IMDb > Pyar Ka Mausam (1969) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Pyar Ka Mausam More at IMDbPro »

Pyar Ka Mausam the turning point

Author: azmi_omar2005 from Malaysia
19 October 2005

Pyar Ka Mausam was the first ever Hindi movie that I watched. It was screened in Malaysia in 1971. I was then 15 years old. Many of my friends at that time were already Hindi movie fans and persuaded me to watch. They told me about good songs, handsome heroes and beautiful heroines. Finally when Pyar Ka Mausam was screened in my hometown, I decided to go to the cinema. That was really the turning point for me. I was glued to the screen, enjoyed the songs by Mohd. Rafi and Lata, and was fascinated with the handsome Shashi Kapoor and beautiful Asha Parekh. They are my favourite stars until now. Since then I never missed Hindi films that came to town, especially if the films had Shashi and Asha in it, or either one of them. Old Hindi movies are sold in VCD's in Malaysia and of course Pyar Ka Mausam is in my collection. I will always cherish this film and remember it in my heart. I wish I could tell Shashi and Asha about this. But how could I? I am far away and I don't know how to get in touch with them. Nevertheless, my best regard and best wishes to my hero and heroine.

Beautyfull Love-story film

Author: Yellow_Spider from Belgium
25 March 2005

Shashi Kapoor woos Asha Parekh under false pretensions and the two fall in love. When Asha finds out that Shashi had been going under a false name she leaves for her home in a huff. Meanwhile Shashi finds out about his real parents - Bharat Bhushan and Nirupa Roy. His parents had been separated when their house had caught fire and he had been found by a couple who had brought him up as their own. He finds out that the man who had brought up Asha is his grandfather and he reaches his ancestral home only to find out that another man claiming to be the long lost grandson had already reached there! All is well that ends well and the family is reunited! A classic love story with great music!

With the normal run of the mill story of the sixtees the film scores with it's excellent picturisation and music.

Author: (angeriramesh@yahoo.com) from Mysore, India
4 May 2004

The plot is the usual lost and found son, intermixed with a lot of melodrama. What makes the film beautiful is the picturisation, comic scenes and excellent music. Main cast consisting of Shashi Kapoor, Asha Parekh, Bharath Bhushan and Nirupa Roy play their roles wver well. Asha Parekh looks ravishingly beautiful and naughty most of the times. Shashi Kapoor is pleasing in his style of acting. Picturised mostly in the hilly regions in the Northern India, the picture captures the scenic beauty of the region with its excellent photography. Most attractive part of the film is its music. Songs sung by Lata Mangeshkar, Mohammad Rafi and Kishore kumar are lilting and ring the ears for long. Highly likable movie.