IMDb > This I Wish and Nothing More (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

This I Wish and Nothing More More at IMDbPro »Nincsen nekem vágyam semmi (original title)

Overcooked Hungarian Goulash

Author: Havan_IronOak from NYC/FL
8 June 2002

This bleak film has some striking images but the plot seems somewhat threadbare and what story there is has been told better before. Bruno is a bisexual? man who is living in the Hungarian countryside with Mari as the pair dream of perfecting a circus act involving a balance beam and an ultra light airplane. Mari's brother is an out homosexual who pairs with Bruno on their frequent trips into the city. While in the city this pair turn tricks and do petty burglary.

Overall I didn't enjoy this film that much. Between my unfamiliarity with modern Hungarian life and the intermittent fantasy sequences in this film, I was unable to empathize much with these characters. I was hard pressed at some points to just follow the plot.

Low ..... in all ways

Author: philip-ct from Cape Town, South Africa
23 March 2003

Low budget, low-level script, low-level talent and no regard for convincing characterisation, plot or dramatic unity reduce what could and should have been a good film to the dregs. Forget this, order in Hungarian food, relax with pics of Budapest and Comfort of Strangers.

Apallingly, that is better than this made-for film-fest (?) turgid, self conscious rubbish