IMDb > "Bicentennial Minutes" (1974) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Bicentennial Minutes" More at IMDbPro »

History in 60 seconds...

Author: jwrowe3 from Tampa, FL
1 August 2002

Designed to give a one minute history lesson during the Bicentennial year in the US, these little programs aired on CBS(If memory serves me) and corresponded to events happening on that particular date in 1776. If you saw one, say on April 4th, then the show would deal with what had happened on April 4th 1776. Some episodes might have a famous host, and some had just voice-overs, describing the events.

Great little "Point of Light" in TV Wasteland

Author: csullaf from United States
17 November 2008

In 1976, I was a thirteen year old kid with a keen interest in history, and I tuned into CBS at 7pm whenever I could to catch the "Bicentennial Minute." They were mostly narrated by Roger Mudd, if memory serves me right. I loved it!

Now, to be a bit facetious: They couldn't do these today, simply because our unfortunate obsession with "Political Correctness" would require a diverse, multi-ethnic, gender-neutral, all-inclusive presentation which would last about two hours, so that every facet of early American humanity gets a nod.

On the "Bicentennial Minute;" All those old white men just got too much credit for founding our Nation.

A wonderful idea for a quick history lesson.

Author: V6901 from Orlando, Florida
27 August 2002

Whoever came up with the idea for this program...my hat's off. I wonder if this program has been saved for DVD for re-airing in the year 2076?? I probably won't be around by then, but it's a neat way to learn without getting bored with our nations history.