IMDb > Michael Jordan to the Max (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Michael Jordan to the Max More at IMDbPro »

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]

Good (IMAX) movie for all basketball or NBA fans.

Author: Nikola Djordjic from Slovenia
20 September 2005

It's a good quality movie, about Michael's last games in the Playoffs '98, when he won his sixth and last NBA Championship title. The best about movie, are high quality shots from Michael in game with a good music background. All in all not bad movie, but I would recommend also ''Michael Jordan: His Airness'' and ''Ultimate Jordan'' (Both movies are perfect 10 and a must see for basketball fans). Michael Jordan: His Airness is a half documentary, half biography about Michael Jordan, its a movie about Jordan's life story, that shows much more attractive moves from Jordan in game, with a great music background, much better than in ''Michael Jordan to the Max''. It's an awesome movie, and I, as a big basketball fan, especially NBA fan, enjoyed it much more than movie ''M.J. to the Max''. And about movie ''Ultimate Jordan'', it is as good as ''M.J.:His Airness'', maybe little shorter, but it has all that super stuff from Michael Jordan, all the moves that made him famous, shown in NBA Action style (10 best dunks, 10 best shots in Jordan style, 10 best shots in last game's seconds for victory, 10 best passes + commentary from other famous NBA players, all with great dynamic music background which is similar to the one in NBA Action shows).

So, to sum it up. This movie is not bad, especially because of it's quality (IMAX). The other two movies that I mentioned, doesn't have IMAX quality, but are much better and more enjoyable, and they have everything that movie about one of the greatest basketball athletes and a basketball legend, should have. I own all three movies and together they make a great collection for basketball or NBA fans. If you were Jordan's fan or just love basketball, go get them. You won't regret it. ;-)

Nice to look back again

Author: JoJo Jackson from New york, NY
11 June 2004

I recently saw this movie for the first time, (I wasn't trying to see this on IMAX) and let me say first that I'm a huge Michael Jordan fan... Having said that I must say that this movie rocked!!!! For better or for worse, the true magnitude of Jordan's greatness seems to have diminished some over past few years. What with the likes of Kobe, Shaq, Lebron, Tim Duncan, and a number of other young guys currently lighting up the league every night. But with all the high-flying antics, big egos, crazy bling, and poor work ethic of today's player, it was refreshing to see the true man among boys again...You almost laugh at what's going on today after watching a true NBA finals series unfold. The previous review of this maybe would apply for 2001, but it does the movie no justice in 2004!! Now we should really appreciate just how great Mike was, and this movie takes you through what ended up being his final NBA FINALS Appearance!!! (98") Classic Stuff!! I must disagree with the last review and HIGHLY RECOMMEND this flick!!

IMAXimum Jordan

Author: Zack Bennett (zpb52@yahoo.com) from Nashville, TN
11 June 2000

This is a great movie. The new IMAX theatre opened here in Nashville with two movies, one a 3-D about a dinosaur and the other was Jordan to the Max. The Jordan movie is hands down the better of the two. It showcases Michael's life in great fashion and further proves the fact that he is a hero and the greatest to ever play the stupid game of basketball.

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]