IMDb > Halloween: Resurrection (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Halloween: Resurrection

Halloween: Resurrection More at IMDbPro »

Page 10 of 61: [Prev][5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [Next]

surprisingly a really fun movie to watch

Author: LinkGoku from United States
16 February 2010

well i wasn't expecting anything special from this movie, but i was actually surprised, the story seemed somewhat thrown together but still half-ways interesting, the acting was good for saying that the only actors i recognized were Jamie Lee Curtis, Busta Rhymes, and Ryan Merriman.. the music was still good, and the whole idea though not a great one, was fun, i also thoroughly enjoyed the way they did the cameras, that was a genius idea.. i recommend this movie to anyone, and i don't understand why so many people don't like this movie, because its loads of fun to watch.. the movie may not have a great story or award winning actors, but its still surprising and fun, thus concludes my review of Halloween Resurrection

It's not all bad, but pretty bad...

Author: sandor-enckell from Finland
2 November 2009

Well, OK, I'm not a fan of the Halloween series, the only one I've seen other than this, is the first one. I'll say the flaws I noticed, while watching. 1) At the beginning, Laurie, is going to "kill" Michael. Now, is she stupid or something...? She has him hanging over a roof and thinks he will die when he hits the ground, when she 20 years ago expirienced stabbing him twice, seeing him get shot several times, falling off a balcony, and still be alive. 2) The acting was bad. 3) Sara, the maincharacter, screams at one time so loud that a glass breaks. This never happens again later in the film, which makes the scene: useless. 4) It was predictable, and you didn't really care if anyone died.

I bought this movie, and wanted to see a horror movie, and that was what I got. The only good things were that you got scared sometimes, the beginning with the great acting of Jamie Lee Curtis (even though she was stupid at the end of her scene), and I also liked the ending. It showes that Michael is not a usual psycho, he is the Boogey Man, something that is forever.

Should have ended after H20

Author: harmisjack from United States
24 October 2009

OK, I first got into Horror movies after seeing the remake of Rob Zombie's Halloween. I then got into the original Halloween franchise after the first one, which wasn't bloody, but we don't need blood to scare us. I then found out there were a bunch of sequels, and Saw Jamie-Lee came back in H20, and was in H:R which I saw got terrible reviews, which I found out why after watching the whole franchise, and especially after seeing how H20 ended. This film completely ruins the entire Halloween series. H20 ended the best way ever, and was even better because the main Halloween character (Jamie-Lee Curtis) ended it (at first). I feel like I'm Jamie-Lee from H20 after what happened 20 years ago, she couldn't get the horrible incident of her head. I can't get it out of my head knowing they made something like this unnecessary to keep it going. The remake of the first one should have been the only continuation. This movie has bad acting, bad story, and bad intro. This movie should be rated "T" for Terrible. I even prefer Batman & Robin over this crap! WHY RICK WHY?!? Did you have to do this? 1/10 (should be 0/10)

What a Waste

Author: abbychick41 from United States
17 October 2009

This is the only Halloween movie I've ever seen and most likely I'll never watch another Halloween movie after this one. Luckily I didn't rent this movie and it was on TV on Friday night so my money wasn't wasted on this movie. What I didn't like about this movie was the poor acting on some of the characters, the acting didn't convince me enough, it made me laugh a little. But most of all, I found Bianca Kajlich the actress who played Sara Moyer a weak screamer, she screams most of the time in the movie and every time she screams it just wasn't powerful, it wasn't convincing to me. It was just weak. Bottom Line, The Halloween Franchise is just a Waste of Time, even if the past movies might be better then Halloween: Resurrection you won't be finding me watching them. 1/10

Michael, Busta Move On!

Author: thesar-2 from United States
26 August 2009

It's not surprising the director of 'Halloween: Resurrection' also helmed 'II' as they both had Michael vs. Laurie, both succeeded the best of the Halloween franchise and they both sucked. Jamie! How proud I was to see you return to greatness in 'H20' only to (literally) fall into this mess. I hope you earned enough blood money. And after you read your only scene, how on earth did you agree to this storyline? Absolutely the worst, uh, resurrection of any franchise killer since 'Jaws: The Revenge' which told us the original's long-dead shark actually lived and followed by ocean the Sheriff's widowed wife down from New England to the Keys?? In this, they attempt to make us believe Michael switched bodies in the end of 'H20' and she killed the wrong man. If that were the case, wouldn't the victim simply take off his mask or do the universal "no" movements with his hand since he couldn't speak? And then Laurie doesn't ask this Michael to take off his mask since he's playing the same prank. But, I digress, that's just the first 17 minutes. You have the rest of the movie to hate as well. Reasons: Busta Rhymes (enuff said, but…) and his busta moves, a victim that's on the verge of death texts someone vs. dialing 9-1-1, an overbearing soundtrack and a normal human scream that breaks glass. Obviously they were trying to cash-in on the reality series/webcam boom of the time and bring Michael on camera for people at home (or in this case, just a party) to watch him stalk easy prey in a house that's insides seem like a 37-room mansion with enough hiding places for 6 killers. Do NOT waste your time; of the original series, stick with just #1 and 'H20.'

Wrong man...

Author: seveleniumus from Lithuania
15 August 2009

More like wrong movie. I mean how could there possibly been the wrong guy? He came after her, she hit him with a car, crushed him, he was still alive, he wasn't screaming, wasn't wiggling around, she took the shovel, looked him into eyes and took his head off – that WAS Michael Myers and by saying it wasn't movie fails as much as it's possible to fail. Anyways, if he wasn't ever killed, why this movie is called "resurrection" ? Is it like resurrection of the series? What's up with the crap in the beginning about doors to heaven/hell then? The main plot about teens investigating the Myers house however has nothing to do with this and, despite horrible acting, works pretty well, if you'll ignore the fact that this movie is ripping off too many horror flicks to count, that is. Watch it if you have nothing better to do, it's not really horrible, just stupid at most part, I wouldn't recommend it though.

