IMDb > 2 Little, 2 Late (1999) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

2 Little, 2 Late More at IMDbPro »

Funny, moving, poignant, and brilliant.

Author: (jamesahab@aol.com) from USA
10 March 2000

When I first saw this movie, I was expecting some lame high school comedy. I was pleasantly and completely surprised. "2 Little, 2 Late" is funny, moving, poignant, and brilliant film-making. The seemingly unusual cast (Anthony Michael Hall as a teacher/authority figure??) is perfect, filled with amazing young talents. The directional style is simple, understated, and it fits this movie like a glove. The wonderful script treats a complex and touchy issue with dignity and humour. The movie is out to prove a point, but it never points a finger of blame or favours anyone. I would definitely give "2 Little, 2 Late" a 10 out of a 10.

wonderfully written, directed, and acted

Author: smoore2352 (smoore2352@aol.com) from USA
17 March 2000

I don't know what movie markus360 was watching, but "2 Little, 2 Late" was directed by Tony Smith, who directed a great movie called "Between the Lies." But this time, he directs a comedy, and with much success. On an independant film website, I read an interview with the screenwriters, Jim Brooks and Mark Swanson. It's amazing that they wrote such a wonderful script at such a young age (22 and 20, respectively). Vicellous Reon Shannon and Brad Renfro both give excellent perormances as the leads. Heather McComb is incredible. The tandem of the Darrin Darlow-Simon Pepper characters is hilarious. And Anthony Michael Hall proves that he is still a good actor. Part comedy, part drama, all good.

A light hearted comedy delivered by a big hearted cast!

Author: markus360 from Michigan
14 March 2000

This movie has it all. Thrills, spills, chills and even grills. Yes, grills. The ghetto BBQ scene is one that will go down in film making history as one of the most memorable moments in breaking the color barrier. James Brooks made his directorial presence felt with an all-to-real look at the seedy underbelly of todays youth while still managing to keep the spirit of this film fresh, cutting edge and strictly ghetto. Mark Swanson's jump from the small screen to the big picture proved to be just as entertaining as his earlier role in the short lived summer camp series Salute your Shorts. As he did two years earlier in the fourth installment of the 3 Ninjas quadology, Swanson once again proves why he's the hottest young actor in Hollywood. Jim Brooks simply shows why he's the hottest man on earth. There's nothing funny about the racial tension our kids face in this world today, but when seen through the camera lens that James Brooks used, it doesn't seem quite so bad.