IMDb > Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles (2001) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Page 1 of 12:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

OK, But They Went To The Well Once Too Often

Author: ccthemovieman-1 from United States
10 May 2006

They went one-too-many in the Crocodile Dundee series with this third film. The sequel (Dundee II) was very good and that should have been the end of it. By the time this third one was made, Paul Hogan was putting on the wrinkles fast (although still in shape) and co-star/wife Linda Kozlowski had put on a few pounds.

The movie didn't fare well, maybe because the humor dominated instead of a balanced mix of it with drama, humor and romance as the other two films emphasized. Also, this story had done before in the first movie, with the Australian coping with America in New York so we didn't a replay of that in Los Angeles.

One thing nice about this film: it was nice in a mellow sort of way. There is a gentleness to it, a nice tone which you don't often see in today's R-rated dominated film industry....and it still was entertaining, for the most part. It's just too much familiar ground and added very little to what the first two films showed.

A wonderful conclusion

Author: docmoveemankdr from United States
26 December 2005

This movie is what people want out of Paul Hogan. Personally, I loved "Almost an Angel" and "Lightning Jack." But for those of you who don't quite get Paul Hogan's humor, why would you even bother watching the third installment of the Crocodile Dundee saga? The character of Michael J. "Crocodile" Dundee is someone to be adored by any child of the 80's. And I, for one, am so thankful Paul decided to give us one more. Its a story, again, about a "fish out of water" scenario but he pulls it off with astonishing bliss. Its been over a decade since we were graced with the comedy of Crocodile Dundee II but the magic and love and simplicity of the character is still apparent in Paul's portrayal of Dundee. I'm so glad Linda Kozlowski reprises her role as the sexy, Sue Charlton as well. Movies forget the aspect of "characters" and "story" nowadays and focus on hype, special effects and "epic-ness." I'm so glad there are still movies I can shed a tear to simply because of its kindness, simplicity and down-to-earth quality of its characters that I grew up with. Crocodile Dundee is Los Angeles is a wonderful finale for anyone who loves the first two. Paul Hogan did the world a wonderful thing when he created the character, so why not come back around by one final wonderful installment. At least check it out....

An unlikely return

Author: lawrence-14
9 August 2002

Paul Hogan's knive-tossing, hand-slapping Outback legend skipped the whole of the 90's so his 2001 comeback came as something of a big surprise. Unfortunately, audiences had of course moved on and the critics didn't hesitate in drowning the film. Indeed, you don't have to be an expert to realise that this belated third caper isn't exactly accomplished film-making; there's an uninvolving and considerably underdeveloped plot whilst the comedy itself (consistently spot-on in the original) is pretty much hit-and-miss here.

Still, if its clean, fun, enjoyable entertainment you're looking for, Dundee in LA serves the purpose well and is satisfying for the family or younger ones. The character himself is still interesting and enjoyable to watch as he once again returns to the USA, this time acting detective when he suspects a shady movie company of smuggling. Not by no means a classic but harmless and pleasant entertainment nonetheless.

Go see this film. Critics need to lighten up...

Author: Singary from Windsor, Connecticut
21 April 2001

It's been a very long time since I've seen a movie with my children that did not have to rely on gross-out humor just to get a laugh. "Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles" is a FUN movie.It's fun to let go and get in on the silliness of the jokes. Critics should not be comparing it to the first or even the second Dundee movies. This film is wonderfully different than both of them, and uniquely funny and endearing all on its own. Yes, Paul Hogan's Mick Dundee is still the same--still sweetly naive. Why critics feel the need to rip the character up for that just goes to show how jaded our society has become when people can't appreciate and embrace a quality like that in a film character. I, for one, love that my children can sit and watch a character who is moral, who is loving and attentive to his wife and child, who seeks out new things and learns from them and for the most part who sees the good in people. What's wrong with sending our children THOSE messages?

