IMDb > Baby Bedlam (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Baby Bedlam More at IMDbPro »

The same old slop.

Author: xfile1971 from Northbrook, IL, USA
20 August 2003

Blech. Just how much of this stuff can the studios put out? Promark Entertainment struck out yet again with this flop.

This is a kids' movie so the following rules apply:

1. All of the kids are quite smart. 2. All of the parents and police are totally clueless. 3. Poop figures prominently in a running gag.

Seen it all before? So have I. The only positive thing I can say about this film is that the child acting is at least tolerable.

The silly plot involves an "almost 14" year old babysitting for a famous basketball player. The player and his wife have to go to an MVP Award ceremony. They decide to leave their precious baby in the care of a girl whom they have never met, and who has never even babysat before. Hmm...okay.

Through a series of lame and improbable events, the baby gets kidnapped and held for a $10 million ransom. It's up to the kids (of course) to get the baby safely home before the basketball guy gets back and finds out what has happened. Feel free to seek out better family fare than this. 2/10

Worth watching...

Author: Sean Richard McCarthy (srmccarthy1000@gmail.com) from United States
7 April 2002

Although this movie appears to appeal only to the kiddies, it is quite entertaining for all ages!

I must admit, most of this is typical, but there is one particular moment that made me crack up laughing (and that is saying a lot, as I do not laugh at many comedies). Please pay close attention to the part where they give a practice run.... I direct my recommendation for this movie to those who have families and those who enjoy family movies.

(I believe this movie is free of any OBVIOUS objectional material).

The Kiddies Should Like It

Author: anitatanky
11 February 2002

This movie is pretty cute, especially for children. Of course it is far fetched, unrealistic and the pranks in the movie are just down right dangerous. Some parents may want to caution against some aspects of the movie because if children tried to employ the pranks, shown in this film, in real life, the results would more than likely be catastrophic. But of course this is a family movie, so ultimately nothing bad happens. Also, because movies are fiction, many of them tend to have some element of un-realism and exaggeration. Also, the movie contains underlying themes of friendship and perseverance, which are quite positive attributes.

Again, this is a film more appealing to children. However, fellow Generation Xer's, like myself, are likely to get a kick out of seeing Joe Piscopo from previous SNL shows, and Julie Hagerty of Airplane!

The Kiddies Should like it

Author: anitatanky
10 February 2002

A cute movie about the hijinx of some kids. It is a far fetched story, and not very realistic in a specific kind of way, but yet I found it somewhat entertaining.

Young kids will more than likely enjoy the movie. However, there is the possibility that children will think these sort of practical jokes are funny and harmless when just the opposit is true. This is a family film in which ultimately nothing bad happens. But if one were to try pranks and stunts, as shown in this movie, in real life, there would be the high probability that something catastrophic would happen. Of course I say this because being an adult, my reasoning and rational thought processes are more dominant than what they were as a child. But to a child whose world is full rich imagination and the thought of endless possibilities, I'd say this is a pretty good film. It does focus on friendship and perseverance.

For you fellow Generation Xer's (and others), you'll enjoy seeing Joe Piscapo of the old Saturday Night Live shows, and Julie Hagerty of Airplane!