IMDb > Halloween: Resurrection (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Halloween: Resurrection

Halloween: Resurrection More at IMDbPro »

Page 8 of 61: [Prev][3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [Next]

What a Waste

Author: abbychick41 from United States
17 October 2009

This is the only Halloween movie I've ever seen and most likely I'll never watch another Halloween movie after this one. Luckily I didn't rent this movie and it was on TV on Friday night so my money wasn't wasted on this movie. What I didn't like about this movie was the poor acting on some of the characters, the acting didn't convince me enough, it made me laugh a little. But most of all, I found Bianca Kajlich the actress who played Sara Moyer a weak screamer, she screams most of the time in the movie and every time she screams it just wasn't powerful, it wasn't convincing to me. It was just weak. Bottom Line, The Halloween Franchise is just a Waste of Time, even if the past movies might be better then Halloween: Resurrection you won't be finding me watching them. 1/10

Wrong man...

Author: seveleniumus from Lithuania
15 August 2009

More like wrong movie. I mean how could there possibly been the wrong guy? He came after her, she hit him with a car, crushed him, he was still alive, he wasn't screaming, wasn't wiggling around, she took the shovel, looked him into eyes and took his head off – that WAS Michael Myers and by saying it wasn't movie fails as much as it's possible to fail. Anyways, if he wasn't ever killed, why this movie is called "resurrection" ? Is it like resurrection of the series? What's up with the crap in the beginning about doors to heaven/hell then? The main plot about teens investigating the Myers house however has nothing to do with this and, despite horrible acting, works pretty well, if you'll ignore the fact that this movie is ripping off too many horror flicks to count, that is. Watch it if you have nothing better to do, it's not really horrible, just stupid at most part, I wouldn't recommend it though.

Its passable....and i guess they had to move on at some point..

Author: shaney_boy1988 from United Kingdom
31 March 2009

After watching Halloween Resurrection I have decided to write a review which I don't normally do.

Where do I start? Well the first and most obvious point is how can there be another Halloween movie when Michael thought to of died in the previous one?! The answer to that is money... Yet again these film makers were speaking for the fans and thought they would want another Halloween movie and thought that this one would make big money. Well for the first part yes. I would imagine that the majority of the Halloween fan base would of liked another one but not actually see another one made! As for the second part.....No... This movie did poorly and thus the reason there hasn't been another sequel made since. You can now see why they thought it would be a good idea to revitalise the series by Re-Making the first one but this isn't about that so lets talk about the movie itself.

The first point I am going to make is what I made at the start of this review. How can Michael Myers still be alive after we presumed it was him that got his head cut off. This was the worst thing that put me off this movie when watching it. I do agree that the idea of which it was executed in order for Michael to still be alive was passable but there are so many reasons to explain why the paramedic, who was dressed by Michael, didn't just take the mask off and run away but I guess this is a movie and that does not count.....

The second part is the demise of beloved Halloween star Laurie Strode(Jamie Lee Curtis). When first looking at the DVD cover which shows the actors and of course Jame Lee Curtis, I presumed that Jamie would have a larger role in this movie. The idea of killing of the most important character in the franchise right slap bang at the start was a terrible move. This not only wasted peoples anticipation to see how she and Michael would unfold in the movie but also wasted peoples money who actually bought a ticket to see this on the big screen(who i feel sorry for). Why didn't they just have her in the whole movie and then died at the end because at least this way it shows that she put up a last ditch effort..does it not it?! Also I am led to believe that somewhere along the line the franchise has to move on. We cant and couldn't have the same protagonist always escaping until Halloween "H30" because that would and did get very old.

From H20 to Halloween(1978) and Halloween 2(1981) she had a good run but it was time to move on because after time the audience would start to question Michaels ability to kill just one primary person after chasing her for a long damn time (Story time) In my closing I would give this movie a 4 out of 10 because I am generous and didn't think this movie was that bad, it was just not everyones liking and I wouldn't recommend watching it more than 2 times.