Not as bad as many says

Author: Juni78ukr (juni78ukr@yahoo.com) from Odessa, Ukraine
1 July 2003

I admit it is not a very good movie but at the other hand it is a light and mostly enjoyable comedy. The minor disappointment for me is that Paul and Linda had lost some of their charm from 80-s, they are just too old now. But the biggest problem with Crocodile Dundee in L.A. is the thing that this movie is too similar to previous old Crocodile Dundee movies. One idea very rarely can work twice but third time it's simply too much. So if you like the first two Crocodile Dundee movies most likely you will enjoy this little movie or at least you'll tolerate it. The story was a bit primitive (can anybody explain to me what's going on with screenwriters?) but young Serge Cockburn had brought a bit of fresh magic to the movie, though overall acting was pretty average.

It is also obviously that now it is much harder to surprise or entertain anyone with wild Aussies. Despite that this sequel had enough funny moments and jokes, including one very surprising cameo appearance. In my opinion the third Mick Dundee movie is slightly above average, not annoying light comedy. At least it is not worse (to be honest it is much better in my opinion) than Crocodile Hunter movie, that had been released next year after this sequel.

My grade 6 out of 10.

Hilarious -- if you're into it.

Author: underworld101 from Portland, Oregon
2 July 2005

I saw this in Germany on "surprise" night. That means, you go to the theater and pay only four or five bucks, get to see something new, but you don't know what you're going to see. On top of that, its always in the original language without subtitles. Problematic if its a French or Chinese movie - but they were *always* in English.

When the curtains came up, one always had those moments of dreadful anticipation. And DAMN if the last thing I EVER expected was Crocodile Dundee in LA. I didn't even know they had made another one...

My German comrades didn't get as big a kick as I did out of it -- but this is just a fun, fun movie -- and if you've had a few beers and grew up with the originals you'll enjoy it tremendously. The story is pretty weak, mostly an excuse to get Paul hogan cracking jokes, but any excuse is good if it means Paul hogan is cracking jokes...

You'll get a big kick out of it or you'll be miserable. I thought it was awesome.

ps: Mike Tyson!

Nothing new.. but that is positive. The good old Mr Dundee is back.

Author: danishmuscle from Denmark
1 October 2001

I just saw this movie it was like a timemachine, I was back in the 80's. That was positive. The movie has the same charm and humor as in the first Dundee. So if you like Crocodile Dundee you must see this movie.. this is a good oldfashioned movie without any big special effects. See it...

Funny in a relaxed way

Author: Mouldyman from Coventry
6 December 2004

This is a perfect Sunday afternoon film, when you're stuffed with roast and vegging on the sofa.

The plot is nowhere to be seen, but the film ambles along in a series of sketches and setpieces usually involving Dundee being amazed by the crazy Americans and coming up with some Australian saying to sum up the situation.

'Gay, well I am kinda happy' Yay Mick, you show those Americans who's boss.

In summary, a ludicrous film, but I really enjoyed it. And I agree with crocodile dundee about coffee enemas. 'Don't order a coffee here, you might not like how they serve it'

still pretty good

Author: colinwhitefan
5 July 2003

Even though its been awhile since we last seen Crocodile Dundee this movie didn't disappoint, same Paul Hogan adjusting to city life this time in LA this time with his son Mikey. Well, this third film may not be the best of the series, but still was entertaining and funny, lots of cool gags, and nothing too bad so the whole family can enjoy this one. Crocodile Dundee in L.A. wasn't bad considering it was a third sequel, I guess it was the long wait between the second and third movies that we forgot what the Crocodile was all about.

Wow... just wow

Author: kdeuce7 from United States
19 March 2005

Personally I have never been a fan of the crocodile Dundee series. I find the humor to be childish and the action to be less than sub-par. But my mind sure was changed after viewing this one! I found myself delightfully entertained throughout the entirety of the movie. I was either laughing hysterically or on the edge of my seat at all the crazy mishaps Dundee managed to get himself into. I figured he'd have a difficult time with the culture change, but not do such crazy things like he did! LOL absolutely nuts!! The best part has got to be when they are trying to save the skunk on the express way! OMG I though for sure I was going to faint from laughing so hectically hard. I mean they stopped the entire freeway just for a skunk. Can you imagine if that really happened in LA!?! People would absolutely freak about it! Either way this is a must see film, I hope they come out with another witty installment as good as this!!!

Page 1 of 12:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]