IMDb > "The Fairly OddParents" (2001) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 6 of 11: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

The continuing decline of Nickelodeon

Author: Christopher Smith
30 May 2004

Nickelodeon used to be one of the very best cable networks with some of the best shows ever, but ever since 1998, the quality of Nickelodeon shows has slowly been declining. THE FAIRLY ODDPARENTS is a perfect example. One of three spin-off series from OH YEAH! CARTOONS (the other two being CHALKZONE and MY LIFE AS A TEENAGE ROBOT), THE FAIRLY ODDPARENTS just doesn't cut it as a half hour show. When it was a five to ten minute sketch on OH YEAH! CARTOONS it was mildly amusing, but at 30 minutes an episode, the show runs out of gas. The voice work is decent and the story lines aren't bad, though the humor is strictly kid stuff and bland. Don't watch it.

Stupid trash

Author: Ashleigh M. (muppetlass87) from Gaithersburg, Maryland
18 December 2003

This show is pathetic, one of the worst cartoons I've ever seen. What makes this show so bad? Let's count the ways:

-Character designs-they're just plain ugly.Timmy looks (and sounds) more like a toddler than a 10-year-old, for instance, and all of the characters always look like they're facing sideways -The personalities- Everyone on this show is either a completely unlikable jerk (Vicky, Mr. Crocker, and Timmy himself), or a moron with the IQ of a grape (Cosmo, Timmy's parents). -The plot- the same thing happens in almost every episode (Timmy is miserable about something, he makes a stupid wish to change it, it goes wrong. the fairies save the day, the end).

The fact that this show is one of the most popular cartoons on television makes me sick. Spongebob is much better than this show. 0/10 stars. Avoid at all costs.

I used to like this show.

Author: MairegChernet (mchernet15@gmail.com) from United States
25 April 2008

In fairly odd parents, a young boy named Timmy (voiced by tara strong)has two fairies, one female, named wanda and the other one male,named cosmo (Susan Blakeslee & Daran Norris respectively)who grant his every wish in the exception of those who violate the fairly rules. I loved this show as a kid. This show used to be a part of my daily routine of TV watching. The silliness and stupidity of cosmo is what I used to love the most, I also enjoyed wanda's sarcasm and Timmy's pursuit for his dream girl trixie.

However, this is a show you grow tired of as you mature. Around age 10, this was one of the few things I watch on TV. But now at fifteen, I would rather watch family guy or some other show, or perhaps the news. Unlike shows like spongebob and family guy, who are eternally enjoyable, the fairly odd parents is kind of monotonous which is why I am not interested in it anymore. For 10 year olds it's a perfect show but now I am over it.

One of the best Nickelodeon Cartoons still in production

Author: jwtrox08706 from Louisville, KY
5 August 2006

The Fairly OddParents is a very funny cartoon. It contains satirical and sometimes educational material for people of all ages. People at my age (19) can find it funny and get a lot of the jokes that are in this show. How can anyone think that this show is just for kids.

"Fun Box, oh Fun Box, so small and square and dark. Fun Box, oh Fun Box, check out these cool, fun locks. YAY!" "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" Sorry, got a little carried away there for a second. In one episode where Timmy goes back in time to see what Crocker's worst day ever was, the instant you see Timmy go back to the 1980s you see a DeLorian time machine hit 88mph instantly and travel back in time or forward in time, whatever. Since I am a fan of "Back to the Future" I found that funny. Then Timmy gets new clothes that help him fit in. He winds up in a suit that is a nod to Don Johnson's character "Miami Vice". Seeing stuff like that in cartoons is funny and refreshing. This cartoon falls along similar lines that SpongeBob Squarepants falls on. I hope Nickelodeon doesn't stop playing these shows even after they're out of production like they did with so many other good shows. Now, if we want to watch GUTS or Legends of the Hidden Temple or Wild and Crazy Kids we have to get digital cable or something like that. Why can't there be a channel like that on standard cable? Oh well, I'll settle for this.