Thanks for reading! :)

Or maybe it was all a dream

Author: Sandcooler from Belgium
1 March 2009

"Halloween H20" was a pretty worthy sequel, a bit slow but still pretty good. Then they just had to level the whole series again. I suppose there is some sadistic fun is seeing how these writers hopelessly try to bend the story their way, but mostly it's just insulting to the audience. I mean, the explanation they give to how Myers can still be alive is terrible. I have seen that Jason movie in which he is brought back from the dead by lightning and I went like yeah, could happen. This could not happen. It makes no sense. I don't expect a good plot from a slasher, but it would have actually been better if they had given absolutely no explanation. About the rest, this thing tries to make up for its story and I appreciate that. There aren't really any creative kills, but the way they're directed makes them look pretty brutal. It's a bother how Michael keeps getting stronger and weaker whenever the script demands it, but really that's a criticism I could give to any of them except for the first one. I like how this one doesn't even try to kid us, leaves the door wide open for a sequel. I just hope it won't have Busta Rhymes.

Below average

Author: bh_tafe3 from Australia
2 February 2009

Mike Myers gets his own reality TV show in this 8th movie of a Halloween series rapidly running out of steam.

Well, it's not actually Micheal's show it's just taking a bunch of people and putting them in his old house where "The Shape" picks them off one by one.

Good use is made of the "catch everything on camera" plot device and there are some nice hand-held camera shots of murders and chases. Like H20 this isn't really a Halloween movie. It seems completely out of place in the rest of the series and the viewer is better off viewing it as a separate film.

Some of the fanboys will be unhappy, Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis) is dispatched in the opening minutes of the film.

Not much of a story, not really much of an ending either. Some nice scares and creative kills though. Does the job I guess, and at least makes its own kind of sense.

Halloween: Re$urrection

Author: hypostylin from SoHo, NYC
31 December 2007

Halloween: Resurrection is so rife with unoriginality (even the title is a rip-off of dozens of other bad horror sequels) and ineptitude -- from the acting to the storyline to the cinematography -- that I don't even know where to begin. It is an absolute mystery how Moustapha Akkad allowed the series to go from H20 to this mess, which isn't even up to par with a Sci-Fi Channel Original Movie. True, Akkad, rest his soul, was transparently in the Halloween series for the money, but even he had his standards -- or so I thought.

Director Rosenthal, no longer under the tutelage of John Carpenter and Debra Hill like he was when he helmed the decent Halloween II, can't even get the opening title sequence right (is that Arial Black I see?) and relies on a tepid John Wayne Gacy knockoff and an oh-so- convincing decapitation with a kitchen knife for scares. Even back in 2002, he was way late with all the reality TV/webcam gobbledygook. The film's premise plays out like your Great Aunt Gladys trying to sound hip and with the technological age because she managed to buy a tea cozy on eBay all by herself.

It is best not to talk about Jamie Lee Curtis' involvement in this, so as not to exacerbate matters. After giving us the perfect ending to the series in H20, she was shackled to this project due to contractual obligations. Her character's undignified opening fifteen minutes are even more of a disgrace to the series than that awful Druid storyline in Part 6.

What a disaster.

No No No No No

Author: ged_white72 from United Kingdom
9 September 2007

What an awful movie directed by Rick Rosenthal who directed Halloween 2 which i thought was awesome. I guess some directors lose there touch. I mean it was good with Michael dying in H20 but they have to go and make it a paramedic and keep Myers alive and then they changes deaths in h20 Laurie kills Myers this one Myers kills Laurie. This means there probably gonna make a sequel soon because i heard Tyler Mane signed for another Halloween so after he does that one they may do a sequel but what storyline do they have i wonder probably that it was a Laurie Strode look alike and shes still alive (dont laugh thats basically what they did with this one).

I give this piece of junk a 3 out of 10

Avoid!

