IMDb > Halloween: Resurrection (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Halloween: Resurrection

Halloween: Resurrection More at IMDbPro »

Page 6 of 61: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [Next]

Michael Myers on Fear Factor

Author: kga58 from United States
12 November 2005

This movie is a good time waster, no more. The first mistake was the ridiculous explanation of how Michael is STILL alive, but OK I'll go with it. The next and for me unforgivable mistake is killing off Jamie Lee Curtis' character of Laurie Strode. She is as much to credit with the success of the HALLOWEEN series as is Michael if not more so. Her presence in the lead role in H20 lifted that film above mediocre status. To kill her off in the first 10 minutes was inexcusable. She is the only one who can properly end the series hopefully with an assist from son John. Of course she IS the sister of the unkillable one. Maybe it runs in the family? The casting of Busta Rhymes is yet another screw up. He is nothing but irritating and his constant stream of M.F.s is tiresome and offensive. This is good dialogue?! They throw in a girl whose emotional extremes make things go haywire in the auditions, then do nothing with it. That at least could have been something different, but maybe they were afraid it would look like a ripoff of F13TH THE NEW BLOOD'S Tina. On the plus side it was good to see a reasonable facsimile of the Myers'house, not the more traditionally haunted house looking one used in H4 and H5. They got that right. What made the house frightening was its ordinariness. Also it was funny when the real Michael came mask to mask with the pretend Michael. A little more should have been done with that for comic relief. A time waster--nothing more.

...scary...pfft...i think not.

Author: Devil_Boy_80 from Australia
18 June 2005

I'll make This Review Short And Sweet The Movie starts off great falls apart in at least the first 10 minutes...boooring...almost as bad halloween 3...in fact i'd probably rather watch Halloween 3 than this.

Michael Killed Laurie and then goes home and randomly kills off people in his house did he somehow forget about other remaining family members john strode, Kerri strode, Danny strode and Jamie's son Steven.

This Halloween film was not scary and i was quite disappointed

It was boring and the acting was dumb and corny...really i think they are making the series begin to go downhill i just hope Halloween: Bloodline is good.

This Halloween is my seventh favorite Halloween film

Loose Ends

Author: boomcar61 from United States
9 January 2005

This film isn't awful, it's just pointless. They only made it so they could kill off Jamie Lee's character!! I was surprised to see familiar faces as well since it is the eighth installment. Another thing I also didn't like was director Rick Rosenthal doing this film because as we all know he is notorious from Halloween 2 for killing characters "off screen". Bad approach this late in the series.

Anyway I gave it a 4 out of 10 because it still is a "guilty pleasure" in the tradition of the rest of the eighties and nineties horror films that we have all come to enjoy(or at least accept). I'm also interested to see which direction the ninth installment approaches because there are a lot of loose ends in this series EX: Josh Hartnet's character, Danielle Harris' baby, and now Bianca Kalich! They should work on those elements before opening up more and more boggling plots! I liked the Reality TV spin-off though.

Not the best, but not the worst, either.

Author: scott-sw from United States
11 January 2008

Halloween Resurrection is one of those movies that is hard to recommend, but also hard to dis as well. It has some hits and misses, obviously inconsistent, but bearable none-the-less. As a real sequel, it follows H20 several years later when Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis) is now in a mental institution. She has gone permanently crazy. Michael Myers, as to no surprise, shows up to finally do her in. At this point, it seems Halloween Resurrection could have stopped. Not so fast. A crazy reality television producer wants a new reality show. He has several people spend the night in the home of Michael Myers in Haddonfield, Illinois. This is to the chagrin of the town, as well as the resident. After all, this is Michael's home. In any case, the bleached William Shatner mask makes its return to take-out the unwanted guests. There are a few tense moments that give us a little scare, and a little suspense. Still, this is not true to the Halloween myth. Even looking at Halloween 4, 5, and 6, as well as the official trilogy of 1, 2, and 7, Michael Myers has a vendetta against relatives. Once they are eliminated, the rage should be gone. As for this one, there is no "reaching" out to the person trapped inside the pathological, methodological madness. That is what really brings this movie down to the real "slasher" level. There is no depth of character the Shape offers in previous roles. Worse, there is no protagonist with the relationship. We had Laurie for one set, and Dr. Loomis and Jamie in the other. In other words, there is no real "hero." Finally, just as in H20 (and the remake), there is no guts in release date. This movie is called Halloween. So why is it released in the summer? Apparently, producers had no confidence in the king of Halloween. In any case, this one was not a total washout. But it's not the top of the heap either. So for a mediocre, horror movie, this is it. If you want the true Halloween mythos, look elsewhere.

