IMDb > Stolen from the Heart (2000) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Stolen from the Heart (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Good storyline but ran a little dry.

Author: (llihilloh)
20 August 2000

This movie was good but after a while it went down hill. The plot was excellent and the actors gave good performances. Tracey Gold is especially good in this movie. One of the problems with this film is that it gives quite a few characters with really nothing to do. **spoiler**

I still have no idea why they had to throw in the mother's death. It really didn't fit into the story. I guess that the encouragement and advice given to Leslie (to go get her child) was a good moment because it was the last thing that the mother said before she died. But it still got off track from the main plot. Pamela (Sarah Long) was introduced to us, shown a few times through out the movie but didn't have any effect on the story what so ever. The detectives came in too late to the movie and gave a few lines. That's it.

The most disappointing part of the entire film was at the end when Leslie finally confronts "the child stealer." Fortunately, for Leslie everything works out okay but everything leading up to it was good that it should've carried on a little longer with some better acting.

Overall it was a good TV movie.

Weakish ending but reasonably entertaining

Author: Nicholas Rhodes from Ile-de-France / Paris Region, France
23 October 2006

I admit to being attracted to this film through its principal star, Tracey Gold, whom I discovered and liked very much in "She's No Angel". Tracey Gold comes across as very sincere, human with a very kind face and a lovely smile ! To return to the film itself, I thought that the first half was pretty good as the plot is set up. But once the baby has been kidnapped, the attempts to get it back seem both implausible and unlikely. I cannot understand how they took so much time to locate the captors of the baby. Also the police appeared to be very nonchalant about the whole thing, as if they didn't believe it. The final scenes are also disappointing - I would have preferred a more violent and tense plot instead of the stupid captor just breaking down and handing the baby back to its mother. It seemed so banal and uninteresting that I thought "All this fuss to end up like this". I don't feel I have been duped by watching this film but I certainly would not give it another viewing or consider buying a DVD if there was one, all of which goes to show that its interest is fairly minimal, even if the presence of Tracey Gold was a definite plus !!!

Oops! the director didn't do his homework

Author: moxnix2001 from United States
3 December 2005

I watched this movie on Lifetime today, not a bad movie....but the director didn't check out his marina scene at "Galveston." Galveston, Texas... In the movie, the marina in Galveston that Cody and Karen flee to has mountains in the background. Anyone who has been to this Galveston knows that the land is flat, REALLY FLAT, in the area. Maybe there's a few sand dunes that are 10 foot tall, but that's about it. I have yet to see a mountain near Galveston or even a hill. You'd have to travel about 8 hours west to see the hills in the "Hill Country" of Texas or 5 hours north to see a few east Texas hills. It just kind of spoils the end of the movie for me. Directors, check out your sites, make sure they look real!