Also a big thumbs up is that it is filmed in Las Vegas rather than the common and expected New York or Los Angeles. Anything they might say that is hard to understand is explained in a subtle and easy way so the viewer is not left behind in a daze wondering how they caught the killer. Its a modern adaption on the detective programs of old like A Touch Of Frost etc and anyone into detective stories should love this new spin on a classic. All in all a great drama 10/10

I've started writing my own CSI series

Author: squall7802003 from United States
12 November 2005

I got the first season DVD of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation three years ago and always look forward to the next episodes. I have followed this show from Holly Gribb's shooting and death in season 1 to Nick's burial in season 5 (I had a power viewing of 5 episodes to complete my viewing of season 2). I also have every book with the exception of the new one CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: Killing Fields and a book The Forensic Science Behind CSI. I've used most of the resources I have to write my own CSI series of fan fictions with Final Fantasy VIII characters named CSI: Balamb. This has got to be the best show besides The X-Files.