Author: chucknorrisfacts
5 September 2007

"Halloween: Resurrection" should not have been made. The series would have ended on a high note, if only it had been left with "Halloween H20: Twenty Years Later". You would've had Laurie Strode coming out on top after finally putting a stop to her brother, Michael Myers.

Instead, her character meets her demise in about the first ten minutes of the film. After having Laurie escape death after numerous encounters over a twenty some odd year span it was quite heartbreaking to see her character meet her end, and such an unceremonious one at that.

Once its established Laurie is dead and she's not coming back, there's really no reason to continue watching the film. The rest of the movie focuses on a group of teenagers who after winning a contest must spend the night in Michael Myers' childhood home while being broadcast on the Internet for the entire world to see.

Among the weakest entries in the series, the only films worse than this are Rob Zombie's new remake and "Halloween III: Season of the Witch". Unless you're a die hard fan, I'd say stay away from this one.

What was once a great franchise starts to show it's age

Author: monstermayhem32 from United States
6 August 2007

Halloween Resurrection is by far one of the worst boring and uncreative Halloween sequel ever created. The series should have ended with Halloween H20 since the series would have had closure with Laurie Strode finally facing her fear of her brother Michael Myers and finally killing him for good. Instead the filmmakers attempt to cash out the franchise for all it's worth and doesn't even attempt to at least create an interesting story and characters that the fans care about like Halloween 4 did with Jamie Lloyd and Rachel Carruthers who were excellently played by Danielle Harris and Ellie Cornell. The Story follows three years after H20 in which Laurie is now in Smithsgrove sanitarium for killing a paramedic in which she though was Michael. Michael returns and eventually kills off his sister, one year later a company called Dangertainment plans to have a internet live show in the Myers house which Michael returns to Haddonfield to kill off the unwanted guests. the acting in this film is horrible, and the character are a bunch of dumb pot heads, who are completely clueless of who Michael Myers is. Despite a well famous cast like Tyra Banks, Sean Patrick Thomas, Busta Rhymes, Jamie Lee Curtis, and Thomas Ian Nicholas the films suffers from many plot holes. The only good things about the film is Michael Myers's mask, the house, and Jamie's performance of Laurie Strode who is clearly tired of fighting Michael and is very beaten down and worn out.

Good concept but failed

Author: FilmFanInTheHouse from Berkshire, England
21 July 2007

Halloween: Resurrection (2002, Dir. Rick Rosenthal)

Serial Killer Michael Myers is not finished with Laurie Strode, and their rivalry finally comes to an end. But is this the last we see of Myers? Freddie Harris and Nora Winston are reality programmers at DangerTainment, and are planning to send a group of 6 thrill-seeking teenagers into the childhood home of Myers. Cameras are placed all over the house and no one can get out of the house... and then Michael arrives home!

When i first heard about this, i thought the concept was brilliant. Each character given a video game and sent into Michael Myers. Unfortunately, the idea didn't turn out too well. The film started off fantastic with the Halloween theme leading into the death of Laurie Strode, and then after that, the film just died. I actually found the acting in this film quite bad. The stars just could not fit in with the story and it's concept. Busta Rhymes character for me was the worst individual in this film. His acting came across very poor and seemed to best fit in a cheap, rip-off, straight to DVD movie. Once they entered the house, they should have really kept the film to the hand held cameras. The film would have been a lot more scary and more interesting if it didn't switch to an actual camera for the death scenes. If your a Halloween fan, you might as well watch this, to complete this series. If you don't fancy watching it, at least watch the first quarter, as this is how the series should have really ended.

"Kick his a$$! Kick his a$$! Kick his a$$!" "Who's better than Wat Chun Lee?" "Whoopin' everybody a$$ while he's smokin' a cigarette." "Oh, $hit. Who's knockin' on my door this late?" "Whoever this is is distracting me from seeing Wat Chun Lee whoop some a$$." - Freddie Harris (Busta Rhymes)