IMDb > "The Diamond Hunters" (2001) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Diamond Hunters" More at IMDbPro »

Decent tale of a diamond mining family would be better had the DVD not removed 70 minutes

Author: dbborroughs from Glen Cove, New York
6 November 2004

The current release of this film on DVD in America is missing 70 minutes from the full running time as a miniseries. This doesn't hurt the film all that much, but somehow I think it would have been better longer.

The plot concerns the return of an adopted son back to his mining family and the trouble his being given the reigns of the company causes.

I liked this movie. Its was a good way to spend a couple of hours on a rainy day. The problem was that a couple of times there seemed to be something missing. The feeling didn't last long as I was too busy watching what was happening to think about it too much.

No, its not a great film, it a good one, a sort of guilty pleasure. There are flaws, the biggest being the worst performance I've ever seen Roy Scheider give, something I think was do primarily to his stupid attempt at an accent.

Worth a rental.

7 out of 10 in a guilty pleasure sort of way.

A good movie!

Author: Krister Klementsen (ma-klem@online.no) from Norway
29 July 2002

Saw this on a movie channel, as a movie. It made me think about shows like Dallas and Falcon Crest. Good locations, nice story and good actors. Well worth a look. I give it 6 out of 10.