IMDb > Joe Dirt (2001) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt More at IMDbPro »

Page 8 of 21: [Prev][3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [Next]

Funny Hair, Great Music....

Author: jmstein from Orchard Park
15 March 2004

David Spade proves in this one that he is funny, but not a "leading man". Kind of like Dana Carvey when he did Opportunity Knocks and/or Clean Slate.

Great music throughout the film and loved his nod to the great Eddie Money.

Murphy is certainly an attractive women and I am surprised we have not seen more of her.

The mullet is kind of a one joke pony that is ridden too hard, but still funny.

An ok comedy, but don't expect to have to change your underwear after this one.

I loved this movie!!!!

Author: mikemck1990 (mikemck1990@aol.com) from Pembroke, mass
3 May 2003

This movie is very very funny David Spade played a very awesome part in this movie the story is very funny and All the lines were pretty good

Ya' Gotta Keep on Keepin' on... Life is a garden, Dig it!

Author: Jpeger from Central Illinois
8 February 2003

Surprisingly one of my favorite movies of all time. Joe Dirt is the story of a white-trash loser that never loses his positive outlook.

This movie has everything... Comedy, Drama, Mystery, Romance, Action, and GREAT music. David Spade and Fred Wolf did a brilliant job putting this film together.

Abandoned in youth by his parents at the Grand Canyon, We flashback in time with Joe in his search for his parents while he tells the story to Los Angeles morning DJ, Zander Kelly (wonderfully played by Dennis Miller).

A hell of a lot better than it looks

Author: kellyirene2001
18 January 2003

Okay, now when I was at a friend's house, she rented this movie and said that I should see it. I thought, "Oh, great." Because I had seen the trailers and previews, and it looked really stupid. But I was genuinely shocked at how good it was. Here's a tip: If you want to see it, don't expect much. If you don't expect much, then you will be surprised. I was.

excellent!, light hearted fun, stupid and funny.

Author: mad max (v8cortina64@yahoo.ca) from canada
13 December 2002

i loved this movie. my daughter and i watched it more than once. its unpredictable and funny. obviously not for the serious viewer. if you like the saturday night crew, wacky antics with a story line then this movie should interest you. i give it a 9 out of 10.

Pay Dirt...

Author: rblayer from San Antonio, Texas
7 November 2002

First, I'm a David Spade fan...and I cannot think of too many other actors that could pull off a film such as this. A funny put at times boring and totally pointless quest by an abandoned 'white-trash' man-child for his Jerry Springer Showish parents. Dennis Miller is perfect as the shock jock, and I don't think I've ever seen anyone cuter than Brittany Daniel as Brandy.

It's a funny movie

Author: Steve (wilsc005@students.unisa.edu.au) from Adelaide, Australia
27 June 2002

You could tell Adam Sandler was involved in this movie... Joe Dirt deserves the same cult following that Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore have. Basically this movie achieved everything it set out to achieve...not much other than a bunch of laughs. It was fast paced, eccentric and quirky, chauvanistic, stupid, and brilliant. David Spade played Joe Dirt, a very Adam Sandler character, to perfection. It's not a brilliant movie- but most good comedies aren't, yet they achieve their purpose, and if you want a satirical comedy, give Joe Dirt a go.

Refreshing...

Author: bryceh
30 May 2002

99.9% of the comedies these days are aweful. Some are just not

funny. Some quickly resort to sexual humor, which appeals to

some but not many.

It is refreshing to see a comedy that actually makes be laugh more

than a few times. While it's a far cry from some comedies I've

seen, it was well worth the watch.

If you're not expecting a "laugh out loud funny" movie (and if you

still are these days, you have problems), you should be satisfied

with Joe Dirt.

The story is amusing, the characters are developed enough for a

comedy, the jokes range from dull to hallarious, there is even an

amusing little spoof of Silence of the Lambs. Overall a good watch.

3.5 / 5

very strange but good

Author: Megan Jurd (meeeegan2002) from derbyshire u.k
27 March 2002

i thought the film lacked depth plus i thought it was going to be a rubbish film.it was incredibly funny and heart warming. i was also shocked and delighted to see kid rock in the film.i thoroughly enjoyed his performance it was amazing.and i just thought he was a rock star.

Stupid can be funny sometimes

Author: ZR RIFLE
3 February 2002

This is one of them stupid movies that actually works, and makes you laugh. Actually funnier than Jim Carrey's movies in my opinion, without getting half as obscene (or using shock humor) to try to get a laugh. The story, though nonsense, works mainly because of the direction, the actors (and there are several big names, surprisingly), and the writing. Not a chick flick, but good ol' guy humor....