Good, but not as good as the reunion, which was also good, but not as good as the show.

Author: Adirondack from Michigan
21 May 2000

I would like to know the reason for calling this movie "Hazard in Hollywood". They didn't spend much time there at all. Daisy does a few stunts for one movie and the Duke boys chase the bad guys through the Hollywood sets. I'm not a guy who's a big fan of goatees, as it seems many are nowadays, so it was a bummer to see Luke with one. Enos wasn't as funny here or in the reunion as he was in the show. Neither was Cletus. Too bad. Rosco was still kind of funny. It was a great movie, though, but it should probably only be seen by real Dukes of Hazard fans. I think next time, they should have to deal with Hughie Hoggs villainy again or have another run-in with Sheriff Little. Maybe they'll even bring Coy and Vance back. Whatever happens, may the General Lee ride forever!

Very Enjoyable! There's no spoilers unless you haven't watched the movie!

Author: edhjrdljdmld from United States
21 October 2006

My first opinion of the Dukes of Hazzard: Hazzard in Hollywood when I read the reviews and before I saw the thing actually for myself was the show would basically suck. This wasn't the case for me.

Of both Reunion movies, Hazzard in Hollywood is the one I enjoyed the most. It had a lot of things that I saw the Reunion! movie lacked. First of all, the Reunion movie did have a lot of car scenes, but they were all achieve footage. If they can't make the scenes match, why bother? Sure, they did have archive footage in the original series, but it at least matched! Second of all, the reunion movie was about the race, but then they tied in Enos and Daisy's wedding. We actually think they're gonna pull it off this time, but no such luck. It's Daisy this time that gets cold feet. I don't know about y'all, but I don't see Daisy as one to get jittery. Then we find out in the beginning of the movie that Daisy had a bad marriage and when the fellow shows up, I'm expecting a fight breaking out between Bo, Luke and L.D., but all Bo says is "You've done enough." Not what I expected, to say the least.

Hazzard in Hollywood had Bo lusting, which is a basic in the series; Luke was a tiny bit out of character, but he's getting older and doesn't like the big stunts he use to do when he was younger (which is understandable, because he was doing this in the 6th and 7th season); Daisy was more outgoing in Hazzard In Hollywood, which is kind of like Daisy's character; Rosco's funny, Cletus is silly, Enos has this new twist on him that I liked. I can see all the city girls calling him a "Stud Muffin" because it's something they're not use to. He's a different culture to the one they're use to. Boss and Uncle Jesse are Marjory missed and you can tell it. But to complain that Jesse wasn't as missed as Boss Hogg is absurd. You could tell they were thinking about him. He is mentioned throughout the show. One thing I dislike about both of the movies is the house. The first one it's a 2-story house and the second one it isn't even seen. I like the second one better of the two because if you can't get it right, don't do it at all.

All out of all, I like the second movie better. It has more of the elements that I missed. The show is a more of a place to go if you want to get 100% Dukes, but if you want to see the cast get together and it's not a documentary, watch Hazzard in Hollywood.

One more thing and I think I'm done. Luke's goatee could be formed out of his maturity. Uncle Jesse always had a beard and mustache, maybe Luke thought he should have one. He is the head of the household now. I'm not a fan of goatees, don't get me wrong, but maybe there's an unmentioned motive behind the goatee. There's a lot of unmentioned motives in the series.

Great Movie

Author: KandyKis028 from United States
1 January 2006

I hope they put Hazzard in Hollywood movie on DVD soon . I have the Dukes of Hazzard collection on DVD as well and I am looking for the reunion show on DVD .Ilike this better than the new movie they made with Jessica Simpson . I like her music and think she's great but I think they could have done a better job with it. They made the Dukes look like airheads. And I think they could have gotten a better actor to play uncle Jessie. If they would stick with the original way of doing the show I believe it would have been great. But they changed it to much. The original show was funny and still had heart even if boss and the Dukes didn't see eye to eye they still respected each other. They movie with Jessica Simpson just did't have that It made the Dukes and every one look like a big joke.

The meaning of the Dukes: lost!

Author: aristofanis from Montreal, Canada
2 January 2003

I grew up with this show and the images of that car jumping, the country scenes, the ethics and simplicity of the series, captured my imagination back when I was a child. The creators of reunions today should take into account that we loved this show and don't want to see it crumble. Above all (fist fights-and jumps) this show was about two good old boys against the corrupt system. So if one want to modernize the plot, he/she should construct a story where the Dukes and the legendary General Lee surpass oppressive forces of today, leaving that humane feeling to the audience they always did. The Dukes didn't chase as much as they were chased! That is a basic principle forgotten. Loading it with new characters and unrelated stories, makes real Duke fans uninterested. This movie was also a lost opportunity for Hollywood to make some self-sarcasm of itself, since it is a powerful "system" and the Dukes could have taken some yeeehaaas against it.

A Disappointment

Author: scott-sandy from United States
25 April 2007

As a Dukes of Hazzard die-hard, I must confess my disappointment in both original cast reunions. John Schnider still cannot act unfortunately. I grew up a much bigger fan of Tom Wopat who actually had a better body and was a much better actor. However, he appears bored in this reunion (probably because he was currently dong Broadway). Luke had a goatee because he needed it for a production he was doing on Broadway (he flew back and forth to do the reunion). The plot in this movie was very thin and I hated seeing Rosco friends with the boys. Without Uncle Jesse and Boss there was no need for this film. Daisy Duke seemed way out of place in this film. You would expect better.

