IMDb > The James Bond Story (1999) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The James Bond Story (TV) More at IMDbPro »

GREAT DOCUMENTARY

Author: Jason Allentoff (007@jasonallentoff.com)
22 March 2000

I can tell you this...if you're a Bond fan, see this...you will thoroughly love it. Interviews with all 5 Bonds, great clips from all 19 films, Q, the girls, villains, and a whole lot more. It's a fun-filled hour or so for us Bond-maniacs. I saw it on AMC one night earlier this year and am glad it will make it to video and DVD soon.

A must see for anyone interested in the James Bond phenomenon

Author: Robert G. Small, MD from Oklahoma
27 February 2013

Like thousands of others I enjoyed the James Bond films. This documentary adds a great deal of information about Ian Fleming, the author of the original stories and other details about how the James Bond name became known worldwide. The documentary has many interesting details, for example interviews with the daughter of Albert R Cubby" "Cubby" Broccoli, the producer who had a lifetime interest in the Bond Films. Each James Bond actor is presented with personal statements about how they were selected to play James Bond, some with PG-14 details of their personal lives. This documentary brings to memory details of various Bond films that is almost like seeing the films over again. I rate this one of the best documentaries I have seen.

Rare chance to see multiple "Bonds" in one film

Author: uds3 from Longmont, Colorado
22 September 2002

Actually not that great a doco, supposedly chronicling the life and times of Bond as he moves into the new millennium, but worth seeing simply for the opportunity of seeing Connery, Lazenby, Moore and Brosnan (who cares about Dalton?) all together. And dear old Desmond Llewelyn....one minute with him is worth ten documentaries on atomic fission!

Dated already with the imminent release of DIE ANOTHER DAY but still worth catching for die-hard Bond fans.

Roger Moore's on-set anecdotes were fun to hear and delivered as only Roger Moore can! So many of you undervalued his 7 film contribution!

I can watch this over and over again.

Author: John (darcyj) from Australia
3 November 2002

I've seen all the Bond films and enjoyed most of them - some are first class and others are more like ballast for the series. This documentary is a unique and satisfying overview of the first 18 Bond films.

It is well structured and flows, although it is not completely seamless. The actors who played Bond give good, if brief, insights and there is background material which has not been overused before. The delectable Miranda Richardson narrates, and as nice as it would have been to see her it is GOOD for the show that no time is wasted on her talking face-to-camera. No, the available time is all substance rather than style.

Whether for the million-and-one clips from the movies, or for the doco content itself, this tape never gathers dust in my house.

Nothing Special-Nothing New

Author: Ffolkes-3
23 August 2000

Well, the documentary is actually nothing special because there's not much news in it. The story tells everything that was said. I must say I was very disappointed after I had thought it was going to be something really enjoyable and interesting. It proves to have been done only for money and maybe to promote Bond's entrance in the 2000s. The only highlight of the progamme are interviews with Bond actors, although our friends don't say anything new, well maybe except Roger Moore who tells us some funny anecdotes and helps the documentary not be be totally boring. But I know I can always count on Roger.