IMDb > Lucky 13 (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Lucky 13 More at IMDbPro »

To be fair, this is not the worst movie ever but definitely way below average

Author: ArtistGrl
11 May 2005

I wasn't sure whether to watch it or not, but since a few people here did give it 8-10 stars (die-hard Lauren Graham fans I guess), I decided to see it anyway.

And well - don't believe them - I don't remember the last time I was so bored! the naysayers weren't exaggerating one bit! the plot never develops, the acting is worse than in "Days of Our Lives", everything feels completely forced and unreal, very poorly-edited, and it's just not funny at all (seriously, I find more humor in watching the news). The only nice scene they could think of - Zach throwing souvenirs into the water, was overdone so much that it made me feel they were only trying to justify the price of the underwater cam, which frankly wasn't worth it.

3 stars are only because it was not completely antagonizing or patronizing, and because the soundtrack was pretty nice, especially if you like 80s music.

A Lauren Graham mistake

Author: blambert-4 from United States
5 December 2007

Like many folks I got this movie because Lauren Graham was in it (my Wife's a huge fan of Gilmore Girls)but this movie is terrible and Lauren must have been out to lunch when she decided to do it. First the lead characters are all supposed to be twenty somethings getting ready to leave the nest,but everybody in it is 35 or older and looks idiotic trying to play 21. The lead guy Brad Hunt is a total loser and you wonder why any woman much less Lauren Graham would want the guy. His partner who advises him on women is an even bigger loser than he is and is at least 40! I kept waiting for this movie to be funny or interesting but it was neither. The only positive thing to say for this film was the music. The songs were more interesting than the characters. Lauren Graham is in the movie maybe 15 min tops so don't waste your time if your looking for a good film she might have done between seasons of GG.

This is a romantic comedy with funny moments but one which lets the viewer down bigtime

Author: Amy Adler from Toledo, Ohio
1 November 2006

Zach and Abbey have been neighbors forever. Almost as long, Zach has been in love with Abbey, at least since she asked him to join her on the seesaw long ago. Now, they are 27 and Abbey is about to fly away from the roost. A gifted artist, she is heading for NYC. Zach runs an auto mechanic shop and still lives at home with his folks. However, he is stunned by Abbey's potential desertion and makes up his mind to marry her. After setting up a date at a nice restaurant, Zach gets the idea that he may have better luck with his proposal if he asks former girlfriends what his faults are. As he goes from lady to lady, he learns more than he wants to, at times. But, will his acquired knowledge help him make time with Abbey? This is a fun movie for most of the duration. Zach's former girls, including a dominatrix babysitter and a spin-the-bottle alliance, provide mirth in big doses. The actors are attractive and humorous and the production values quite welcoming. However, viewers may be let down toward the end of the film. In romantic comedies, this is a very serious offense. Do take time to find the film if you are a romcom nut. It has some good ideas and fun times, even when it is veering off course.

Nothing Happens

Author: enjay_ from United Kingdom
17 April 2005

As I watched this movie, I kept thinking, maybe something will happen....I was wrong. This movie was not interesting at all (unless you have a really elementary sense of humour). And at the end, we are at the same place as at the beginning. The main character chases down all of his old girlfriends to find out why they broke up so that he can use this advice on a date with the love of his life who is moving away. The advice doesn't work. And it ends like that, very anticlimactically. There is no character development throughout the story, and all of the characters are very one-dimensional. Some people find that funny, but I personally don't.

Flat out horrible

Author: defconone from United States
25 July 2005

This movie was so bad that I'm embarrassed to even be spending any more time thinking about it. For your own good STAY AWAY, it was horrible. All the roles were miscast. All were too old. All were trying too hard to be funny. Brad Hunt looks like he's on drugs the entire time. His hair looks so bad that it's distracting. All I could think of the entire time was WHY would Lauren Graham do this film? Why, why why? If I could give the movie no stars I would of but that isn't an option. If I could give the movie negative stars I would . The story is awful. The ending was even more awful. The other users that gave it so many stars, I can only imagine were somehow involved with making the film. I would rather spend an hour and a half at the dentist than watch this again.

