IMDb > The Other Me (2000) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Other Me (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Good Movie

Author: citydance247 (citydance247@email.com) from Boston, Ma
26 December 2001

The Other Me was good made for T.V. movie and much better than the Parent Trap (which might be due to the fact that Andrew Lawrence is a better actor than Linsey Lohan). The characters were good except maybe for the bad guys, they were kind of cheesy. Otherwise, it was cute, romantic, dramatic and of course funny!(especially the cafeteria dance scene). One of Disney Channels best, 7/10.

surprisingly good movie

Author: movie addict from phoenix, AZ
28 April 2001

I really enjoyed this movie! Sometimes it helps when you have zero expectations, but this movie really turned out to be a surprise and I would have liked it anyway. The story was a bit far fetched, but no more than you average fantasy. However, it had some really great stuff going for it. Andrew lawrence did an impressive job. He was totally believable in both roles, and was in general a pleasure to watch. The writing was tight and the direction good. I like most kid movies that have a good story, message and a sense of humor. This one had all that and more. This is a kid movie that I think anyone can enjoy. It's creative, entertaining, insightful and has a number of good messages. Parents will enjoy it right along with their kids, but you don't need to be either to watch this one; it's just plain fun for all ages. It had a weak point or two - the villains were perhaps a little too silly, but in general was as good as could be expected for the type of movie it is. Highly recommended. Four stars out of five.

Fun and witty movie

Author: David Klug
4 May 2001

This movie is very funny and extremly witty. It is about a 13-year-old named Will who has failing grades. To get a good grade in science, he purchases a ocean pet kit from Ocean Pets Inc. At the ocean pet labs, two of the workers discover how to "hyper-clone", and to test it, they clone a mouse. One of the workers leaves the cage door slightly open when they leave. The clone mouse notices, and pushs it open. A cat nearby pops out of it's cage and scares the mouse. The mouse tips over the beaker with the clone formula in it and it drips into the kit that Will gets. When he gets it, he pours the ocean pet liquid in and then can't find the stir stick. So he takes his comb and stirs with that(it has some hair on it). Since the clone liquid is in that, it creates a clone of himself. The clone is smarter than Will, and goes to school instead of Will. Meanwhile, the workers try to track down Will to get the clone....

MY FAVORITE MOVIE IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Author: Maria100 from San Diego, CA
31 March 2003

This is my absolute fave movie that I have ever seen!!!!!! Andy Lawrence is a great actor as Will, but he is hilarious as Twoie, the clone! I was laughing at every single scene. I have seen the movie at least 20 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The guy who plays Chuckie, Brenden Jefferson, is pretty funny, and I liked how Scottie DeSota became friends with Twoie when they bonded about not having dads! Allana is really a brat, but in the end, she comes through!!!

I adore this movie, and anyone who likes to laugh hysterically should watch it. Also, notice that everyone who commented on this movie said it was great, and no one ragged on it.

Excellent teaching vehicle for 11-13 yr old.

Author: voyager1-3 from Bradenton, FL
26 October 2000

Rarely is a wholesome subject like this handled without being trite or boring. The literary device of the clone is up-to-date and shows that Will is capable of becoming more like Twoie. Of course, Twoie could have had the same effect on Will if he had actually been a cousin visiting from Belgium, but imagine how dull a movie that would be! Although the age group in the story is Jr High, Andy Lawrence is 12 and I think that age group would benefit more from seeing the movie.

A fresh of breath air to a well used story format

Author: (kevin_gilson@hotmail.com) from U.K
10 May 2001

I relaxed in front of the TV tonight, and started to watch "The Other Me", The idea of having an identical duplicate of the main character, that they only know about has been around since Disney first made "The Parent Trap". Since then the formulae has been used so many times I have lost count, and few have been any good. For once though it works, this film is fun, amusing, well acted, and well worth watching.

The crooks as always in Disney films are inept, but I would imagine are used that way as to not frighten the younger audience. The lead role, played by Andrew Lawrence shows he has real talent from the way he portrays the two different characters. There is no doubt that he makes the film work, and the supporting cast, do an amicable job. Well worth seeing if you get the chance especially as a family.

great movie

Author: nokia-1 from memphis
17 February 2004

i thought it was a great movie i liked the cafeteria part the movie it`s self is funny i`ve seen it atleast 100 times if not more the the bad guys were pretty cheesy but will browning was funny i wouldn`t want to go to that camp spartigus either i believe him i think it`s a prison camp his sister should go there for thinking that shes so smart twoie the clone is smarter than her. i liked the music video part where he tell will i got that from a music video.

Great movies!

Author: bootrungar from JAEl
9 July 2003

Double Lawrence is a great movie! Little Lawrence is quite a star! The parents were great actors and so were the criminals. They should all be on 7th Heaven!

Great movie!

Author: wink_364 from Ontario, Canada
2 July 2002

I think that "The Other Me" was an amazingly humorous movie and I recommend that when you get a chance to watch it you do. Andy Lawrence did a great job along with everyone else involved in the movie. If you cannot see the movie then I recommend reading the book and if you have seen the movie then you should read the book also if you've read the book then you should see the movie. I think that the movie was a great reflection of the book.

An excellent kids movie!

Author: Robert Hull (slobhull) from Leeds, England
5 May 2001

I wasn't expecting much when I started watching this straight to TV kids film but was surprised about how good it was. The story of duplication has been done so many times but often turns out to be lackluster, not in this case as the film was funny and very entertaining. Andrew Lawrence did a great job and conveys both sides of himself well (he seems more and more like his brothers every time I see him). The supporting cast were also good including Mark L. Taylor (Honey I Shrunk The Kids, Innerspace & Arachnaphobia). Even the token bumbling bad guys were entertaining (a rare thing in these type of films). Although they did seem a bit too similar to Harry & Marv from Home Alone nearing the end. I definitely recommend this film to anybody really, it's better than you'd think!