IMDb > Halloween: Resurrection (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Halloween: Resurrection

Halloween: Resurrection More at IMDbPro »

Page 11 of 60: [Prev][6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [Next]

Even better than the original (or all others). *Spoilers*

Author: Ozzy_Rotten from United States
5 December 2006

*Spoilers* Glorious. The acting, the editing, the humor, all completely original. The first Halloween doesn't even begin to compare with this. Halloween Resurrection is by far the most superior Halloween movie ever made. No story line, just people being slashed to death on live feed over the internet. Completely original horror scenes, such as one where this girl goes looking around even though she doesn't want to be there at all, and gets slaughtered because she did something dumb. Brilliant writing. I couldn't have planned it better.

How about the acting, and BUSTA RHYMES!!! WOW!!! Who cares about the previous movies, this one is all about the hip hop and the shiz niz on the diz wiz! SHANIZZLE! What a wonderful touch to the movie. Something the original writers wouldn't have ever done (what with the time they spent trying to create a plot and all that stuff).

There are other scenes where people get killed, and act with only the up most skill and ability they possess. The acting is simply something of true wonder when you watch it, and you'll be saying to yourself "Oh My GOD, What the-" because its that good. The same goes with the unpredictable plot, MAN was it something...

Yes, Halloween Resurrection should be viewed by anyone who wants a new Halloween movie.

H20 shot this movie's potential skyward, and then...It crashed.

Author: theshadow908 from London, Ontario
20 May 2006

Halloween: Resurrection takes place 3 years after H20. It is discovered that Laurie Strode beheaded the wrong man, and Michael Myers is still on the loose. Michael ends up finally killing Laurie, and the story moves on. A group of eager college kids join a reality web cast to spend the night in the house of Michael Myers. Unbeknownst to them, Michael is living under the house, and he doesn't want them there. This sequel sucks because it doesn't even fit in with the rest of the movies. Every movie was about Michael Myers' quest to kill all of his family members and those who get in his way. Nothing happens in this movie that's important, except he finally kills Laurie, which was a BIG mistake. The rest of this movie is filler. Michael Myers killing people just to make the audience cheer. And the audience doesn't cheer, trust me.

The acting in this movie sucks. It features the corniest acting I've ever seen on film this side of Friday the 13th Part VII. Busta Rhymes lacks any acting talent whatsoever. Every time he opens his mouth a stupid line comes out, and it's actually annoying. I also hated how his character knew karate just from watching kung fu movies, and he beats the crap out of Michael Myers. I have to say though, the reason this movie gets a 3 instead of a 1 is because it had one memorable scene where Michael is facing Busta Rhymes dressed as Michael, and Busta Rhymes mistakes Michael Myers for someone in his staff, and he reams Michael out. It gives you a bit of a laugh. The female lead in this movie lacked everything needed for a female lead in this type of role. She wasn't a good actress. She was completely unable to react to situations.

You might as well just skip this Halloween movie since it has nothing to do with the rest of the series and probably won't be mentioned in any subsequent sequel.

Halloween Resurrection

Author: troy3806 from Australia
29 April 2006

This movie was just made for more money i think Laurie Strode should not of being killed because she is the main star. I think H20 should of ended it by killing her brother BUT NO it wasn't her brother. And NOW their making HALLOWEEN 9 just for money if you watch the deleted scenes on HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION they whack a Axe in his head and he's dead, People need money don't they. Some Think Michael Myers should of stopped in HALLOWEEN 2 but others say no way. I think H20 and Halloween 5 The Revenge of Michael Myers are the best. Laurie Strode is Michael Myers 57th victim out of 62. This movie is alright. When they find the head it looks different it's just the head not the head and neck. The mask is different but still looks cool.

Maybe we should have left it dead.

Author: AngryChair from Brentwood, USA
23 December 2005

Teens gather in the old Myers house, complete with internet camera equipment, when who should show up but the owner!