A Good 'Ol Dukes Movie

Author: bbogdan-4 from Saskatoon, Canada
16 July 2006

A usual Duke's movie, my how everyone has aged! Bo (Schneider) Looks the same as he always has.

Luke (Wopat) man! Has he aged! Did not recognize Daisy (Bach) I like that it was dedicated to Denver Pyle. He was a good character actor !

The acting was for the most part on par with other Duke films, though I appreciate the difference that a full movie gets into the characters a little more than we see in the series.

The plot was good and had good twists and turns.

Daisy's foray into stunt acting was a bit hard to take, but the again, she's a good 'ol girl!

Note that IMDb lists Tom Poston as Ezra Bushwacker when it is actually Nicolas Coaster who played him.

The only thing keeping this movie from getting a "1" rating was that I enjoyed the original series!

Author: moviedude1 from Minneapolis, MN, USA
16 January 2006

******MAY CONTAIN A SLIGHT SPOILER! MAY CONTAIN A SLIGHT SPOILER!***** I can't believe this! I grew up with Bo, Luke, and the General Lee (have to mention the car) and all the cast from the original series. I even watched Sonny Shroyer when he did his short-lived spin off and I enjoyed the "Reunion" TV movie done in 1997, but this title isn't even worth the paper the script was printed on! I realize that some of the original series' plot lines had lacked some "development" but this made-for-TV movie took the cake! It just was NOT believable! I found myself sighing with relief when I got through with it, and the sigh was that I was able to make it through without actually turning the movie off! Although it was nice to see some of the old characters once again, it is very hard to believe that Hollywood would actually have us believe that some backwoods country boy like Enos Strate is going to be so big in LA area that everyone knows him and the women falls all over him! And that was just for starters! I'm not about to ruin the plot! If you're a fan of the original series, stay that way and stay away from this movie!

It would probably be a good sell if you put this movie on DVD and/or video.....

Author: kim-bodiford from United States
7 January 2006

It would probably be a good sell if you put this movie on DVD and/or video.....It was a great movie...I use to love to watch the Dukes of Hazzard all the time when I was a kid and still do. My kids love it and they/we own seasons 1, 2 and 3. We watched the movie and in my opinion it was a disgrace to the original series. My children were not allowed to watch it. Please reply to my message and let me know whether or not there will be a movie on this and the Dukes of Hazzard: Reunion. I love to watch anything to do with the duke boys. It is sad that Uncle Jesse passed on, he was a very good actor. Like I said before please respond to this message.

Fun Movie, But Not the Way to End it All

Author: voicemaster71 from United States
29 November 2005

THIS COMMENT MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS :

I was ecstatic that there would be a second reunion movie of the Dukes of Hazzard and in the year 2000, I tuned in and enjoyed watching Hazzard in Hollywood. The surviving cast members were back for what would be the last time. And they did superb jobs. I will admit though, this movie lost what it had in the previous movie. Now I can understand taking the characters out of Hazzard on a rare occasion, but not on a regular basis. The Dukes in Hollywood was like a cowboy in New York and I felt that they made the characters seem more backwoods in L.A. for the entertainment. The odd things to point out is that Luke Duke had a goatee just like Bill Bixby's David Banner had a beard in the trial of the Incredible Hulk. The fact that Enos's previous engagement to Daisy was never acknowledged, let alone everyone was shocked that many women in L.A. were chasing after Enos and he as a single man was considered hot property. I wish Daisy could have been at least a little jealous. This movie had more continuity goofs than the previous movie did. At least it was nice to see Bo Duke get a new love interest. That girl was super hot.

They attempted something new. A balladeer with a face. Mack Davis did fine, but neither he nor Don Williams in the previous film will ever match up to the late Waylon Jennings from the series. And it was fun to see country stars Toby Keith and Anita Cochran appear. James Best was funnier than ever as Rosco P. Coltrane, who carried a stuffed doll of a dog around to keep him company after his last dog, Albert passed away. Plus seeing Rosco mess with an ATM machine and trying to get a loan from a beautiful Asian loan shark was priceless. Bo and Luke still fare very well in fight scenes and driving the General Lee. Here's what I hated: Patch and his dumb aide, who acted like Cledus T. Judd, as well as BB Bascum and the Russian Guy. They all got on my last nerve!!

I did like the addition of Nicholas Coaster as the formidable villain Ezra Bushmaster. I saw Coaster in many shows growing up and I'm glad he made it into the Dukes, even if it was the final reunion movie.

I was actually hoping they could have done a final reunion film with Rosco running for re election. Just like the pilot episode of the series. It would have been great, but at the same time, I can understand the cast wanting to retire from the reunion movie business, especially since both of Hazzard's old ridge runners, Boss Hogg and Uncle Jesse are no longer around. While not as great as the previous movie, Hazzard in Hollywood is still an enjoyable movie.

not worth watching

Author: a__j__p
9 March 2001

i saw the 2 reunion movies one after the other. The first one was very well done: the general jumped and the cast were looking in good health. In this movie, Luke has a goatee and the general only jumps once. To make it worse the dukes sing, rosco is loving his dog and there is no Uncle Jesse. The way that they didnt even mention his passing till the end of the movie was awful- no one even talked about him!!!!

If you want to see the dukes in their prime watch the series. If you want to see them back together again see the first reunion movie. You will be sad if you watch the second one as such a great show has been killed.

But it could have been worse- coy and vance duke show up too!!!