IMDb > "The Addams Family" (1992) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Addams Family" More at IMDbPro »

Brings Back Childhood Memories

Author: Ginger87 from New York City
24 August 2004

I remember watching this show when I was 5 years old. I loved to watch the original series with my dad and I loved this one as well. I remember watching it everyday it aired and I remember being very upset if I ever missed it.

Like in the original series every character was funny. My favorite episodes were: "Jack and Jill and the Beanstalk", "Dead and Breakfast", and "Beware of Thing". Those episodes were classics and I wish I had them all on video.

In conclusion, this was a great cartoon series. I miss it and I wish it lasted longer. I give this series 9/10 stars.

Great show!

Author: Mike-2000 from PA
24 May 2000

I've been watching this cartoon since I was 3, And I loved this show! I loved the wild spooky gags! This is the best Addams family show ever made! This show is good!, Unlike that crappy new show on the Fox Family channel!

Watch the show, You'll love it! Trust me! This show is to DIE for!

Watch it on Cartoon Network. Check local listings for days and times.

Stupid yet entertaining!

Author: Christopher Smith
15 June 2001

Anyone who has seen THE ADDAMS FAMILY movies will know that all the humor comes from the darkness of it all. That same fact remains in this animated series that continues the spooky adventures of the Addams family. Though it has been edited down for kids, it still is a lot of fun and is very funny. The animation is a little flat, but that does not matter. What matters is that ABC came up with one of the greatest cartoons ever made and sold the rights to Cartoon Network so now I can watch it every single day when I get home from school.

A great show

Author: TheLittleSongbird from United Kingdom
21 December 2011

I am a big fan of animated films and shows, and being also a fan of the 60s TV series, the 1973 Hanna Barbera animated series(even with its shortcomings) and the Barry Sonnenfeld movies, I revisited this show after so many years. And even with moments of flat animation especially in the backgrounds and instances where the neighbours are on the annoying side, this show is a lot of fun, with a cool theme tune, interesting story lines that aren't too reliable on being predictable and slap-sticky and some very witty and funny jokes that are true in tone to the 60s series and 90s movies and thankfully not the overly-childish ones of Addams Family Reunion and The New Addams Family. Not to mention such wonderful characters, I especially loved Morticia here, such a sexy vamp don't you think? The voice acting is very good too, with John Astin being a bonus. In conclusion, great. 9/10 Bethany Cox

Funny and yet...

Author: SpideyTerry from Ardmore, PA
17 April 2000

This show was a cartoon that aired on Saturday mornings on the ABC network. It was very funny but not quite as good as other Addams' shows. True, this show had a lot of creepy jokes and sight gags like the movies and other shows, but some things I felt were not needed here. Most notably the annoying neighbors. This show could have done without them. Catch the reruns on Cartoon Network.