IMDb > "Chespirito" (1970) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Chespirito" More at IMDbPro »

The latin-america TV hero

Author: Ricardo-36 from São Paulo, Brazil
3 July 2000

Here in Brazil every one who was a kid during the 80's and early 90's remember Chavo (or Chaves, the way he is called here), Chapolim Colorado, and the other characters. It was one of the best TV shows ever aired here. Yes, it is old now; yes, the special effects are stupid, but if you want complicated plots and super special effects go see the Star Wars trilogy. If you don't care about this, and only want to laugh a little, watch Chespitito.

Author: Master Gomorrah ( from Sao Paulo, Brasil
11 March 2003

I remember back in days (when Chespirito re-aired here in the mid 1980's) when children tv was good. One the shows I remember clearly is "Chespirito".

The show is a parody-satire show on American superheroes, Horror cinema and Japanese sci-fi cinema, possibly pre-dating and inspiring such shows as "Powerpuff Girls" or "Dexter". Chespirito had quite a BIG cult following in Brasil as well as Mexico and Venezuela.

However, it has been a while since the last air date on Brasil TV and I must say three words here: BRING CHEVES BACK!!!

The best comical actor.

Author: Eliseo Soto Ayala ( from Cd. Madero, México
19 December 1999

I you ask which is the best Mexican (or even latin-american) comic show it is without any doubt Chespirito. All of Roberto Gómez Bolaños characters became icons of the popular culture, including: El Chavo del 8, El Chapulín Colorado, El Chómpiras, Chaparrón Bonaparte, etc (notice the trademark letter "CH" in every name). If you happen to have a chance to watch the re-runs on Mexican TV (Televisa) do it, you'll have a loud laugh with other characters such as Quico, Don Ramón, El Profesor Jirafales and many more. Too bad that the show became a little slow on it's last days, but anyway the best are the early episodes.

Another huge fan

Author: wdflores from Honduras
13 January 2006

Like the Brazilian before me, I also grew up watching Chespirito and all his famous characters. Personally, I enjoy (because I still see the show) the most "El Chavo".

Believe it or not, even now, nearly 40 years since its first show aired in Mexico, "El Chavo", "Chapulín Colorado", and all other memorable sketches are still aired in most Latin American countries and in the US Spanish-speaking TV networks (especially Univision).

As a personal note, my four-year-old nephew who lives in the US is quite a fan of "El Chavo" and "Chapulín Colorado". It is unbelievable how Mr. Gómez Bolaños (Chespirito) has made us laugh for three generations: my parents, my generation, and now, these 21st Century kids.

I'll end up this comment saying in Spanish: ¡Gracias, don Roberto, por ser siempre nuestra alegría! (Thanks, Mr.Roberto, for always being our joy!)

Every latinamerican child grew up with it

Author: ireneLM from Guatemala
28 June 2004

The best comedy series in Spanish, Chespirito made a good taste comedy, with smart scripts and very appealing characters.

Generations of boys and girls in latinoamerica have grown with it and still do.

It tries to give ethic values also, like Chavo del Ocho, a naughty, homeless and honest child who lives in a "vecindad" with humble people with big heart, like many latinoamericans. And Chompiras and Botija, two reformed thieves working in a hotel with Botija's wife, la Chimoltrufia (played by Chespirito's real wife, Florinda Meza). And do not forget "El Chapulin Colorado", a well-meaning and clumsy "super" hero.