IMDb > "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board
Page 11 of 24: [Prev][6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [Next]

What more can you ask for?

Author: SSPerfectChaos from United States
21 February 2006

Sure it's gory, sure sometimes you wonder how they spot somethings that should actually be invisible, sure you wonder why Grissom seems to enjoy time with his bugs over people, but aside from all that, what doesn't this TV show have? I love CSI (the original, not its spin-offs) not for the facts listed above (although that last one I find hilarious), but because I'm trying to solve the crime along with them. Sometimes they surprise me, sometimes not.

I'm actually not much of a crime drama person admittedly, but I can make the exception to CSI. They need more shows where people actually change however statically and however little over the course of the series (shows like The OC and One Tree Hill and soaps don't count).

I was hooked from the first episode.

Author: wallisdj from United States
10 August 2005

Well written, I have followed this series from the first episode and have definitely added it to my library.

What works for this series are the characters. The plots are interesting, but it is the actors who really bring this series across. They are personable; I like checking in with the characters because you want to care. The writers also seem to care: they fleshed out these characters into three-dimensions. Each character has strengths and weaknesses that really make them human, something that the spin-offs have sadly neglected to the point of "Who Cares?" The science behind CSI comes in a close second as I actually learn something as well. I have often felt that the sharing of forensic techniques might complicate future police work (perhaps 15 percent), but deep down, if more people learn about the value of evidence, it may prevent crime (another 15 percent) but also teach people how to preserve evidence from contamination.

Huge CSI Fan

Author: hd-duchess from United States
5 August 2005

I've found this to be the most intriguing program on the tele. I watch very little TV, but make sure each evening I am home, I watch both episodes on the Spike Channel, Thursday's episode, and Friday's 9pm episode. I have even gotten my fiancée hooked on it, so that during commercials and after the shows, we get into great discussions over what curtailed. There is ONE huge problem, though, that bothers us about watching the show. There are FAR TOO many commercials. Seems only about ten minutes of programing and then five or more minutes of commercial. There could be so much more intrigue in the shows if the commercials were much more limited. Especially when they are repeat commercials almost each segment. Lastly, I wish to extend my best wishes to Jorja and Dourdan, for being the most awesome actors. Their personalities, acting, and just overall performances really bring the show together. Don't let this show get dumped like all the great ones before it. Thanx again.....

best show ever!

Author: lauren-s from illinois, u.s.
14 November 2004

this show is so cool! It's practically the only thing I watch. This unique crime drama puts you in the place of the investigator, trying to solve the mystery while seeing the crime at the perspective of the investigator. Plus, almost all the guys in the show are total hotties! butt, yeah that's besides the point. This hour long show is so awesome! It takes you through the mystery of all the suspense. While you're watching you're also solving the mystery of who did it and in order to figure that out you must first find out the motive, means and opportunity.i hope that you'll watch this show. it's on every weekday on spike TV at 6 and 7, Thursdays on channel 2 at 8 and Fridays on spike till 10. have fun solving the mysteries that CSI brings

Fantastic Show!!!!

Author: jonnyboy2005 from United Kingdom
13 April 2004

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation has to be one of the best crime shows on television at the moment. Each episode provides a brilliant storyline which always manages to keep you gripped to your seat.In each episode there is a different storyline and each one always aims to keep you on the edge of you seat. The acting on the show is brilliant and the characters in the show are the ones that have made it as big as it is now. CSI has been on for four years and is currently in it's fourth series and the rating for the show have always been on a high. I hope that CSI remains on our screen for a few years to come as it is such a popular series and is great television to watch.

best show on tv

Author: traumakid631 from falkirk
5 April 2004

Anyone who watches this and doesn't enjoy it must be missing too many brain cells, this IS the best show on tv.

All types of crime are investigated and it keeps you guessing, it draws you in with the story lines and cast of characters and the way they solve the crimes with the clues they have is just gripping. I never buy videos or dvd's of TV shows but this time i had to make an exception and bought the first 2 series.

You won't know what your missing until you watch it and once you do you will be hooked.

Also watch out for CSI Miami, not as good but still fantastic.

Excellent, One of the best crime drama's

Author: goubs from Guernsey, Channel Islands
5 April 2004

This is one of the best crime dramas around at the moment. It has spawned one successful spin off (CSI Miami)and has CSI New York on the way. Quirky Gil Grissom (the bug guy) heads the team of Catherine Willows, Nick Stokes, Warrick Brown, Sara Sidle and Greg (the DNA guy.) Each has there own characteristics and problems, and is worth watching from the start. The first series is quite character based (Warrick's gambling), but full of energy and intrigue. With great view of the victims injurys, like going in through a bullet wound and out the other side. It is just quality.

Can't get enough

Author: Shari (AfricanVenus84@aol.com) from United States
27 February 2004

This show is simply brilliant. I always wonder why these folks don't get nominated for the SAG Awards and they said it's because they don't have enough drama. Puh-lease! Those self-righteous twits. They wouldn't make half the money they did if it wasn't for people like us watching them and paying them to do basically nothing except play pretend on an adult level. Anyways, this cast is amazing. There's a reason why they have CSI-Miami now. They plots are amazing and it's always something unexpected. I love suspense and the element of watching a puzzle unfold. Also, there are just some weird folks out there, lol. However, it's really a neat show that must have some genius-type writers. I love Gil. He's very confident and just so smart it's sexy. Of course, Gary Dourdan gives you something to watch for the hr, but he's also a gifted actor. Marg and Jorja are great too and so is the rest of the cast. Jorja's character seems to lack personality, but then again, maybe that's the point. Anywho, great show. Highly recommended.

Great Show!

Author: alanmryan100
24 January 2004

I just love this show. It's unpredictable, has great acting and has great characters. Although sometimes the images of rotting flesh, human insides etc. is a bit gory, it's all pretty interesting.

A lot of research goes into each show, and it pays off. Also I like the fact that the character's personal lives, and personal dramas take a backseat, which makes it better than other shows, like ER.

Season Three wasn't as good as the first two, but still better than most other TV shows on at the moment.

Simply Amazing

Author: k-fo from Canada
4 December 2003

It always starts with some weird ass crime, then an awesome theme song. After commericals we usually dwelve straight into the crime that was at the top of the show, and another one, so that all the CSI workers are watched. They get closer and closer to the actually person who committed the crime (but they don't always solve it), and we get to look into the psyche of the killer, or the details of how the accident actually happened. This is an awesome show! Whoever says otherwise is obviously NOT into this kind of stuff. But for those of us who are junkies, I find it hard to wait for Thursday night to roll around.