Fluff

Author: BlackRabbit from Australia
24 May 2006

Switch your brain off, relax and don't expect too much especially when it comes to a satisfying ending; that's what's in order if you are prepared to waste some time watching this piece of formulaic fluff. There's a few mildly funny moments among the telegraphed plot points but they can't save this dog from the leads stale acting and sub-par production values overall.

Watching this flick I couldn't help but feel like I was being subjected to a script developed by someone who perhaps was the perennial dunce in writing classes at Adam Sandler University. Whilst we're not subjected to anything pretentious, this film should have been able to offer more.

A disappointing try at an interesting storyline

Author: funkymonkey_11 from United States
23 October 2005

When I saw this at the store, I thought it looked like a cute idea with a decent cast. I like Lauren Graham in Gilmore Girls, but she ended up having very few lines in this movie, much less any witty ones. Harland Williams, or as I know him, the hitchhiker Ted picks up in There's Something About Mary, has some humorous lines, but always seems rather out of place and and also not used to his potential--or maybe he's just a bad actor. Although the main actor is decent, I think the supporting actors do a better job overall of making their characters interesting for the audience. I think all the main characters were kind of dull. Anyway, don't get your hopes up for this one, but it is a decent lighthearted movie that's worth seeing if you don't have to pay for it.

WOW!! and that is not good...

Author: jml05 from United States
28 July 2005

This movie really put me to sleep. I how could Lauren Graham, Lorelai Gilmore let us down like this. Having nothing to do and thinking that a movie that contains Graham has to be interesting I thought that I would give it a try...but I was wrong. This movie goes through the life of a low life (sorry that might be harsh, anyways...) that looks up all his old girl friends, just so he can improve his dating status so he can ask Abbey out. The most interesting part had to be when he throws things into a lake...wow wasn't that wonderful. This movie was just disturbing. A teen that loses his virginity to his babysitter is just wrong. It took me many upon many days to finish it. Enjoy...the reason for the 2 stars is that the only light in this movie is Lauren. Other then that, it's a one.

Only, and I mean ONLY if you want to see Lauren Graham

Author: Ana_Banana from Romania
15 April 2007

The funniest thing about this movie is that there actually were people ready to put their money and work in it, and other people to buy tickets to see it. It's like a stupid teen comedy with overgrown actors/characters. The so-called actors read throughout their so-called lines expressing nothing but boredom. Imagine what a real writer and director would have done with the premise of this movie. The only exception and the only reason why I watched it is Lauren Graham, a really good actress with a bad agent, at least at that time. Did she read the script before? Was she in big debt? They forced her somehow? Why, why, why did she appear in such a horrible thing? Where is the role worthy of her? I gave this movie a 1, and that's only for the too few scenes with Lauren, otherwise it would have been a 0 (a big fat zero, that is).

It figures...

Author: white__shadow
18 March 2005

This has got to be the worst film I have ever seen. And I am willing to admit I enjoy a lot of really bad movies. There was really nothing redeeming about this movie. It had no pace, didn't go anywhere, didn't bother to develop anything, and wasn't funny. The best thing about this movie was Sasha Alexander's character chasing around the lead (who looked like he was asleep 90% of the time). I'm a big fan of Lauren Graham and Amanda Detmer as well but neither one was really given the opportunity to do anything for the movie. I can't fathom how anyone can be amused by Harland Williams and his dead-fish looks. But as proof of dead potential for this movie. I couldn't believe how many well known actors participated in this tripe. Need proof? Kaley Cuoco (of 8 simple rules fame) plays the ever-so-blah sister of the main character. What a waste of talent, time (both theirs and mine), and money (again, both the production company's and mine).