IMDb > Halloween: Resurrection (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Halloween: Resurrection

Halloween: Resurrection More at IMDbPro »

Page 11 of 62: [Prev][6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [Next]

No wonder the series was rebooted, this was the crash in the system

Author: jwtrox08706 from Louisville, KY
8 December 2006

A lot of people may think that Halloween 5 is the least effective film in the whole series, but Halloween: Resurrection is a close second to that. Putting Busta Rhymes and Tyra Banks in this film...fail. Busta Rhymes brings two aspects to this film that do not belong in a Halloween film...hip hop arrogance and kung-fu. I like hip hop music, and I sure as hell love to see kung-fu. However, I do NOT want to see kung-fu in a Halloween film. I don't want to see Busta Rhymes making his stupid @$$ comments in a Halloween film. Tyra Banks: a role model to many. Personally, I just think she's annoying, now. She certainly has no place in a Halloween film. What else about this film shoots itself in the foot? Sean Patrick Thomas is a good actor. He was great in movies like The Barber Shop and a lot of teen movies during the '90s. Where he does not fit in is a Halloween film. Just, no. I can't explain it. Thomas Ian Nicholas is a similar situation. I thought he was hilarious in the American Pie films (and I love the original three American Pies), and he was good in Rookie of the Year. Does he belong in a Halloween film? No. He just didn't fit into the whole equation. I think one shining performance, which isn't saying a whole lot, because the acting in this film is not convincing, comes from Bianca Kajlich. She's good at being absolutely petrified and running from Michael. However, who the hell decided that it was a good idea to hire an actress for a leading female role in a Halloween film when she can't scream? That's right. She can't scream. So they had to ADR screams into the film for her in post production. In retrospect this film should never have been made. Halloween H20 was where it should have ended. Laurie beheaded Michael, and that was that. However, they just had to go back and use the holes in the time line between Michael falling through the table after being stabbed repeatedly by Laurie and the time that he gets tagged, bagged and put into the meat wagon as a means to come up with a very shaky situation to explain how Michael had survived that night. It's all bull$hit. Apparently an EMT went into the school, got his larynx crushed by Michael, and Michael switched clothes with him. So in all the confusion, Michael walks away, free to kill again, and a helpless EMT gets beheaded by Laurie. She gets institutionalized, and ultimately gets killed by Michael after a botched attempt to kill him when he finally decides to come after her. Horrible, just horrible. You know when the PC freezes because Windows f-cking sucks, and then finally it just crashes? Well, that's what this movie is, pretty much. However, there is one cool thing about this film. The use of webcams adds an interesting aspect to this film. Rick Rosenthal directed this, and he also directed the original Halloween II. So, he recycles some gags and features that he utilized in Halloween II. The webcams are very reminiscent of the security cameras and monitors in the hospital in Halloween II. Bianca Kajlich (Sarah) slips and falls on a huge puddle of blood, much like Lance Guest did in Halloween II. There are others in the film, but I thought I'd just mention the two most prominent ones. Overall, this film is very ineffective and weak when compared to many of the other Halloween films. I give it a 3 out of 10.

Even better than the original (or all others). *Spoilers*

Author: Ozzy_Rotten from United States
5 December 2006

*Spoilers* Glorious. The acting, the editing, the humor, all completely original. The first Halloween doesn't even begin to compare with this. Halloween Resurrection is by far the most superior Halloween movie ever made. No story line, just people being slashed to death on live feed over the internet. Completely original horror scenes, such as one where this girl goes looking around even though she doesn't want to be there at all, and gets slaughtered because she did something dumb. Brilliant writing. I couldn't have planned it better.

How about the acting, and BUSTA RHYMES!!! WOW!!! Who cares about the previous movies, this one is all about the hip hop and the shiz niz on the diz wiz! SHANIZZLE! What a wonderful touch to the movie. Something the original writers wouldn't have ever done (what with the time they spent trying to create a plot and all that stuff).

There are other scenes where people get killed, and act with only the up most skill and ability they possess. The acting is simply something of true wonder when you watch it, and you'll be saying to yourself "Oh My GOD, What the-" because its that good. The same goes with the unpredictable plot, MAN was it something...

Yes, Halloween Resurrection should be viewed by anyone who wants a new Halloween movie.

Halloween Resurrection

Author: troy3806 from Australia
29 April 2006

This movie was just made for more money i think Laurie Strode should not of being killed because she is the main star. I think H20 should of ended it by killing her brother BUT NO it wasn't her brother. And NOW their making HALLOWEEN 9 just for money if you watch the deleted scenes on HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION they whack a Axe in his head and he's dead, People need money don't they. Some Think Michael Myers should of stopped in HALLOWEEN 2 but others say no way. I think H20 and Halloween 5 The Revenge of Michael Myers are the best. Laurie Strode is Michael Myers 57th victim out of 62. This movie is alright. When they find the head it looks different it's just the head not the head and neck. The mask is different but still looks cool.

