IMDb > "Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog" (1993) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board
Page 3 of 4: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

Don't care what others say... BEST SONIC CARTOON!!!

Author: Toni (soniccats@aol.com) from PA, USA
31 December 2000

Yes, you may think I'm out of my mind, but I really_DO_love this cartoon!

So it isn't as serious as the one on ABC. That's what makes it funny! I like silly sitcom things! And it isn't attempting to be like a serious show or do anything dramatic... it's out there to be funny! And it does a pretty good job at it too!

And for those who prefer SEGA's storyline over what the SatAM one created itself, then I recommend this cartoon to you. Sure the animation is kinda... ick! But still, if you look at it the right way, you may end up liking this show. ^^

To underrated

Author: SuperMunchems69311420 from Magical Fantasy World
5 October 2002

I don't get what people have against this show. Everone says that the other one on ABC is better, but I disagree. This show lived up to the video game a lot more. None of those damn freedom fighters were in the video game, and all of the main characters in this show (with the exception of Scratch) were in the game. Knuckles even made an appearance once in this show. And making Dr. Robotnik more comedic was a great. And being a big sonic fan, this show offered a lot that it's predecessor didn't.

Best show ever!

Author: (nickrocks437@gmail.com) from Carson City, NV
12 June 2015

This show is seemed to be one of the best yet! I am a huge fan of Sonic and this show. I respect it for it's creative storyline , its funny plot, and fun, well, everything! I like the broad spectrum of talented voice actors (I think Jaleel White should be the next voice actor for Sonic after Roger Craig Smith), and the memes it brought us (used in YTPs, clever!). I also like SatAM (which came on the exact same time, and even got Jaleel White to voice Sonic) and Sonic Underground (Jaleel's a lucky man, he's got post-Family Matter's fame, you could hear Urkel's voice in Sonia in that show) for the same reason. You need to bring this show back on the air.

Great for what it is

Author: Jude Austin (judasfm@writing.com)
18 September 2005

I remember watching this when I was a kid. It was on Channel 4, Sunday at 9am and I used to watch the programs for about two hours beforehand so I would be sure not to miss it. Is it really that good? It was to me, and still is.

People comment that the humour is very slapstick in this. They're right. But so what? Pantomime is slapstick and nobody complains. Why? Because it's an accepted part of the show. I think the same goes for this one.

Is it better than Sonic X? Tough one. I'm a huge fan of Sonic X (mostly because I happen to be a huge fan of Knuckles, although I do love the series for its own sake). I don't see how you can reasonably compare the two of them; Sonic X is good for older viewers, while the slightly younger ones will probably enjoy this one more. The one thing that bugs me a little that I don't remember bugging me when I was younger (the age thing again) was the way that occasional episodes would ram the moral down your throat. Example: in Subterranean Sonic, after Sonic and Tails rescue the miser mole, he turns to them and says something like, "Oh, I can't thank you enough for showing me the error of my ways!" and then the three of them walk into the sunset together. Corny? You betcha. But so what? These incidents are few and far between, and if you're too old to be affected by them, you're not too old to laugh.

People who slam this are most likely used to the straighter story lines of Sonic X or can't remember what it was like to be eight or nine years old and watching this. No, it doesn't have particularly deep or engaging story lines. But since when does a twenty minute cartoon for kids really need them? On a closing note, it features the ultimate Robotnik. Long John Baldry's voice was absolutely perfect for this character; it's such a shame he wasn't able to participate in any other Sonic productions.

Bottom line; it's great. I doubt it'll get you on the edge of your seat unless you're aged about ten or under, but Sonic fans can still enjoy it.

Less serious

Author: Op_Prime from Ardmore, PA
9 January 2000

This Sonic cartoon premiered around the time the Sat. morning cartoon that aired on ABC started. But while the ABC series was more serious, this show was more wacky. It was less serious and had more cartoon violence. All in all, it was a good show and was funny. Really recommended.

Good fun

Author: chrisantoniadis from London
29 November 2015

As a child growing up loving sonic, it came as a shock when my mum broke the news to me about there being a sonic cartoon soon to come out, I was totally in shock just to hear what he would sound like, when I finally watched it I was hooked, I ended up getting the first 3 VHS sets that came out and still have them! But having recently found the episodes online I decided to see how it stood the test of time, and I honestly didn't remember it being so hilarious! What a blast, sonic is so mischievous, and grounder and scratch who I saw as 2 annoying pests that ruined the show are really funny, I'm 29 now, so seeing this as my grown up self makes me happy to know as s youngster I watched this stuff, sure the background art is bland, the animation isn't very good, but the show has character, the VA's do a good job, sonics voice is spot on for how id imagine him to sound, and he's cool for a cartoon character, doesn't suck at all. Very nostalgic too.

My story

Author: PPGKatelyn from United States
1 October 2005

When I was 3 or so than I discovered Sonic the Hedgehog and loved his Series so much that I was wanting to see a TV series about him. When I was 9 than I got Toon Disney and saw that there was Sonic the Hedgehog TV show on there and I wanted to see it so one morning than my Mom woke me up and told me that Sonic was on so I watched it and it was The Space Sonic one and I enjoyed it. The second one I ever saw was "Baby Sitters Jitters" and I thought it was hilarious because of the scene where Robotnik is taking a shower and the part where Robotnik had his drill machine because it looked like a repainted version of the boss in Sonic 2's Emerald Hill Zone. I started watching the show every night for a year than one day than Gargoyles was on instead so I had to watch AoStH late at night instead (witch made me not get to see it very much) than one day than Toon Disney got more new shows, I looked for AoStH and I saw that it was gone. After that than I never got to see it again until I was 12 when I saw a website where you could watch some episodes but than after a year than the site died. That's all.

AoStH

Author: winged_loner from United States
6 June 2006

Its pretty easy to see why they changed this show with the larger cast and much darker and continuing story of the SatAM series. This show was far too comical to deal with the very real motive that Sonic the Hedgehog has on people. And that is freedom and what people are willing to do to get it. It was funny, I'll give it that, but Sonic's WHOLE attitude wasn't fully realized here. The characters were given an overhaul with this one and it was welcomed, but I don't ever believe that Sonic thought that Tails was an annoying nuisence. Robotnik's 'Master plans' in this one truly poke fun at his immaturity, but he really is a very clever planner. In SatAM, this was fully realized and captured, actually making him a major threat rather than a walking joke.

Sonic

Author: tails-6 (tails@prontomail.com) from Florida
21 July 2000

This was one of the worst Sonic Shows ever made! Ben hurst came and did the Great Sonic ABC series. Sonic Underground was ok but I would recommend the Sonic ABC one.......Maybe because I would know. I'm a Sonic Fan!

It's OK but the other Sonic cartoons were better

Author: SonicStuart from Kansas City, MO
27 February 2004

I liked this cartoon because I am a really big fan of Sonic but I liked the other Sonic cartoons but at the same time I have mixed feelings about this cartoon. This one I thought was hilarious because this it's a comedy cartoon but still the action Sonic cartoons stay true to the character. But when I first looked at this show I said that this show is not Sonic the Hedgehog behavior! So in this cartoon, Sonic was kind of an odd mix between Bugs Bunny and Road Runner in this cartoon. But I really think it's funny this cartoon where Sonic makes all these funny disguises and outsmarting Dr. Robotnik's stupid but yet funny robots, Scratch and Grounder! This cartoon is alright but I'll pick Sonic SatAM and Sonic Underground anyday.

Page 3 of 4: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]