IMDb > Billy Connolly 'Bites Yer Bum!' (1981) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Billy Connolly 'Bites Yer Bum!' (V) More at IMDbPro »

billy at his best

Author: (jampez77@hotmail.com) from doncaster
4 January 2005

I have been a fan of Billy since 2001, my rating of his comedy before seeing this was about 9.99/10, but since seeing this it has shot up to 14.7/10, i urge u all to go an buy this where an whenever you can at whatever the cost, because its totally worth it, even though he looks like Jesus.

you can get this on DVD as well as "hand picked by billy" which is nearly as good.

as far as i'm concerned billy connolly is the funniest man to step foot on the earth and this is Absolute concrete proof

My Opinion:10/10(another legendary performance from the big yin)

Billy Connolly: Bites Yer Bum!

Author: Jackson Booth-Millard from United Kingdom
2 August 2010

World Tour of Scotland was a good TV series, and I was a little disappointed with Live in New York, but I had an idea that the comedian would be fantastic in his younger days. Recorded in 1981, Billy Connolly was rising to the peak of his career, and this performance was one of his many legendary ones, filmed at London's Apollo Victoria. In this show he covers the subjects of being in show business, taking drugs, travelling to America, seeing some funny stuff with friends, seeing an American advert for haemorrhoid cream, "interfearing with yourself" (masturbation), farting (with hilarious impression noises), a cardinal from Rome visiting a school, experiences during sex and much more. He also sings (really well actually) some comedic and popular songs, including "Preparation H", "Old Seaside Town Far Away", a brief one (interrupted) on the auto-harp, and with his band Donna and the Kebabs "That'll Be The Day", "Cripple Creek" and "Laura" (all wearing a really nice pink and black coat). It is a hilariously funny show, this is exactly the sort of comedy I wanted from critically acclaimed stand-up comedy star, I look forward to more shows like this. Billy Connolly was number 16 on TV's 50 Greatest Stars, he was number 8 on The Comedians' Comedian, he was number 1 on Britian's Favourite Comedian, he was number 1 on 100 Greatest Stand-Ups, and he was number 1 on 100 Greatest Stand-Ups 2010. Very good!