IMDb > Freddy Got Fingered (2001) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 62:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

A first for me in 30 years of movie watching

Author: Bob Topping from Ann Arbor, MI
1 May 2001

I saw "Dude, Where's My Car". I saw "It's Pat". I saw "Wagons East". I was entertained by all of these, at least minimally. I have seen many very bad movies. I've seen a few very VERY bad movies. But up until last night, I had never walked out on one.

I went to see Freddie Got Fingered with little expectation. The trailer looked mildly entertaining and I've seen a few skits with Tom Green that were funny and thought he was pretty funny in "Charlie's Angels". So I went in figuring that there would be some chuckles and maybe even a couple of knee slappers. If there were any after the first 30 minutes (past the swinging-baby-on-the-umbilical-cord) scene, I missed them.

I watched, and kept hoping it would get funny. Maybe it'll get funny after he guts the deer and wears the carcass. Nope? Maybe it'll get funny after he jerks off a horse. Nope? Maybe it'll get funny after he licks an open fracture on his best friend's leg. *sigh* Nope. Maybe it'll get funny after he swings the baby around on the umbilical cord. I'm not sure. That's where I walked out and went to see the last half of Joe Dirt. (Which I had seen in its entirety on the weekend before) I felt better about switching movies but felt badly that I couldn't have taken my money back from Tom Green and given it to David Spade, Dennis Miller, Kid Rock and Christopher Walken, who actually made a movie that was both funny and entertaining.

Tom Green, you sicken me

Author: saint405 from United States
23 October 2005

Freddy got Fingered is about a slacker cartoonist named Gord, Tom Green, who finally moves out of his parents basement to work at Hollywood in a cheese sandwich factory and try to sell off his cartoons for them to become a TV show. But when a big time Hollywood producer, Michael Anthony Hall, tells him he will never make it in life, Gord moves back home with his sleazy father played by Rip Torn. Gord's life is then turned into a big contests where he and his dad try to settle an age old battle between whether Gord should suck up and become a man or be a complete loser for the rest of his life.

Freddy Got Fingered, should have been named Animals Got Fingered. I'll admit that I'm not a big Tom Green fan but by the way the trailers for the film worked it looked life it would be an okay movie. I was wrong! Tom Green proves right here in this movie that he can not act or direct. This film losses effort on every film making level but it succeeds in being a master in every bad level of film making. This film is a complete waste of talent and time with animal masturbation and blow job jokes. Plus the title, what is with the title? Sure Gord says that his father fingered his younger brother Freddy but that subject is only in the film for eight minutes top! Now the main character Gord must be mentally retarded. In one of the most sickest scenes in the movie, Gord finds a dead deer in the middle of the road. He remembers the words of Mr. Davidson telling him he needs to get inside his cartoon animals so they can be more lively. But to Gord he thinks he should literally get inside the deer! He cuts the animals stomach open and rips out it's insides. Then we see cute little animals roaming the forests to the sweet melody of a female singer only to be interrupted with Gord running around, shrieking like a retard and wearing the deers bloody body as as a coat. I was about to blow chunks after I saw that scene. Maybe this movie might be funny to some of you people if you like Tom Green licking bloody wounds, playing with animals privates, or swinging a dead baby around a hospital by it's cord you may laugh till you die! But people like me will just be disgusted by this movie. I only chuckled a few times in this movie, like twice! Freddy Got Fingered gets the low 1, if I could though I would give it a zero. Tom Green, you sicken me.

No, he didn't and I guess that's the joke (if there is one)

Author: peter-ramshaw-1 from Australia
7 April 2007

Freddie is the main character's brother and, no, he didn't get fingered. No-one did as far as I can make out other than the movie-watching public.

I'm okay with rough sex gags most of the time but writer Green's attempts to shock people miss the mark so badly, it is quite sad really. Compare Green's deer (elk?) scene (where he guts and wears a road-kill animal with antlers) with Jim Carey's dead cow scene in (I think) Me, Myself and Irene and you might get an idea of how different the two approaches are.

There isn't a genuinely funny moment in FGF but there are more than enough cringe-worthy, awful ones. This might have made a great 15-minute short but, as a feature it doesn't even get to first base. Some will say it's 'off the wall' and that's why people don't get it. I recognise off the wall when I see it - unfortunately I also recognise moronic gibberish.

Sorry to the makers of this film who think they are far to clever for mortals - they just got fingered.

This is so bad, you wont know how bad

Author: Stefan Tetelepta from Holland
10 March 2002

Wow, this is so bad. Although I had a few laughs at The Tom Greene Show at MTV, this I can't sit trough. He cuts open a deer, licks at the bone of a broken leg and eats 10 sandwiches at one time while he watches how two horses having sex. And that's just the first 20 minutes. One out of ten for this crap!

It spits on your grave.