Halloween has come and gone

Author: ApolloBoy109 from United States
9 November 2005

This piece of junk was designed to remove money from our wallets and place it firmly in Lady Jamie Lee Curtis Guest's pocket. She deserved it. There is no reason on earth this should have been made. It was a very dull script to begin with and the director Rick R. populated it with even duller, vapid performers. Outside of Curtis, I knew no one, and frankly believe they'll never amount to anything anyway. Though I understand the first 10 minutes were there to establish a link between this piece of trash and H20 -- I disliked it tremendously. The set up -- a bunch of mindless students share Micheal Myer's house on Halloween with cameras in every room, and no one on the outside sees anything weird until well into the third reel. It is sad that such a great franchise has finally -- and again -- scrapped the creative bottom of the peanut butter jar. I rented this for a buck, along with some good movies. I suggest you do the same. Halloween has come and gone and Laurie killed Micheal once and for all (of us) in H20.

So bad it's hilarious.

Author: Jack from Minnesota, USA
31 October 2005

I really enjoyed this movie. It reminded me a lot of the Scary Movies that the Wayans brothers put out, except with the genuine Halloween theme music playing. It's a complete parody of itself, made all the more hilarious by the fact that the film makers didn't seem to realize it. Whenever that rapper appears on screen, I was just in stitches. Is it possible that they didn't realize this guy can't even spell the word "act"? This goes WAY over the top of anything the Wayans put in their movies. The only problem was that these folks couldn't write characters that were half as likable or interesting as those in the Scary Movies, yet those characters were intentionally paper thin clichés. Oh well, it's not like anyone cares anyhow.

what was this?

Author: audrey-18
28 October 2005

First of all I'm a huge fan of the Halloween series i love scary movies especially the Halloween series. thats why i cant stand this movie first of all I've seen them all Halloween,2,3(dont watch it),Return of Michel Myers,5,6 and H2o and i love them all except this one because A.its dumb what installment of Halloween would have a concept like staying in Micheal myers old house as a OnLiNe reality show especially one with a name like dangertainment and whats with Busta rhymes character doing all that weird Karate crap in fact only one thing added to the story anyway and thats that Laurie Strood "finally" got killed but that was within the first thirty minutes(i would of saved it to the end)and that crazy phsyco patient forget all about Halloween 4,5and 6 he was listing off the kills and only talked about 1,2 and h20 as if the other movies didn't count and there's been a lot of times they killed Mike over the and he always lives but being Electrocuted come on he cant be alive anyway overall the movie was the worst in the series even worse than Halloween 3 that had nothing to do with the rest of the movies and as a die hard Halloween fan i admit i despise this movie and hope the next one is way better.

The worst in the series before the remakes.

Author: Steve Donnachie from United States
18 October 2005

I remember when this movie came out a lot of people including me were excited but wondered how it could even be possible. Considering the events of H20 with Michael Myers getting killed due to decapitation. I thought this would be very confusing and would need to be explained. I was glad that the Laurie Strode character was braught back and they explained the whole story that it wasn't Michael Myers but a paramedic that Michael switched places with. And Laurie Strode was put into a insane asylum. But then when she was killed off too easily by Michael Myers in the beginning of the film no sooner did the film go downhill.

The opening story goes like this. Some teenage kids are picked in some contest to spend the night in the Myers house where Michael Myers once lived. It was some goofball reality show decided to hosts the contest and pick teenagers to go into the house. Needless to say this was a early silly plot. While the Myers house did look slightly dark and would fit almost with Michael Myers being a killer, I just couldn't see the logic of this story. This film has way too many downsides to it.

