IMDb > "The Berenstain Bears" (1985) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Berenstain Bears" More at IMDbPro »

A Wonderful Show

Author: tanquant from north carolina
21 January 2003

Growing up in the 80's I loved to look at The Berenstain Bears on Saturday mornings.It's such a cute and priceless cartoon. Now PBS is airing the Berenstain Bears weekday mornings at 7:00 eastern time.It's perfect for children to watch before they go to school and for adults who remember this from childhood as I do.

This Way to Bear Country. You'll Know When You're There. As Soon As You Enter, You'll Feel Like A Bear. A Great Grizzly Bear. A Berenstain Bear.

Author: ( from U.S.A
26 August 2002

[MAYBE SPOILERS] This was a good show! Fans of the children's books will love this cartoon show. Not only did they do cartoon adaptions of the books, but there were original stories too. Mostly featuring Raffish Ralph, the local bumbling swindler and Weasel McGreed, a evil weasel who lives below Bear Country. First, there's Papa Q. Bear. What does the Q stand for? Nobody knows, but we can rest assured it doesn't stand for Quitter, because no matter what the situation, Papa keeps on going. Like the one where he tries to help Brother, Sister and Freddie earn their merit badges in rescue, the only one they rescued was Papa. How about the one where Papa finds his boysenberry honey stolen so he, Brother, Sister, Freddie and dog Snuff go all over town looking for clues but long afterwards they discover that the thief was none other than Papa himself.

But of course, the sensible one was Mama. She always did her best to keep Papa from doing something stupid or showing the cubs the error of their ways; of course there were other characters around: the local environmentalist, Professor Actual Factual. Big Paw, a giant bear that lived in the mountains and absent-minded Mayor Honey Pot.

So in conclusion, this was a pretty good show. It isn't remembered much today, but those of us who do remember it know that it was a great adaption of the books.

Some Where Deep In Bear Country

Author: Storm_Mickche from Australia
17 January 2006

When i was younger, i used read the books and watch the series and i loved it. The characters were great and i loved that they used the simplest form of names such as mama, papa, sister and brother. There entertaining and most of the episodes have a moral about them.

What More can i say about the Berenstain Bears, there a classic and i watch the episodes at my pleasure.

They will be there for each other. There just like you and me. The only difference is they live in a tree.

I still own one of the Berenstain Bear Books and i must have read that book so many times. I believe it was one of the television series, when they go exploring in the cave. i think it was called " Lost in A Cave."

A Simple Cartoon for Simple Minds

Author: General_G from United States
10 November 2005

The Berenstain Bears were great books for kid who were learning to read and then the made a nice little cartoon for kids. I have most of the episodes on tape. I bought them at the store about ten years ago and even back then the quality wasn't very good and it was a little hard to understand what they were saying, but the kids still loved them. Some people say that the shows are too addicting and that kids will want to watch TV instead of reading the books, but its nice to get a break every once in awhile. The Berenstien Bears came back in 2003, but it didn't last as long. Good thing PBS shows the reruns. Both shows are great and its a good way to teach little kids.

Am I the only one who remembers these?

Author: sngbrd39 from US
31 March 2001

Although I never saw the TV show itself, I saw many videos of many different episodes. I remember best the "I Want It All" song from, well, I don't remember which one. I just remember really liking the song but not being able to see the video a lot. I did have a couple of them, the one about strangers, and another, I think. Well, anyway, this is one of those things from the deep recesses of my childhood that isn't very clear at this time. Anyone else who can give a more complete review, please come forward!

Really cute

Author: Lho3323370 from United States, Ca
6 February 2002

Though I have never seen the TV Show I do enjoy reading the books. I liked Brother Bear. Brother Bear was eight years old and Sister was six years old. Brother had a best friend named Freddy. Sister had a best friend named Lizzy. Papa had a best friend named Farmer Ben. In The Double Dare Brother is asked to steal Too Tall and his friends a watermelon. In The Trouble With Grownups Brother and Sister decide that there Mama and Papa are a little too rough on them. In The Trouble with Money Sister and Brother get jobs but when they have a little too much cash there parents put it in the bank.