IMDb > Manuelita (1999) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Manuelita More at IMDbPro »

Emotional movie, perfect for all family members

Author: lucas_isjustme from Rosario
26 April 2012

Manuelita is a proof of animated Disney movies aren't the only good ones, with such a sweet story about a little turtle who wants to fly and travel the world, this film will surprise you with the lovely songs, characters, scenarios, and an atmosphere of tenderness that leaves a pleasant sensation. In every way, this is a recommended movie for all audiences and the little ones love it. Is admirable quality of the animation, as well as that of the characters denoting that have been the result of hard work as each of them have very specific characteristics that make them special. Another point to highlight is the story, where a small turtle becomes a model in Paris, and will have to go through tough situations but after all this will leave a teaching in the audience. Maybe it's something very different from what kids are used to seeing, but still that's what makes it so special to this film, because it shows an adult world from a vision adapted for children. Also as a guarantee, this is a film of Garcia Ferre which is like Walt Disney in South America, so do not hesitate. A film of great quality that you can not miss, give it a chance, u will not regret!

Boring & without merits to fight for an Oscar

Author: RAMSES0401 from Buenos Aires, Argentina
23 June 2003

I don´t have a simple clue why the Argentine Academy choose this movie to represent the country for the Oscar. May be they thought that if the Academy can choose a Disney 's film could do the same thing with "Manuelita". Wrong. I like animation movies and I watch and enjoy it with my daughter but this was too much. If you have insomnia this is a good option. I really can sleep confortable because in ten minutes "Manuelita" closed my eyes until the end. The story (coming from a famous argentine kids song)is slow and boring and use some old characters from argentine TV mixed in a bad taste soup with new ones. If you have a choice between "Manuelita" and another one... Don´t think more about it: the other movie will be better, sure.