IMDb > Halloween: Resurrection (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 2 of 61:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [Next]

Halloween 8 misses the mark big time

Author: WILL KRUK from Australia
11 January 2006

Halloween 8 Resurrection should really entitled Halloween 8 destruction of a franchise or how to kill a franchise in 90 minutes. Halloween 8 is an awful movie that is devoided of any orginality or redeeming qualties (Trya Banks is smoking hot, but is little more than an extra with a line or two). Halloween 8 spits on everything that previous movies have worked hard to preserve since John Carpenters genre inventing original, the worst Halloween 8 actually think's it has the goods.

H8 had an impressive budget (due to the healthy box office of the last film) but squanders it on actors that add nothing to the movie but prolong their own dismial carrers. Busta Rhymes actually proves a good leading man until becoming undone by his own ego, most of the other actors have tongue firmly pressed in their check and most phone it in. Jamie Lee Curtis deserves special mention as she almost displays hate for her iconic cult character and cant wait to put to the whole franchise in the past.

As a fan of the franchise the biggest problem I had was an arrogance to acknowledge previous movies in the series and tries to forge it's own path that leaves Michael Myers holding his dick in his hand. Halloween 8 Resurrection come across as a scream hybrid that wont satisfy casual fans or die hards and as the final reel fades out everyone will be thinking "That would never happen".

Godawful

Author: Richard Cross from Leeds, England
10 August 2003

Where to start? Hilariously bad acting? False scares? Plot ripped off from "My Little Eye"? More false scares? Shameless rewrite of the ending of H20? Yet more false scares? Tyra Banks? Busta Rhymes? BUSTA RYHMES???!?!

You won't believe what you are seeing.

Terrible! Garbabe! A disgrace and disappointment to fans!

Author: DaysFan79 from USA
29 October 2004

When I watched this, I was hoping it was a dream. I wish they would have ended the whole series after H20. The opening sequence with Jaime Lee was fun to watch - she is great in everything she does, we know that, but the rest of it was truly pathetic! Sadly, we no longer have Donald Pleasance who practically kept the films going. Jaime Lee is done with them. So what do we do? We cast a bunch of sorry unknowns who we don't have to pay much, plus a supermodel named Tyra Banks who has only a few lines, plus we put an Oscar worthy rapper (NOT!) in it that loves using the F-word every 2 seconds. The whole idea of using the cameras and a group of stupid, drunk kids at a Halloween party watching the whole thing on a pda/computer screen was so cheesy. And what I enjoyed about the Hallowen films up to this point was that they were cheese-free. The Blair Witch Craze is over - find something fresh guys! And the head chopping scene with the butcher knife was really ridiculous. I loved all the films up to this one. I like the direction they took with H4 and H5. H6 was OK. I hated that they cast another lame unknown in the role of Jaime Lloyd and then killed her off - another dumb idea! Danielle Harris should have been paid what she wanted. Anyway, John Carpenter is probably ashamed and disgusted by what they have done with this series if he watched H8 and I'm sure Donald Pleasance is rolling over in his grave. I hope H9 will be decent, but if they expect to do anything like they did in 8, I will not watch it and the series will be dead. Please let them have a decent plot and some real star-power with decent acting. Whoever came up with the idiotic ideas for this film really needs a hearty slap in the face for stupidity. Give us a break.

The worst movie, in an otherwise fantastic series...

Author: fury21 from United Kingdom
6 May 2005

I recently purchased an 8 Disc box set of all the Halloween movies. The only one, I hadn't seen, was "Resurrection". I had to see it, to see how the writers would get round the "oops, we decapitated him at the end of the last one...".... and I couldn't stop laughing. Michael Myers switched places with a Paramedic... I'd love to know where he keeps his spare masks? You'd think, that when he woke up in the van, he would have ripped his mask off, so Laurie would know that she had the wrong guy? Oh no...

And thus, is the beginning of a truly terrible addition to an otherwise successful franchise. We finally get closure between Laurie and Michael right at the beginning... but after all Laurie has been through, I didn't think she would be stupid enough to double check she had the right guy, especially when he was stalking her with a knife anyway..

