IMDb > Halloween: Resurrection (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Halloween: Resurrection

Halloween: Resurrection More at IMDbPro »

Page 5 of 62: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [Next]

...scary...pfft...i think not.

Author: Devil_Boy_80 from Australia
18 June 2005

I'll make This Review Short And Sweet The Movie starts off great falls apart in at least the first 10 minutes...boooring...almost as bad halloween 3...in fact i'd probably rather watch Halloween 3 than this.

Michael Killed Laurie and then goes home and randomly kills off people in his house did he somehow forget about other remaining family members john strode, Kerri strode, Danny strode and Jamie's son Steven.

This Halloween film was not scary and i was quite disappointed

It was boring and the acting was dumb and corny...really i think they are making the series begin to go downhill i just hope Halloween: Bloodline is good.

This Halloween is my seventh favorite Halloween film

There needs to be a Remake of this Film

Author: Joshua Pennington (joshnkentucky) from United States
14 May 2005

I did not like that Laurie strode had to be killed in Halloween ResuRRedtion after being the main character i think that when this film was made they should have not killed her instead keep her in the whole movie this movie really reminded me a lot of Halloween 6 and how Jamie loyd from H4 and H5 was killed it really did not fit at all it needed to be Redone just like Halloween 6 Needed to be Redone they both were the not so good Films in all of the Halloween series if it were to be Remade it would need to have Jamie lee cuRtis in it before it would Really be a Fantastic film to me Really i thought of how they killed Jamie loyd from Halloween 6 and introduced Brand New characters why would they do this to a Really horrific horror film series why should they mess with it when it already a good series to view on video and DVD for the first time...................

Loose Ends

Author: boomcar61 from United States
9 January 2005

This film isn't awful, it's just pointless. They only made it so they could kill off Jamie Lee's character!! I was surprised to see familiar faces as well since it is the eighth installment. Another thing I also didn't like was director Rick Rosenthal doing this film because as we all know he is notorious from Halloween 2 for killing characters "off screen". Bad approach this late in the series.

Anyway I gave it a 4 out of 10 because it still is a "guilty pleasure" in the tradition of the rest of the eighties and nineties horror films that we have all come to enjoy(or at least accept). I'm also interested to see which direction the ninth installment approaches because there are a lot of loose ends in this series EX: Josh Hartnet's character, Danielle Harris' baby, and now Bianca Kalich! They should work on those elements before opening up more and more boggling plots! I liked the Reality TV spin-off though.

Average at best

Author: Bumperklever from Breda, The Netherlands
27 January 2003

After watching Halloween:H20 some time ago I didn't expect very much of Resurrection, but since I'm a fan of the horror/slasher genre I watched it anyway. After all the Hellraiser series is also reviving with the releases of both H5: Inferno and H6: Hellseeker so there's no reason why the Halloween series couldn't take a turn for the better.

The start of the movie actually got me excited but after the first 20 minutes or so the quality of the plot dropped rapidly. Resurrection's plots exploits 2 completely different ideas. On the one hand it tries to make some sort of ethical statement about reality-TV and the TV-stations who are exploiting people for pure profit, on the other hand Rick Rosenthal just tried to put in as much gore as possible to keep the fans happy. The plot stays very superficial throughout the movie and for those who have watched their fair share of slasher movies it isn't hard to predict the outcome of the movie when you're not even halfway trough it.

The man with the white mask has a lot of screentime in this one which isn't bad at all. Without his regular appearance you wouldn't be able to know if you were watching Resurrection,Scream 4 or I still,still know what you did last summer ! The whole movie is just an average teenage horror movie. Scream was exciting but after all the ripoffs and spinoffs we have seen it all. Teenage horror is just as dead as it was before Scream's release and the fans are desperately waiting for some fresh ideas.

The cast is young,enthusiastic and trying to make the best of it except for Busta Rhymes, who is the perfect example that not all rappers are also good actors. His performance is an absolute joke; was it that hard to find somebody with at least some talent ?

Those who are looking for some easy entertainment can't go wrong with this movie. There are body-parts,enough blood and a few twists to keep those who are new to the genre on the edge of their seat. The diehard fan will be disappointed however and it's once more the proof that legends like Michael Myers and Jason Voorhees have become pure cash-cows for Hollywood. I can only advise the people who plan to spent cash on this one to look around carefully if they can't find any of the true slasher-classics (from the 80's) before you take Resurrection to the checkout-counter.

great job with the music

Author: carloarias from Bogotá, Colombia
4 November 2002

I think you can tell the director´sinclination for a TV like thriller. The flow and the rithm of the movie is OK, but it´s like you are watching a TV series. The music and the sound effects are very helpful, nothing shocking about the images. it could be better.

How to kill a serial killer...