Pretty laughable sequel certainly doesn't come close to the previous Halloween H20 (1998), but I suppose we really didn't expect a Halloween movie with Busta Rhymes to be THAT good anyway. Granted though, it does have some entertaining parts. The best sequence is really the opening with the cameo by beloved Jamie Lee, who does a nicely humorous turn in her brief appearance.

Resurrection isn't a completely dead film, it really just suffers from some unnecessary silliness. Even still, it's only for the die-hard Halloween fans.

** out of ****

Halloween has come and gone

Author: ApolloBoy109 from United States
9 November 2005

This piece of junk was designed to remove money from our wallets and place it firmly in Lady Jamie Lee Curtis Guest's pocket. She deserved it. There is no reason on earth this should have been made. It was a very dull script to begin with and the director Rick R. populated it with even duller, vapid performers. Outside of Curtis, I knew no one, and frankly believe they'll never amount to anything anyway. Though I understand the first 10 minutes were there to establish a link between this piece of trash and H20 -- I disliked it tremendously. The set up -- a bunch of mindless students share Micheal Myer's house on Halloween with cameras in every room, and no one on the outside sees anything weird until well into the third reel. It is sad that such a great franchise has finally -- and again -- scrapped the creative bottom of the peanut butter jar. I rented this for a buck, along with some good movies. I suggest you do the same. Halloween has come and gone and Laurie killed Micheal once and for all (of us) in H20.

So bad it's hilarious.

Author: Jack from Minnesota, USA
31 October 2005

I really enjoyed this movie. It reminded me a lot of the Scary Movies that the Wayans brothers put out, except with the genuine Halloween theme music playing. It's a complete parody of itself, made all the more hilarious by the fact that the film makers didn't seem to realize it. Whenever that rapper appears on screen, I was just in stitches. Is it possible that they didn't realize this guy can't even spell the word "act"? This goes WAY over the top of anything the Wayans put in their movies. The only problem was that these folks couldn't write characters that were half as likable or interesting as those in the Scary Movies, yet those characters were intentionally paper thin clichés. Oh well, it's not like anyone cares anyhow.

what was this?

Author: audrey-18
28 October 2005

First of all I'm a huge fan of the Halloween series i love scary movies especially the Halloween series. thats why i cant stand this movie first of all I've seen them all Halloween,2,3(dont watch it),Return of Michel Myers,5,6 and H2o and i love them all except this one because A.its dumb what installment of Halloween would have a concept like staying in Micheal myers old house as a OnLiNe reality show especially one with a name like dangertainment and whats with Busta rhymes character doing all that weird Karate crap in fact only one thing added to the story anyway and thats that Laurie Strood "finally" got killed but that was within the first thirty minutes(i would of saved it to the end)and that crazy phsyco patient forget all about Halloween 4,5and 6 he was listing off the kills and only talked about 1,2 and h20 as if the other movies didn't count and there's been a lot of times they killed Mike over the and he always lives but being Electrocuted come on he cant be alive anyway overall the movie was the worst in the series even worse than Halloween 3 that had nothing to do with the rest of the movies and as a die hard Halloween fan i admit i despise this movie and hope the next one is way better.

All Reality Shows should have Michael Myers

Author: peace63 from Valencia, Spain
28 October 2005

This Halloween sequel almost rates as a comedy. The teens are way past their teenage years. Katee Sackhoff as the most annoying member of the group gets her just deserts. The rest of the actors are equally appalling. Apparently because Busta Rhymes was playing the lead character, the casting director tried to assemble a cast that was a lot worse than he is in terms of acting. At least in this regard they succeeded. Tyra Banks plays an air-headed goof-ball quite well. Noboby else really stands out. Jamie Lee Curtis is in the movie long enough to finally get killed off (as she kisses her brother?). Not quite weird, just dumb.

The story develops around a reality show that is set inside Michael's old house. Anyone can pay to see the feed of the show on the internet, and part of the movie involves an audience of geeks that is watching and reacting to all the scary parts. I guess they represent the laugh-track factor. Eventually, one of the viewers starts sending one of the teenagers on their PDAs and that helps her escape from Michael a couple of times. This guy has a crush on the girl, but he never makes his move and is content to just send her e-mails as she walks away with Busta.

