IMDb > Anna (2000/I) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Anna More at IMDbPro »

what we call in Sweden a "turkey" film i.e. real bad!

Author: mireille-gj from Jönköping Sweden
22 November 2003

The worst film I´ve seen in a long time 8 even if scriptwriter and main actress are usually of high calibre. The story was simply not credible .. in fact it was quite ridiculous - I was laughing at the end. How can one spend so much money and so much time making such a dismal product - a product, hardly a work of art.

We're so depressed up north

Author: j ahlstedt from Täby, Sweden
29 June 2002

***SLIGHT SPOILERS*** This is the story of Anna, a Swedish woman married to the Danish ambassador i Marocco. She has a daughter, but isn't so happy with her current situation and her marriage. She goes back home, and on the plane, she meets some kind of criminal who is supposed to be braught back to jail in Denmark by some a policeman. She helps the criminal to run away in Rome and is later kidnapped by him and guess what happens: they fall in love and she seems plans to leave her family and her daughter (who she didn't want to leave with the father in the beginning) and then, after a few dramatic events i the end, she finds out that it wasn't such a good idea. I watched this movie in order to stay awake, but it is also a perfect hangover-movie. A bored out upper class woman doing stupid things isn't much af a story, especially not when you can't feel the least sorry for her or care about what will happen. Anna is also the stereotype of a Scandinavian; depressed, with a bad marriage, tired of her life at home and addicted to warmer countries.

The inspiration for Heaven?

Author: thecatsmotheruk from Somewhere on a rainy island
7 December 2002

I saw this film after the decidedly mediocre 'heaven' (don't bother with it) and the plot of that was obviously lifted/inspired by this horror. Respectable person falls for dangerous law breaker and lo and behold the latter turns out to be someone with a heart of gold... but they are forced to flee the uncaring world. And they're both set in Italy for Christ's sake!

I really had high hopes for this film. It looked interesting, a woman trapped by her life, unable to think things out. Why did they have to introduce the criminal, and double why did they have to have her fall for him?

Avoid this if you possibly can.