IMDb > Legendary Ladies of Rock & Roll (1988) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Legendary Ladies of Rock & Roll (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Great Rocking Performances!!

Author: Mike (RSRVIDMAN@aol.com) from Huntsville, Alabama
7 April 2002

What a great music video for everyone's collection. I was especially thrilled with the performance of BRENDA LEE who proved why she is nicknamed "Little Miss Dynamite." With a strong version of her multi-million seller "I'm Sorry", she was even better (If possible?) while rocking the house with Clarence Clemons (E Street Band) on "That's All You Gotta Do." WHAT A GREAT PERFORMANCE!!!!!!! All the ladies were rocking and this is a must have!

A dance around your living room hoot!

Author: jajwhite from United Kingdom
26 February 2016

This may have been released in 1988 but the concert was recorded in late 1986, as a vehicle for Belinda Carlisle's eponymous solo album and the release of her cover of Band Of Gold, on which she duets here with Freda Payne in one of the show's few weak moments.

Barely any talking, just a thank you and BANG, they're into the singing. And you realise you know all the words to all the songs. Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow, It's My Party, You Don't Own Me, Be My Baby and many more. All ladies with 20+ years experience at their craft giving it their all.

In fact, knowing what we now know about a few of these ladies' habits, I can't help but think the cocaine bill for the singers was probably higher than the rent for the concert venue, because these ladies are on fire! I don't mean anything bad by that, maybe they just had a few glasses of champagne, but they are clearly all having a scream.

Check out Brenda Lee bending over backwards and roaring, and check out the funny clone guy with the handlebar moustache who starts quite sober and dignified and ends up throwing his whole body around to the music. Every time I watch the whole thing, I end up exactly the same way, dancing around the living room singing along. Watch it (you can find it on Youtube) and you'll do the same... absolutely brilliant.