Author: ChoiceCuts from Åland, Finland
11 March 2004

***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Freddy got fingered is a very rancid blend of the worst type of "jokes" around. One of the earlier scenes involves Tom Green w*nking off a horse and it's all down from there. This seems to have been made for the sole purpose of shocking people, at times it doesn't even try to be funny, it's more like it wants to put off and spit at anyone who's been foolish enough to spend their hard earned cash on it. I bet Tom Green is laughing all they way to the bank.

To put it short: this is a hideous abomination of a movie, which should have been instantly butchered at birth. The only reason that I don't give it a zero is because it's still not really as bad as "Naken" or "Route 666", but that's not really saying much is it?

Worst movie I have seen in a long time

Author: lunar apogee from Australia
9 March 2007

If you find incest,child molestation,bestiality,sado-masochism and cannibalism funny then Freddy Got Fingered may be the movie for you.The first twenty minutes convinced me that Tom Green has a blood fetish, not a good sign for a comedy. Certain scenes were so appalling, for example the childbirth scene, that I felt extremely uncomfortable watching this movie. Some reviewers here regard Tom Green as a comic genius, but a comic genius has to produce laughs.What's funny about buckets of blood being thrown around? Monty Python could get away with blood and guts comedy, Tom Green cannot.Don't waste your time with this movie, I give it 1 out of 10.

Pathetic!

Author: KiwiPsycho from Auckland, New Zealand
6 November 2001

Oh my God, where do I even begin when reviewing something as bad as this. How about to say that at a voter standing of only 3.7 out of 10, Freddy Got Fingered is the most over rated film in the entire IMDB.

As someone who does like crude and gross out humor, when done right, I still found this to be the most pathetic attempt at a film I have ever seen. For a start lets begin with the plot. Tom Green leaves his parents home to become an animator. Tom Green returns. Tom Green and his dad get into many heated arguments - thats about it for plot. The rest of the film revolves around Tom participating in the kind of bizarre behavior that has made him famous - only this time its way more over the top. Masturbating horses - licking the bone of a friend's broken leg as he screams in agony, swinging a new born baby around by its umbilical cord are all part of the 'comedy' of Freddy Got Fingered. And none of this actually has anything to do with the 'plot'.

Consider those above as deterrents instead of spoilers.

The Tom Green show is funny for ONE REASON - and ONE REASON only. The joke is on the unsuspecting public. Tom Green's antics are only funny for his ability to carry them out in public and for his complete lack of embarrassment. In this film the antics are scripted. Those on the receiving end of these antics are actors. Therefore it is NOT FUNNY, as the only thing that makes this guy funny is canceled out. I still can't believe that the people at 20th Century Fox couldn't figure this out. The fact that they actually sunk huge amounts of money into this film is not only sad, but offensive. Did anyone involved in this movie actually think this would be funny?

In short - the worst film I have ever seen. A lot of people use that term as a knee jerk exaggeration to describe a film they didn't like. This is no exaggeration. My previous all time worst film, Glam, maybe even deserves awards compared to this (OK maybe that was an exaggeration). Hopefully this is the last time that Tom Green will ever get to make a movie. If Fox gives the go ahead for Freddy Got Fingered 2, I'll trash the set myself.

Did you walk out?

Author: Chris Hayton (Hayton81) from Kansas City, Missouri
2 June 2001

I normally am a Tom Green fan. I have watched his show on MTV and I think he is hilarious, but this movie was far from being that. From the opening scene to the last scene of that movie, my mouth was dropped to the floor. I was disgusted and yet amazed how stupid the movie was. I don't think I even smiled at it. On screen, Tom tried to capture that prankster style he has in The Tom Green Show, but was unsuccessful, horribly. His jokes were bad, his pranks were bad, everything about that movie was bad. The bottom line, Tom Green what the hell were you thinking making that movie?

Money wasted....

Author: mrgb48 from United States
21 September 2011

Gross.Stupid.Annoying...and that describes the main character as well as the movie itself.I don't know who the idiot was that gave the green light on this pile of crap,but they should never work in movies again.An embarrassment for Rip Torn,Anthony Michael Hall and Julie Hagerty.I just hope they got a pretty good paycheck out of this..The movie is a series of unfunny/gross/childish slapstick and sight gags thought of by the star and director(if you call him either one of those)Tom Green..It deserved all of its Golden Turkey Award wins and thankfully,Mr.Green has never directed another movie again..I have never wanted to strangle a character like I did in the first few minutes and have never wanted a character to fail or get beaten up either.Maybe that was the point.I don't know..I'd rather watch "Manos,the Hands of Fate" or a Coleman Francis movie instead..Listen,Tom Green,just because you think you can direct and write a movie or even act in a movie,does not mean you should,OK?

It's Just Not Funny

Author: MovieTycoon_7 (MovieTycoon_7@msn.com) from Birmingham
30 April 2001

When I went to go see this movie, I thought that I was going to watch a 100 minute Tom Green episode. That is just what happened. 30 minutes is enough on TV but when you have to sit down for a long time, the jokes start to run out. I'm still a Tom Green fan. Every comedian can make one mistake.

Page 1 of 62:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]