IMDb > "Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog" (1993) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings
Page 4 of 4: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4]

AoStH

Author: winged_loner from United States
6 June 2006

Its pretty easy to see why they changed this show with the larger cast and much darker and continuing story of the SatAM series. This show was far too comical to deal with the very real motive that Sonic the Hedgehog has on people. And that is freedom and what people are willing to do to get it. It was funny, I'll give it that, but Sonic's WHOLE attitude wasn't fully realized here. The characters were given an overhaul with this one and it was welcomed, but I don't ever believe that Sonic thought that Tails was an annoying nuisence. Robotnik's 'Master plans' in this one truly poke fun at his immaturity, but he really is a very clever planner. In SatAM, this was fully realized and captured, actually making him a major threat rather than a walking joke.

Sonic

Author: tails-6 (tails@prontomail.com) from Florida
21 July 2000

This was one of the worst Sonic Shows ever made! Ben hurst came and did the Great Sonic ABC series. Sonic Underground was ok but I would recommend the Sonic ABC one.......Maybe because I would know. I'm a Sonic Fan!

It's OK but the other Sonic cartoons were better

Author: SonicStuart from Kansas City, MO
27 February 2004

I liked this cartoon because I am a really big fan of Sonic but I liked the other Sonic cartoons but at the same time I have mixed feelings about this cartoon. This one I thought was hilarious because this it's a comedy cartoon but still the action Sonic cartoons stay true to the character. But when I first looked at this show I said that this show is not Sonic the Hedgehog behavior! So in this cartoon, Sonic was kind of an odd mix between Bugs Bunny and Road Runner in this cartoon. But I really think it's funny this cartoon where Sonic makes all these funny disguises and outsmarting Dr. Robotnik's stupid but yet funny robots, Scratch and Grounder! This cartoon is alright but I'll pick Sonic SatAM and Sonic Underground anyday.

This show is neither related to the video games nor the comic books

Author: anthony-rigoni from United States
23 May 2012

In 1991, one of the world's greatest video game characters, Sonic the Hedgehog, was born(and so was I). Two years later, there were the beloved Comic Book series and two Sonic TV Series. This one was included. I love the video games and the comic book series, but I don't like this TV series. Okay, I'll admit that Jaleel White was good at playing Sonic the Hedgehog, but look how the show portrays Dr. Robotnik(I'll call him Dr. Eggman instead)! In the video game and comic book series, Dr. Eggman was a tyrant. THIS Eggman is nothing more than a dope. Scratch's voice was too annoying and so is Grounder's. And what's with all the screaming and yelling? Is this a cartoon for kids who have Tourrett syndrome?! Look at the backgrounds. They look like the artwork has been done by people who have schizophrenia! There is 0% effort put in the animation. What is this, another one of those badly animated Hannah-Babara cartoons before the Flintstones?! And last but not least, the character design. Dr. Eggman doesn't exactly look like the Eggman from the video game and comic book series. And also, the Sonic Says morals. Sharing and anti-graffiti I can let slide by. However, why would you make a moral about people climbing in washing machines?! I've been to the laundry mat and I've seen not one person who would be stupid enough to climb into a washing machine! And yes, I should call 911 in case if there's some kind of creep trying to kill me and my family! I give this TV series a thumbs-down because this nearly destroyed the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise.

Not very good

Author: Skitzoid from White Bear Lake, MN USA
22 March 2001

You can't write about this series and not bring up the other Sonic cartoon on a different network.

This one was more of a people-clunking-eachother-on-the-heads-because-it's-supposedly-funny sort of show. The show's premise was Sonic and Tails had to stop Robotnik because he's bad. Sure, that's basically what the games are about, but let's not forget about one little thing: he turned animals into his mindless robotic servants. That wasn't even touched on in this series - it was all about dumb gags.

The other series is one of the best animated kids' shows I've ever seen. The plot was extremely dark - Robotnik is an evil, heartless person who lurks in the shadows and sends out his robotic drones (animals who he captured and turned into these robots) to do his bidding. Sonic was the reluctant hero type, who helps a group of underground freedom fighters overthrow Robotnik's tyrannical regime. The plot lines were equally good, including the one which involved rescuing Sonic's uncle, who's been turned into a machine, and the difficulties and hardships they go through trying to bring him back.

This Sonic series: don't bother. But the other one is definitely worth checking out if you ever happen to come across it, which unfortunately is unlikely.

Probably the most hideous television show ever created.

Author: Yak-6 from Cranbourne, Australia
21 June 2001

No. I'm sorry... but no. This show is pathetic. The "humour" usually consists of over-used sight gags and dumb slapstick. The character development, on a scale of one to ten, is about negative five. Tails, a charcter with so much potential from the games, has the personality of cardboard and a voice actor to match. (Seriously, his every second line is "Ah! Help me, Sonic!"). Robotnik has all of a sudden gone from being an evil genius to being a complete buffoon. The new characters created for the show are tedious and stupid, often stereotypical (ie Prof. Kaninestein). All in all, a show for those with age and/or IQ in single figures. I will never in my life figure out why Sega agreed to put their flagship character to this sad attempt at a television show. Find the Sonic Anime. Find SatAM. Even find Sonic Underground, which isn't the best example of animation in the world either. But it's better than this. Getting root canal without anaesthetic is better than this.

The WORST Sonic show EVER!

Author: merovingian_exe
22 February 2004

This low-budget, corny mess has to be one of the worst shows based on Sonic the Hedgehog ever! It takes one of the coolest video games on Earth and completely trashes it with crappy animation and childish slapstick "humor".

In this show Sonic is depicted as a fat, obnoxious, chili dog eating slob. Dr. Eggman, a character who is supposed to be a genius, is a complete idiot. All of the other characters created for the show are equally as stupid.

It seems like the people who made this show (DiC) never take the time to play or even LOOK at the actual games before making these shows (As usual).

And finally, about the "Sonic Says" segments, kids don't listen to cheesy "safety segments".

If anyone wants to see what Sonic should be like they should rent Sonic Heroes or Sonic Adventure and watch the cut scenes. Don't watch these corny cartoons or read these made-up comics.

Page 4 of 4: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4]