1. Weak plot. I never could understand why Michael Myers killing Laurie Strode was at the start of the film. In H20 Michael had to break into someones home and find the info on where she was located and living. In this film he just shows up at the hospital where she was. No explanation as to how he did this. And Laurie Strode got killed way too easily. I think she should had been more active in the film considering she was traced back to the very first film. And to kill her off that easily and that quick just didn't do it for me. And while the back story to Michaels survival was interested and it did show Michael wasn't just a killer in a mask but very smart and cunning, why didn't the guy who he switched places with just take off the Michael Myers mask and reveal himself to Laurie before she killed him? Yeah he couldn't talk but he still could remove his mask. Couldn't he? 2. I never saw the logic how Haddonfield would let some reality show let kids into a killers house like that. And there were no police officers there to keep things safe. I thought with a well known killers past, their would have been tons of police outside the Myers house. And did you notice house the house was so easily axcessable? People could just walk into the house. 3. I didn't like Michael Myers in this film. He didn't have the dark creepy presence he did in previous films. He was just a guy in a mask. That's it. It didn't have the same feel. 4. Busta Rhymes. Up until this film I didn't even know who the hell this guy was. But I found his character really annoying. The whole using kung fu on Michael was so stupid and pointless and made Michael look very stupid. This was a attempt by the film maker to add comedy to Michael Myers. In other words it made fun of him. This is a rule you never break in a series because it makes the killer look very weak and foolish. This is why Paramount Pictures said to the director of Friday the 13th part 6 Jason Lives. The director was told do not make fun of Jason by putting him into situations of comedy and corniness. And that's what the director of Halloween Resurrection did with Michael. 5. And during the scenes where people were watching the whole thing in the Myers house go down and people getting killed why didn't anyone try to call the police? Or how no one in the neighborhood even heard what was going on.

This movie just didn't do it for me. I thought with Jammie Lee Curtis in the film it would be more exciting and have a Halloween feel to it. But to kill her off and mislead the fans was just insulting. This movie didn't have the Halloween feel to it. They could have done a better job with this film but failed. I don't know if this film is worse then the Rob Zombie remakes but overall it wasn't a good film. Pass on it

Now that's dangertainment!

Author: Avram Jarek Fawcett from Mineral Wells, Texas
16 October 2004

H20 was a good way to end the series, but they wanted more money! So they threw this one in and....

Well, ya wanna see dangertainment? It's great! Onw would think they would really mess up on this one, but it's all good. The whole Dangertainment thing is just like reality TV. Michael's mask is a little overdone here, but it does look cool. As usual, there's some people who take The Shape head on. This time, however both of them get somewhere. The two backs dudes in the film keep their pimp hands strong with a couple of smacks to Mikey. The Dangertainment producer really gets into the swing of things with kung-fu action. ("Happy Halloween Motherf___er!"). This does take away from Michael a little though. Isn't he supposed to get ALL the carnage?

Actually there is a problem. This movie follows along the curse Scream (despite it's glory) brought to use in the nineties and still today in b-movies like Dark Harvest and Bloody Murder). There's no serious scare to the movie. It's too...fun! Halloween 6 was hardly a fun movie, it was darker than hell! One can't help but wonder if the formula of this movie will carry on the next one, which they are planning as I write this. If so, it's possible, almost certain in fact, that the Halloween films will be reduced to silly and campy horror cheese. Of course, maybe I'm fretting too much. Get the latest Halloween, get yerself some popcorn and get nice and cozy. This little romp will keep you warm.

Here's to debauchery with knives!

It's OK

Author: Brianh0401-2
6 October 2004

This is definitely not the best one in the series but it's not the worst. All of the Halloween films without Jamie Lee Curtis sucked.

SPOILERS! SPOILERS!

Alright, I knew that Jamie Lee would probably get killed in this one but why did they have to have the whole kids in the house thing. It was completely ridiculous. After, Jamie Lee dies what more is there to say, Michael wins. Well I heard that they're making a part 9 and I really think in this one that Jamie Lee should surprise every one and come back and kill Michael once and for all. I mean seriously everyone wants to see Laurie Strode kill Michael.

Grade- C-

Michael's back and slacks!!!

Author: Facehugger2K8 from New York, NY, USA
17 June 2004

Michael Myers, one of the original boogeymen of our time is back for more in this pointless and disgusting sequel, which is the ninth one in the series. Many will agree with me that this series should have stopped after H20. H20 showed a whole new side of Laurie Strode, played by Jamie Lee Curtis, as she stands up to her brother after 20 years of running away from him. The movie ends with her giving up, what is believed to be her brother at first, and chops his head off, eliminating the terror and overcoming her fear. Halloween Resurrection completely kills that psychology as it is explained that it wasn't Michael Myers' head that was chopped but one of the paramedics, whom Michael put his mask on. Michael comes back after Laurie, after she was put in a mental institution.

The first ten minutes of the movie are good, full with suspense and tension, as Laurie runs away from Michael again. The reason why H20 was unique is because it was one of those rare movies (the Alien franchise, just to name a few), where the women is not represented as the sensitive damsel in distress, and she is the protagonist in the movie. Halloween Resurrection brings back that mentality as Laurie goes to take off Michael's mask to make sure that it was him, as she cries and shakes with terror. Michael then grabs her and pushes her off the building, where our hero dies. All these movies where there are more than three sequels grow worse as the movies go on. They are riddled with sex, drugs, alcohol and grown men and women playing teenagers, who can't act for s**t. They are pointless and are not worth $10 for a movie ticket or more than $20 on DVD.