"Evil redheads make boybands go, 'EEEEWWWW'!"

The Fairly Odd Parents 2001

Author: Gokogohan6 from United States
13 October 2005

This no movie it's a series lol. Well let's see an updated review by the fans eh. OK now the show sucks...Cosmo and Timmy have now become heartless and have ruined the shows. This show is becoming painful to watch. Also the fans don't help me want to watch the show either; the Fairly Odd Parents fans have the worst attitude. They'll blame any thing for it being bad besides the show itself and that's what they should really be blaming. After it being on for six seasons its writing and everything else is bound go bad. So it's annoying as heck to hear a fan of the show say " Oh Mr. Butch Hartman why have you failed US?!" or "Danny Phantom is the real reason why our beloved show has gone wrong" Really it's just annoying the way they complain like that. If any thing it's the fans that turned me way from the show itself, there really annoying. First off Butch Hartman created the show, so if it wasn't for you wouldn't even have it. Second Danny Phantom is new so to trash it just because of the down fall for this that's plain crap. You Fairly Odd Parent fans should be ashamed of yourselves for the way you've been acting. I'm just ticked off with you all. I'm out of here peace.

Not so great

Author: WWF_Deadman_Undertaker from United States
26 February 2007

This gets a two because I liked it as a kid, but it became so redundant that I just started to hate it... I can't give this a descriptive review because it would be restating one thing after the other, I probably wouldn't say anything that everyone else didn't say already.

The only other thing about this show is that it's pretty nasty, with the kid with the boil to that twisted babysitter to the stupidity that runs around and about in it. I have a cousin that loves this show and he's the strangest and dumbest person I have met. This show should be pulled from the air. It's always the same thing over and over... They need to put better shows on Nick. I'm getting really really tired of stuff like this.

The Fairly Mentally Disabled God Parents With No Lives

Author: Fudgykoala from United States
21 February 2008

Call me crazy but I absolutely hate the "Fairly Odd Parents." The reasons why? Here we go...

1. Timmy Turner. He will never, I repeat, never grow up. He's immature and sets bad examples for younger children. Why? He's constantly loud, obnoxious, and really needs to calm down. I sometimes get sick watching his horrible bratty behavior. Again, he sets bad examples.

2. Timmy's parents. I'm getting so tired of the abnormally moronic parents who know nothing about being a good person or taking care of their child (who has in fact mastered living with out them and hating their guts). Another thing is they're cruel to their son. They lie to him, they never believe him, and I just can't see why they wanted to have a kid in the first place. I guess you can say they also set bad examples for kids.

3. The jokes. They're always either about farting, puking, spitting coffee out of your mouth, using the toilet, peeing, etc. How old are those getting? And plus they're way overused. In one episode, Cosmo (the king of overusing crappy immature jokes) could not speak so he decided to act out what he was thinking. So he knew that this comet was about to hit the earth and he needed to tell Timmy and Wanda (who also couldn't talk or hear). So he built a model of the city with Legos, took this giant tennis ball, and threw it at the Lego city. And--here's the overused joke--he randomly grabbed a cup of coffee, downed it, and spat it out in Wanda's face to signify he was surprised when he learned about the comet or something shitty like that. All throughout the episode, whenever he got scared, he grabbed another cup of coffee and spat the contents out in Wanda's face. I counted that throughout the episode the coffee spitting joke was repeated SIX TIMES. -_- Talk about annoying. At least that wasn't a potty joke, which made it different but all together downright crappy.

4. Timmy's wishes are absurd. Picture this please: you come home from work/school depressed because a student/coworker has been making rumors and rude comments about you that are 100% false. It's been happening for about two weeks now and you're just sick and tired of the student/coworker doing these things. But then you remember you have fairy god parents! You talk to them about the problem and you decide to make your wish. What would your wish be? I imagine it would go something like this: "I wish the student/coworker would stop targeting me and learn to respect others for who they are." If you ask me, it's simple and reasonable. But if you're Timmy Turner, it would go something like this: "I wish a giant seventy-foot tall robot with lasers and night-vision and rockets would go to the student/coworker's house, stomp on it, eat the student/coworker, and fly away to Jupiter where he'll never be seen again." The whole point of this overemphasized wish is for Timmy to soon learn that he should not have behaved that way after a short period of time and that he wants the enemy back. So he would wish for his return and the bully would continue his rumor spreading and what-not. And Timmy would be happy that things are back the way they used to be. I can't tell you how many times this is repeated throughout every episode.