Since Busta Rhymes wanted to maintain his image as a tough gangsta, there are several ultra-macho tough-guy speeches that he directs at Michael before beating up on The Face. Not a very realistic, interesting, scary, or entertaining movie. It isn't even funny.

The worst in the series before the remakes.

Author: Steve Donnachie from United States
18 October 2005

I remember when this movie came out a lot of people including me were excited but wondered how it could even be possible. Considering the events of H20 with Michael Myers getting killed due to decapitation. I thought this would be very confusing and would need to be explained. I was glad that the Laurie Strode character was braught back and they explained the whole story that it wasn't Michael Myers but a paramedic that Michael switched places with. And Laurie Strode was put into a insane asylum. But then when she was killed off too easily by Michael Myers in the beginning of the film no sooner did the film go downhill.

The opening story goes like this. Some teenage kids are picked in some contest to spend the night in the Myers house where Michael Myers once lived. It was some goofball reality show decided to hosts the contest and pick teenagers to go into the house. Needless to say this was a early silly plot. While the Myers house did look slightly dark and would fit almost with Michael Myers being a killer, I just couldn't see the logic of this story. This film has way too many downsides to it.

1. Weak plot. I never could understand why Michael Myers killing Laurie Strode was at the start of the film. In H20 Michael had to break into someones home and find the info on where she was located and living. In this film he just shows up at the hospital where she was. No explanation as to how he did this. And Laurie Strode got killed way too easily. I think she should had been more active in the film considering she was traced back to the very first film. And to kill her off that easily and that quick just didn't do it for me. And while the back story to Michaels survival was interested and it did show Michael wasn't just a killer in a mask but very smart and cunning, why didn't the guy who he switched places with just take off the Michael Myers mask and reveal himself to Laurie before she killed him? Yeah he couldn't talk but he still could remove his mask. Couldn't he? 2. I never saw the logic how Haddonfield would let some reality show let kids into a killers house like that. And there were no police officers there to keep things safe. I thought with a well known killers past, their would have been tons of police outside the Myers house. And did you notice house the house was so easily axcessable? People could just walk into the house. 3. I didn't like Michael Myers in this film. He didn't have the dark creepy presence he did in previous films. He was just a guy in a mask. That's it. It didn't have the same feel. 4. Busta Rhymes. Up until this film I didn't even know who the hell this guy was. But I found his character really annoying. The whole using kung fu on Michael was so stupid and pointless and made Michael look very stupid. This was a attempt by the film maker to add comedy to Michael Myers. In other words it made fun of him. This is a rule you never break in a series because it makes the killer look very weak and foolish. This is why Paramount Pictures said to the director of Friday the 13th part 6 Jason Lives. The director was told do not make fun of Jason by putting him into situations of comedy and corniness. And that's what the director of Halloween Resurrection did with Michael. 5. And during the scenes where people were watching the whole thing in the Myers house go down and people getting killed why didn't anyone try to call the police? Or how no one in the neighborhood even heard what was going on.

This movie just didn't do it for me. I thought with Jammie Lee Curtis in the film it would be more exciting and have a Halloween feel to it. But to kill her off and mislead the fans was just insulting. This movie didn't have the Halloween feel to it. They could have done a better job with this film but failed. I don't know if this film is worse then the Rob Zombie remakes but overall it wasn't a good film. Pass on it

I don't know if people know when to hang it up....

Author: Tristan (xiomar___) from South Carolina, United States.
13 July 2005

I'm not going to be too harsh on this movie. It's not the absolute worst sequel in a horror movie series I've ever seen, but eh... they should have stopped a long time ago. =\ The majority of long-standing horror movie series (Elm Street, Friday the 13th, etc.), all typically fell along the same lines with the sequels. The famous villain would come back, cause hell, and when you think they'll finally put an end to it, they choose to hint at the end that "It isn't over yet." 24 years after the reign of terror began, they chose to keep the legend alive.

Don't let Michael Myers wind up like poor IL' Freddy. Put him to rest. He's already a legend. His day's done.

4/10.