Worst Halloween movie ever.

Author: richusa555 from usa
20 September 2004

This movie was completely terrible from beginning to end. I don't know what was more irritating the terrible acting of Busta Rhymes or the mindless dialog of the other no-talents. What really p*ssed me off was that the movie was never scary, not even once. After a few minutes into the movie I could tell right away it was going to be boring and predictable and man was it ever. This is real proof that a movie can still be made without talented writers or actors. If you want to rent this movie because you enjoyed the first movie don't waste your time. This crappy movie was made for a very young audience and not for the older fans of this series. I should have never rented this movie. I made a huge mistake, oh man never mind. Iam mad at myself for watching all of it. Why? why?

Wow...

Author: shawny11_2001 from Fort Collins, CO
18 July 2002

And I thought it couldn't get worse after Jason X. I was more wrong than I ever imagined. Jason X was at least funny as hell if you were drunk and saw it as a comedy. I figured I'd do the same for this, and what a waste of a good Tuesday evening.

The entire prologue was boring and incredibly laughable. And it was a shame to see Jamie Lee Curtis in this Hollywood trash. And what a waste of the only character in this film that was interesting. But in the eventual sequel (unless this flops worse than Jason X) we'll see another contrived prologue explaining how Laurie Strode cloned herself and sent the clone after Michael. Busta Rhymes is 100x more times laughable than he is on MTV. The other actors and actresses aren't even worth mentioning, considering that they all must've been paid in kilos of cocaine to do this trash heap. Go see a good movie instead of this.

A SORT OF HOMECOMING

Author: george.schmidt (gpschmidt67@gmail.com) from fairview, nj
18 July 2002

HALLOWEEN – RESURRECTION (2002) ** Busta Rhymes, Bianca Kajlich, Thomas Ian Nicholas, Katee Sackhoff, Daisy McCrackin, Luke Kirby, Sean Patrick Thomas, Tyra Banks, Ryan Merriman, Billy Kay, Brad Loree, Jamie Lee Curtis. Umpteenth sequel to the indefatigable horror franchise reviving unstoppable homicidal evil Michael Myers (Loree-who manages to use his eyes to full visceral effect behind the William Shatner trick-or-treat mask) with the premise involving a slick talking website entrepreneur Rhymes enlisting six young adults (read: idiotic victims-to-be) to spend the night in the madman's childhood home while being filmed during a live web cast with the usual carnage ensuing in predictable ho-hum manner. Trivia note: film's director Rick Rosenthal returns 21 years after his big screen debut with the series' first sequel – go figure.

This movie sucks

Author: greenhair77 from United States
28 September 2003

This is definitely not a movie I want to waste any more time or money on. It is totally dissapointing compared to the rest of the Halloween series. There are only three good movies that came from the Halloween series:Halloween, Halloween 2, and Halloween H20. This installment is a disgrace, almost as bad as Halloween 3: Season of the Witch. If you have to see this movie, wait for T.V. if ever.

The sequel that ruined the franchise

Author: DaysFan79 from USA
26 February 2003

I have always been a huge "Halloween" and Michael Myers fan. I have enjoyed every one except the most recent installment, "Halloween Resurrection." The "Halloween," movies have always been suspenseful and well scripted and they did not need all the typical blood and gore like so many other horror movies. That's what made "Halloween," different. It had a good story going. I admit the opening sequence with Jaime Lee Curtis was good, as she always is, but the rest of the movie is nothing but a waste of time. The acting is horrible. Michael even gets to chop a head off with his butcher knife. How fake is that? Bascially, it's about a bunch of college kids spending the night inside the famous Myers house trying the find the reasoning behind Michael's madness. Something I thought we had already covered in Halloween 6. But as it turns out, it was all just a set up. The use of all the camera's (an obvious Blair-Witch rip off) is enough to make you want to vomit. This movie is a disgrace to the "Halloween," franchise and to the fans. Without Donald Pleasence or Jaime Lee Curtis, this franchise is as good as dead.

Booorrrrrrring

Author: Matt..377 from United States
20 December 2002

The latest in a long line of superfluous sequels that nobody asked for concerns Michael Myers returning....again. And killing a bunch of teenage dummies.....again. Eighth HALLOWEEN entry has nothing new whatsoever to offer. The kill scenes aren't even vivid or imaginative. The brief topless scene is the only thing this trite slasher flick has going for it. Skip it and rent the original and number four.

* out of ****