IMDb > Eeny Meeny (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Eeny Meeny More at IMDbPro »Ene bene (original title)

You were wrong because...

Author: Lucia (Lucinka) from Czech Republic
9 June 2002

This is not any American film. Alice Nellis comes from a country with a very difficult history. There were communists for a long period of time and the people still remember the years of political pressure. This film is about election and it might be quite difficult to understand for American people who have been free since 18th century. Until 1989 we couldn't choose the political party we wanted. We couldn't establish neither political party nor any group of people with the same opinions. If you were disagreeing with Russian policy, they sentenced you to death. Of course, there were elections. But other parties than communists were forbidden. There were elections with no choice. That's why Nellis's film has such a special feel. It shows how much we want to be free.

Not that boring at all.

Author: KjK from Occupied Palestinian Territory
8 August 2001

As I started to watch this movie, I was informed that this was a black comedy. Then I have checked the imdb rating (which was 7.3 at that time, although there were only few voters, which I didn't know at the time), so I was really looking forward to see this movie. I expected some Quentin-Tarantino style flick. I was totally wrong.

During the first 45 minutes, I was almost bored to death. I realized in the 10th minute, that it was just a normal drama movie, but I still wanted to watch it. After 1 hour of watching, I even become interested in the storyline. And the ending was, well, good.

I expected shootings, I got quiet family drama, with sad ending. I will not tell you a word about the story, you have to find out for yourself. I gave it a strong 6.