IMDb > Dude, Where's My Car? (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 47:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Stupid, yet entertaining...

Author: dr_hollygoodhead from Miami, FL
15 December 2000

I love stupid movies... I live for them, in fact, and this was definitely stupid. Spend the $5, go see it for yourself! If you weren't interested in it, you probably wouldn't be looking at reviews in the first place unless you're a concerned parent (let your kids see it, it's not too bad), or if you hated it and wanted to see if anyone actually enjoyed it. I did, and I recommend it to anyone who just wants to laugh at the antics of two total stoners. Personally, I think a different ending could have made this movie a lot more enjoyable, but I don't want to give it away, so see it for yourself. This one won't win any awards (with a name like "Dude, Where's My Car?" one wouldn't expect it to be a contender, anyway), but for all of us who have had a "night to remember" that we forgot, it's damn funny.

Lighten up, people!

Author: pimpmaster7 from new jersey
24 June 2001

"Dude" is by no means an intelligent movie, nor does it want to be one. However, it is treated as one by the public. If you don't like stupid movies, why did you go see it anyway!? I mean, personally, I love stupid movies. American Pie, Idle Hands, Evolution- all genius. But if you see any of them thinking you are going to get an intelligent comedy the problem lies within you and your lack of a sense of humor.

Or maybe you're just too old.

What the hell is WRONG with all you people?!?

Author: craigman from United States
16 November 2005

This movie is funny, period. Everyone I know (and like) that saw it thought it was hilarious, including me. I don't understand what people were expecting when they saw this! It was a thousand times funnier than any recent Ben Stiller "comedy". There are at least a dozen scenes that made me laugh out loud. The couple of people that actually wrote a good review for this said that it was so stupid that it was funny. Well, I don't think it was any stupider than most of the unfunny "comedies" that have come out lately...And a lot of people compared the to "Bill and Ted". Why? It was nothing like "Bill and Ted", except for maybe there were 2 male leads, like countless other buddy comedies. You people are just... WRONG!

Author: clueless_3216 from Vancouver, Canada
7 July 2001

Dude Where's My Car is one of those movies that is so stupid, that it is hilarious. I could not stop laughing throughout this movie. My favourite scene is the Chinese food place one. I've never laughed so hard at a movie. I totally recommend this movie to people who like stupid comedy.

And theeeen.....

Shibby-est Movie Ever!!!

Author: Angel Rodriguez from Thailand
17 October 2006

Of all the stupid (yet funny) movies out there, "Dude, Where's My Car?" is definitely one of the funniest.

Nowadays, so many stupid/funny stoner movies are out, but none can really compare to the hilariousness that Chester and Jesse bring out of each other. Reminiscent to Beavis and Butthead, they cruise around as two aimless stoners with no real purpose in life but to shibby, shibby, and shibby. (Shibby, which could stand for ANYthing, really.) Being the first to fully implement the words "Dude" and "Sweet", Jesse and Chester deserve two thumbs-up for this stoner movie. Teenagers of any generation would definitely enjoy it. I've seen it a hundred times and still love it to this day.

SO stupid,but SO funny!

Author: Max_cinefilo89 from Italy
10 August 2005

I have to admit it,the plot (2 guys not remembering what they did the night before and ending up in an intergalactic crisis)is every bit as ridiculous as it sounds,but the truth is, for some twisted reason , I like this movie. If people don't like this kind of stuff,why did they choose to watch it in the first place?

Whatever this movie lacks in intelligence is compensated by the talent of its two stars:Seann William Scott is as entertaining as in American Pie and Road Trip,and as for Ashton Kutcher...Well,That 70's Show aside,he's never really managed to be this funny again. Those two guys know they're not doing a masterpiece such as Some Like It Hot, but they manage to make us giggle with the material they've been given. They know this movie will never appear in any Top 10 or 50 (except maybe Stupidest Movies Ever), and they're fine with that. And so should the audience.

So,if you want to watch something that's funny but intelligent,watch a Woody Allen movie,or Wes Anderson's films,or The Simpsons,but if you want to watch something that just makes you laugh without having you focus on the story,I strongly recommend Dude,Where's My Car?.

Author: John Lease from United States
2 March 2006

Highly entertaining the first 100 times I saw it, now not so much. The 'and then' segment at the drive thru entered my homes dialect and has not left yet. Hot chicks are sprinkled thru the movie, as well as the very disturbing she-male stripper. This movie is often thought of as the epitome of bad, but really it's funny enough. Is it formulaic? Sure. Is Ashton Kutcher a total tool? Kinda looks so. Seann William Scott is the funnier of the two by far. Great cameo appearance of Brent Spiner (knows as DATA on Star Trek Next Generation). The bubble wrap jumpsuits are also highly entertaining and original. I thought there was going to be a sequel to this, but it evidently fell thru.

Please, people!

Author: Roze-2 from somewhere
19 January 2001

OK, I've read a lot of the reviews, and I'm somewhat disappointed by the negative ones. Of COURSE this isn't gonna be the best movie you ever saw! Of COURSE it's gonna be mindlessly stupid! What, you were actually expecting something like a cinematic masterpiece? My friends and I went to see this movie after taking some major tests, and we wanted to laugh and relax. By watching DWMC we succeeded! As soon as it comes out on video, it's going straight to my "stupidly funny movie" collection, along with Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure and American Pie. Look, if you're willing to lower your IQ to that of the average stoner and-G*d forbid-have a good time at the movies, go see Dude, Where's my Car? As long as you know what you're gonna get out of it, it's not a waste of money. And hey, if you do get totally bored, go buy a large popcorn with lots of butter and amuse yourself by seeing how many popped kernels you can get on people's heads without them noticing. (I warned you, you won't like the movie if you can't be stupidly immature-think blink-182's What's My Age Again?-for a couple of hours)

A fun, light hearted movie, with moments of comic genius...

Author: johnwwwatson-1 from Hollywood California USA!
20 May 2005

A fun, light hearted movie, with moments of comic genius... I like a classic, epic, drama as much as the next guy. But, this wasn't one of those. This was a flick to laugh at. If you are generally a happy person and can laugh or cry at commercials, then you will enjoy the antics and slapstick of this movie. If you are constantly judgmental, moody, or jealous when you see other people having a good time... then this might not make you smile. Did I say smile? That's the idea folks. A film that makes you smile is not going to always get an Oscar. This film is far from Dumb & Dumber, and not close to Neil Simon. Lighten up, loosen up, and cheer up with some popcorn and you will laugh.

Funnier than it had a right to be

Author: Matthew Halvorson ( from Brisbane, Australia
8 January 2003

What a stupid, mindless, cliche'd, juvenile film!

It worked though. Laughed out loud a lot and it didn't rely on bodily functions as much as many other cheap laugh films that have come out recently. The funniest bits were actually the sight gags or the stoner dialogue.

Solid seven for mindless enjoyment.

Page 1 of 47:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]