IMDb > The Fast and the Furious (2001) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
The Fast and the Furious

The Fast and the Furious More at IMDbPro »

Page 13 of 101: [Prev][8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [Next]

I loved this. Granted it was cheesy...

Author: Lyssa from London, UK
14 March 2002

but it had fast cars, a sexy cast and a pretty cool soundtrack. It was really obvious from the posters and straplines that this was going to be an all-out action, over-the-top, slightly unbelievable cheesefest, and indeed it was. I left the cinema with a grin on my face and a desire to stick some nitrous under the hood of my car. Yes, the plot was a direct lift from 'Point Break' but who cares? It worked well and it was entertaining and fun. What more would you really be asking from a movie like this? Two very definite thumbs up.

A comprehensive look at a growing subculture

Author: belk465 from United States
13 March 2002

This movie cannot take credit for creating the subculture it depicts, but it can take credit for the multi-millions in business it created. As the owner of a car club, I could not wait to veiw this movie when it came out. I went on opening night at 11pm and the theater was standing room only.

I have to say I was a little disappointed that the cars used were so common. It doesn't take any inspiration to build an Eclipse or a Honda. Anyway, the rest of the film was amazing, down to detailing how most of us get our amazing "paint" jobs!

This film was fantasy, but these people are real. I live this life everyday, except highjacking tractor trailers. But a word of caution, do not try to drive under a truck. The one used in the film was raised. And don't race on surface streets. It happens, but it's extremely dangerous.

When I left the theater, about 120 of the hooked cars in town fled in a continuous line to a road across town, where we cruised for the next four hours.

I can't wait till the sequel comes out. Vin Deisel and Paul Walker can check out my car anytime.

The Fast and the Furious was one of the greatest movies in my life, it has inspired me 2 race!

Author: Jesse (thadragon23) from Staten Island, New York
7 March 2002

This movie was a masterpiece it captured the way people need a adrenaline rush and the racing does it for people it's a great way to invest time and money and if u market and race safe and right you can make a very good profit. Vin Diesel made his part excellent(like he does all his parts) he captured the love that certain people have for there friends and there hobbies.This movie in my eyes will always be "one of the greats"

Hott Cars And Hott Guyz

Author: ColombianGirl007 from Manhattan N.Y
4 March 2002

I really think " The Fast and the Furious " was a good movie . When I saw the comercials I didn't really think it would be a good movie . But when I went to go see it at the movie theater with some of my friends , I found out that it was my favorite movie . It was so good . Not only were their hott cars , but their was some hott music , and some hott guyz . Vin Deasil and Paul Walker are the hottest main charachters . I gave this movie a ten cauze the movie was hott . I give props to the people that mad the movie cauze it was hott . I even bought the dvd and soundtrack . This movie has inspired me 2 hook up my car lookin' like that and race in daytona . So anywayz the movie is hott , the music is hott , and the guyz r hott . So if u haven't already seen the movie , go see it . Peace Out .

this movie rocks

Author: bart5467 from columbus, indiana
24 February 2002

this movie totally rocks and is one of the best movies i have ever seen the cars are really cool and really fast but i was glad they finally brought the import racing scene to the silver screen and they did it with great taste

Tremendous piece of escapism.

Author: Duncan from Essex, U.K.
21 February 2002

Thoroughly enjoyable yarn which has all the action you could want in a modern tale of woe. Vin Diesel is perfect for the role of Toretto and I'm sure we'll see loads more of that bad boy. Slight complaint is with Region 2 DVD - the menu sucks - difficult to find the deleted scenes and music videos - but after listening to the awful rapping on the Pov City Anthem (if that is indeed what it is called) meant I didn't miss too much.

Better the second around!

Author: videofreak2002 (videofreak2002@aol.com) from Walbridge, Ohio
17 February 2002

I just recently saw this movie again when I rented. When I first reviewed this movie, I gave it a A-. Now, this is still good, but, it's better if you watch it again. What I forgot to add from my first review of this movie is that movie has great special effects, a great soundtrack, and great music (composed by BT, who would also compose music for "Driven," "Go," and "Under Suspicion." If you're in need of a good movie and great-looking cars and wonderful cast (the great Vin Diesel), then check this movie out. Also, the ending was still pretty lame.

A+ ****** (out of ****** stars) 13/13

Brilliant

Author: Rick Woodham (remergence98@hotmail.com) from Wales
14 February 2002

All I can say about this film is that's one of the best racing films I've seen in years, the use of sound is amazing the engines roar from here there and everywhere, yeah so the story maybe a bit thin and it may seem that you are watching the film version of the game Driver. But all in all it's a none stop thrill of fast cars and brilliant action sequences from the great Rob Cohen (Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story), My recommendation is that if you haven't seen it then WHY NOT.

This movie rocks

Author: cruppel (cruppel@purdue.edu) from USA
7 February 2002

You people! This movie was the best of the summer. Everyone is slamming it for not being artistic or something, but did you expect it to be? I didn't. I expected a major testosterone rush and I got it.

FaF warranted three sittings in the theatre. It had the best cinematography since Crouching Tiger and Fight Club, and it had good special effects. If all anyone ever watched was a movie like Traffic that was an intellectual movie then he or she would not have a credible say about the quality of a movie. If you can't handle bad acting and a mediocre plot in exchange for some intense testosterone pumping action then don't come near it. What were you expecting? It's VIN DIESEL!!! Why don't you all expand your horizons a little and just enjoy a movie in all its crappiness for once.

So full of action...and HOT cars!!

Author: Jennifer from Florida
5 February 2002

I love souped up ricers! And this movie was full of them! The Cars are what made this movie so great! I wanted to go out and buy a black Honda Civic right after seeing the movie! I recommend this film to anyone who likes to look at BEAUTIFUL CARS!!!!