Author: dickyork (bruce.s@virgin.net) from Leeds, England
27 October 2002

Apparently the new way to kill a movie serial killer is to get some dodgy rap artist (in this case Busta Rhymes) to add some tension destroying quips and then perform some karate on the b****rd. But this is Michael Myers for gods sake...he's a movie legend. Come on, out of all the 70's generation slasher movies Halloween was the first and most powerful, mostly because of how *serious* Myres was about going about his business - he was the freaking BOOGYMAN! Resurrection follows on from the O.K.ish H20 (which managed to totally forget the other 4 sequels to the franchise after Halloween 2 (not forgetting the Michael-less III)) with a diabolical opening scene starring Jamie Lee Curtis. She gets the hell out of dodge and things go downhill rapidly. The excellent John Carpenter score is used in a completely cursory way once again - no one seems to understand how exactly it managed to add to the awesome tension in the first films closing sequence.

Look, basically, it's a waste of a great movie serial killer legend. At the age of 14 Halloween scared the hell out of me, since then most Halloween movies (good, average or bad) have still chilled me when that blank masked freak hits the screen - Resurrection left me bored and oh so disappointed. Busta Rhymes versus Michael Myres...oh we all know damn well the rapper would get rapped.

Why do they write such scripts?

Author: (ultralisk@earthlink.com) from Lansing, MI
16 July 2002

The movie starts off, plainly. There's few ideas in the opening scenes and we've seen them all before, and we'll even see them AGAIN in this movie. As it progresses it does at least start off with the action and continue it well. The death scenes are nothing compared to the recent Jason X, and seeing as this movie only has its death scenes going for it, quite disappointing. Many points in the movie I found myself saying "Did they actually just put that in the movie?". The only thing that stopped me from walking out was Busta Rhymes, and only because I had the inclination he knew the movie was a joke too. It added some very needed but very unintended laughs at the end. 4/10, stay away and go rent Halloween 1 or 2.

Not the best, but not the worst, either.

Author: scott-sw from United States
11 January 2008

Halloween Resurrection is one of those movies that is hard to recommend, but also hard to dis as well. It has some hits and misses, obviously inconsistent, but bearable none-the-less. As a real sequel, it follows H20 several years later when Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis) is now in a mental institution. She has gone permanently crazy. Michael Myers, as to no surprise, shows up to finally do her in. At this point, it seems Halloween Resurrection could have stopped. Not so fast. A crazy reality television producer wants a new reality show. He has several people spend the night in the home of Michael Myers in Haddonfield, Illinois. This is to the chagrin of the town, as well as the resident. After all, this is Michael's home. In any case, the bleached William Shatner mask makes its return to take-out the unwanted guests. There are a few tense moments that give us a little scare, and a little suspense. Still, this is not true to the Halloween myth. Even looking at Halloween 4, 5, and 6, as well as the official trilogy of 1, 2, and 7, Michael Myers has a vendetta against relatives. Once they are eliminated, the rage should be gone. As for this one, there is no "reaching" out to the person trapped inside the pathological, methodological madness. That is what really brings this movie down to the real "slasher" level. There is no depth of character the Shape offers in previous roles. Worse, there is no protagonist with the relationship. We had Laurie for one set, and Dr. Loomis and Jamie in the other. In other words, there is no real "hero." Finally, just as in H20 (and the remake), there is no guts in release date. This movie is called Halloween. So why is it released in the summer? Apparently, producers had no confidence in the king of Halloween. In any case, this one was not a total washout. But it's not the top of the heap either. So for a mediocre, horror movie, this is it. If you want the true Halloween mythos, look elsewhere.

Worst Halloween movie ever.

Author: richusa555 from usa
20 September 2004

This movie was completely terrible from beginning to end. I don't know what was more irritating the terrible acting of Busta Rhymes or the mindless dialog of the other no-talents. What really p*ssed me off was that the movie was never scary, not even once. After a few minutes into the movie I could tell right away it was going to be boring and predictable and man was it ever. This is real proof that a movie can still be made without talented writers or actors. If you want to rent this movie because you enjoyed the first movie don't waste your time. This crappy movie was made for a very young audience and not for the older fans of this series. I should have never rented this movie. I made a huge mistake, oh man never mind. Iam mad at myself for watching all of it. Why? why?

Not sure what to think.....

Author: ichobodcrane from edinburgh
14 August 2003

Let it be known. I love Halloween. Ever since I saw it as a teenager I've been quite obsessive about it. The music, the mask and Donald Pleasance have never been far from my mind so rating Resurrection has been very tricky.

Let it also be known that I loved 2 and even 3, hated 4, despised 5 loathed 6 and adored H20. So again this made Resurrection trickier still.

I think the best way to do this is via pro's and con's.

Pros:

Link to H20 was very well handled indeed. The mask is the best it has been since number 2. Busta Rhymes was most entertaining. Michael on the whole was very effective. (Maybe too mush emphasis was used on him studying death).

Cons:

The beginning was poor. Laurie Strode was too important for it end like that. I felt nothing for any of the victims. I almost felt sorry for Michael, having these idiots in my house would have driven me to murder. The end was awful. We should at least be left with the uncertainty of whether he is dead or not.

So in the scheme of things Resurrection is fifth best out of eight.

That boiler suit must be stinking by now!!!