If you hate overused jokes, incredibly dumb parents, and moronic ten-year-olds (who appears to never grow up in each episode after the show has gone on for what six years?) avoid the "Fairly Odd Parents" at all costs. I'm serious.

What a horrifying miserable piece of animated television!

Author: Christopher Malone
22 January 2013

There are no morals or lessons we don't already know, the jokes and gags are repetitive and not funny, some of the scenarios are too extreme for most kids, the animation is unappealing, there's an infinite amount of plot holes and missed opportunities, the characters are cruel, annoying, and stupid, and the number one problem I have with the show is that for having so many bright colors, it can get surprisingly mean spirited. The adults are cruel, the babysitter is cruel, the fairies are cruel. I can understand cruelty if it's explained cohesively. But there are far too many conflicting explanations. And the worst thing about it all is that so many people like this show. It's just awful.

This Show Went Down the Tubes

Author: rich674 from United States
3 July 2007

I first started watching this show probably around the year of 2003 or 2004 with my friends. Of course, at the time I was younger and enjoyed some of the jokes on this show. I was 11 in 2003, and I am 14 now (2007). Though my age probably plays a major role in how I judge this show, after reading other's reviews, I have come to see that after the third season, this show went down the tubes. I agree. This show is obnoxious, repetitive and usually focuses on the same plot.

The show revolves around Timmy Turner, who was granted two Fairy Godparents because basically his life was horrible - his parents were never around, and he had a nasty baby-sitter. The plot of the entire show is that this kid (Timmy) and his Godparents always wish up some destruction that cannot be prevented by making another wish, because something in "Da Rules" says they can't. The show has a lot of lines that keep being repeated, like "magic cannot break true love, super toilet" or even just some scummy jokes lines that Nickelodeon probably thought was funny and decided to put in the episode various times.

The show is aimed at kids younger than 10, because it involves gross situations and "kid humor" that most kids of my age wouldn't care for. The character voice selection could've been better too. Timmy has an extremely loud, shrill, feminine voice as does Cosmo. Wanda sounds like an old lady. Timmy's dad sounds like some announcer or game show host, Timmy's mom's voice is too exaggerated to sound feminine. Attitudes in this show are: in some episodes, Timmy talks back and acts spoiled and snobbish. Wanda apparently is smart and wise. Cosmo is stupid, dumb and incapable of thinking as is Timmy's dad. Timmy's mom seems to end up doing whatever Timmy's dad does.

The show is too far flung from reality to get my likings anymore. Maybe as a younger kid, I could see more of the humor in this show, but as I grow up, it really grows old. And not to sound conceded or "trashing" but the show does have that mentality that makes you want to commit homicidal activity towards the characters. A show like this just has to be your attitude, if you know what I mean. If not, it basically disgusts you.

SUCKS! big time and insulting to fairy kind

Author: Julia Arsenault (ja_kitty_71) from Canada
17 June 2008

I really hate this retarded show. It SUCKS! big time and personally I think it is insulting to fairy kind - if you believe in fairies that is. I mean the people who had come up with such crap 'ought to have their heads examine huh? There is a LOT of craziness and stupidity in this show which are two of the things that I dispised and loathe in the WHOLE world; especially stupidity.

Also I think the evil babysitter & school-teacher and "dumber-then-f**k" parents (and godfather) is really getting cliché to me. Overall, I say that this show is so f**kin' annoying and should not be seen by prying eyes at ALL! it would make'em bleed to death!

Page 6 of 11: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]