Its passable....and i guess they had to move on at some point..

Author: shaney_boy1988 from United Kingdom
31 March 2009

After watching Halloween Resurrection I have decided to write a review which I don't normally do.

Where do I start? Well the first and most obvious point is how can there be another Halloween movie when Michael thought to of died in the previous one?! The answer to that is money... Yet again these film makers were speaking for the fans and thought they would want another Halloween movie and thought that this one would make big money. Well for the first part yes. I would imagine that the majority of the Halloween fan base would of liked another one but not actually see another one made! As for the second part.....No... This movie did poorly and thus the reason there hasn't been another sequel made since. You can now see why they thought it would be a good idea to revitalise the series by Re-Making the first one but this isn't about that so lets talk about the movie itself.

The first point I am going to make is what I made at the start of this review. How can Michael Myers still be alive after we presumed it was him that got his head cut off. This was the worst thing that put me off this movie when watching it. I do agree that the idea of which it was executed in order for Michael to still be alive was passable but there are so many reasons to explain why the paramedic, who was dressed by Michael, didn't just take the mask off and run away but I guess this is a movie and that does not count.....

The second part is the demise of beloved Halloween star Laurie Strode(Jamie Lee Curtis). When first looking at the DVD cover which shows the actors and of course Jame Lee Curtis, I presumed that Jamie would have a larger role in this movie. The idea of killing of the most important character in the franchise right slap bang at the start was a terrible move. This not only wasted peoples anticipation to see how she and Michael would unfold in the movie but also wasted peoples money who actually bought a ticket to see this on the big screen(who i feel sorry for). Why didn't they just have her in the whole movie and then died at the end because at least this way it shows that she put up a last ditch effort..does it not it?! Also I am led to believe that somewhere along the line the franchise has to move on. We cant and couldn't have the same protagonist always escaping until Halloween "H30" because that would and did get very old.

From H20 to Halloween(1978) and Halloween 2(1981) she had a good run but it was time to move on because after time the audience would start to question Michaels ability to kill just one primary person after chasing her for a long damn time (Story time) In my closing I would give this movie a 4 out of 10 because I am generous and didn't think this movie was that bad, it was just not everyones liking and I wouldn't recommend watching it more than 2 times.

Thanks for reading! :)

Or maybe it was all a dream

Author: Sandcooler from Belgium
1 March 2009

"Halloween H20" was a pretty worthy sequel, a bit slow but still pretty good. Then they just had to level the whole series again. I suppose there is some sadistic fun is seeing how these writers hopelessly try to bend the story their way, but mostly it's just insulting to the audience. I mean, the explanation they give to how Myers can still be alive is terrible. I have seen that Jason movie in which he is brought back from the dead by lightning and I went like yeah, could happen. This could not happen. It makes no sense. I don't expect a good plot from a slasher, but it would have actually been better if they had given absolutely no explanation. About the rest, this thing tries to make up for its story and I appreciate that. There aren't really any creative kills, but the way they're directed makes them look pretty brutal. It's a bother how Michael keeps getting stronger and weaker whenever the script demands it, but really that's a criticism I could give to any of them except for the first one. I like how this one doesn't even try to kid us, leaves the door wide open for a sequel. I just hope it won't have Busta Rhymes.

Below average

Author: bh_tafe3 from Australia
2 February 2009

Mike Myers gets his own reality TV show in this 8th movie of a Halloween series rapidly running out of steam.

Well, it's not actually Micheal's show it's just taking a bunch of people and putting them in his old house where "The Shape" picks them off one by one.

Good use is made of the "catch everything on camera" plot device and there are some nice hand-held camera shots of murders and chases. Like H20 this isn't really a Halloween movie. It seems completely out of place in the rest of the series and the viewer is better off viewing it as a separate film.

Some of the fanboys will be unhappy, Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis) is dispatched in the opening minutes of the film.

Not much of a story, not really much of an ending either. Some nice scares and creative kills though. Does the job I guess, and at least makes its own kind of sense.

The Worst Halloween ever!

Author: John Lindsey from Albuquerque New Mexico
5 January 2009

Five years has passed since the last movie, Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis) has been institutionalized after killing the wrong man whom she thought was her brother. Michael Myers however is still on the rampage as he confronts with her for the very last time, however back in Haddonfield a producer named Freddie Harris (Busta Rhymes) and girlfriend (Tyra Banks) hire some college students (Sean Patrick Thomas, Thomas Ian Nicholas, Bill Kay, Bianca Kajlich, Ryan Merimann, Katee Sackhoff, Luke Kirby Daisy Mccraken) to do a reality program on the net called DangerTainment. They wire cameras in the Myers home to do their program which could be very successful, unfortunately Michael is back as he terrorizes the reality WebTV crew.

The worst movie of the series! some people say it's "Halloween III: Season of the Witch" but no it's not, that movie which maybe unrelated was an experiment to turn the franchise into a big screen horror anthology. Some say it's "Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers" but that maybe bad but it had it's moments, now "Resurrection" is truly the worst and most embarrassing movie in the series. I do like the idea of a "Survivor"-esque reality show on the internet within the Myers house idea but the idea seem to got wasted by the bad acting, some miscasting, some lame killing sequences and a stupid fight sequence with Busta Rhymes kicking Myers's butt as he quotes "Trick or Treat Motherf*****". Rock Rosenthal who gave us the superb "Halloween 2" did a poor job of bringing back Michael to the screen as this movie nearly cripples the franchise no thanks to this dud.