Weak direction. Weak script. Weak cast. Busta Rhymes is obnoxious as Freddie Price, an entrepreneur of an internet web cast called Dangertainment, who selects 6 high school clichés to spend a night in Myers childhood home. OF course, Myers trashes the party, and offs people in a way that doesn't go with the Halloween movies. In earlier movies, the violence and the gore was kept to our imagination. We would see the events leading to it, the flash of a knife, and then we would imagine the rest. "Resurrection" has blood and gore like there's no tomorrow, and it felt like I was watching some tacked on slasher movie, not one of the many sequels to Halloween.

The Halloween movies were a rare franchise, that was intelligent, and always had the ability to shock, and entertain. The first movie sets the standards for all of todays slasher flicks. Halloween II was slightly dodgy with its story, and the pace was slow, but it was entertaining. Things dipped a bit in the late 80's, early 90's, but by H20, new life has been breathed into the series, and I thought things could only get better. How wrong I was.

I almost feel ashamed for watching it all the way to the end. Saying that, I will watch it again. It's Halloween after all, and every movie franchise has a bad turkey (Phanton Menace, Freddy Vs Jason, Any hellraiser movie after the third...) All in all, as long as your pi$$ed as a fart, you wont care, and will gladly cheer on Micheal as he slashes his way through 90 minutes of total torture.

Can I give this a 0?

Author: ivc7-1 from United States
27 October 2005

Not only is this the worst movie of the series(as well as the most unnecessary), it's one of the worst I've ever seen(out of thousands). Why Jamie Lee Curtis ever agreed to do this cameo, I have no idea. The plot is absurd. The idea behind how Meyers is not dead after H2O is mind-numbingly stupid. And from there, it gets worse. A live broadcast from the Meyer house on Halloween night with the great actor, Busta Rhymes? Oh, lord, why did I keep watching. Further taking the viewer into the depths of idiocy we get to see secrets in the Meyers' house and lots of neat places for a serial killer to hide. I'm still stunned this movie was ever made, after a fitting end in H2O, but it proves Hollywood will do anything for money. This movie is so bad at least six of the Friday the 13th movies are better.

Busta a NO NO!!!!

Author: squidconsumption
30 March 2004

This movie was horrible. What is up with Busta rhymes doing the karate kicks with the sound effects. I couldn't believe they would put him in a myers movie. It was hilarious seeing Busta karate kicking and wahhing. What the! They couldn't pick a better person? It is ridiculous how bad these movies get. If a person has their head chopped off (Mike Myers in H20) then how are they going to come back. If the creators were smart they would just leave the series alone and stop continuing it. It is only getting worse. When i was 4 and saw the first one i was freaked out. But if a 4 year old saw this one they would start cracking up. Come on. Can it get any worse? Should i have even of asked. If anyone liked this they must have been on serious meds.

The Worst Of The Worst!

Author: casjoz from Lebanon, Missouri
16 January 2004

This was the worst of the series by far, I'd rather have watched Halloween 3 again! If Busta Rhymes character was'nt in this it definately would've got a better rating from me! This character was a total ignorant,annoying as hell,I could'nt wait for him to get killed,now that would've made my day! I give this one a 1,only rent if you really want to lose 90 min. of your life.I have no idea what they were thinking when they made this garbage, that's right...they was'nt!

What an awful movie!!

Author: Richnlkhd
20 February 2003

I just can't stop trashing this crappy movie. Those pompous annoying teenagers were no more then cardboard character with too many lines. But what really sunk this movie was Busta Rhymes and the lousy performance by Tyra Banks. They could have found better actors at a community college. Spoiler!! That scene where Busta takes on Michael Myers then karate chops him thru the window. Please. Finnaly Michael comes back in his house and stab Busta until he collaspses dead -the highlight of the movie. I rejoiced thinking that boring ass clown was gone forever. But no, he gets to live again, his menacing attempts to act have been resurrected. He's up and around jumping and functioning as though nothing happened to him. Predictably he gets to kill Michael Meyers then calls him a motherf*cker for about the tenth time. Naturally his lines are all seasoned with that charming phrase whenever possible. The very final scene was also painfully predictable and quite dismal. After complety trashing the Michael Meyers series these idiots have the gall to suggest a sequel. Which washed up rap singer will they recruit for the next flop? M&M? Another thing is that mask. Busta must have stoled the original because Michael's mask looked terrible. Something was wrong it didn't fit right. This whole movie went wrong. Iam sorry I saw it.

A sad disgrace

Author: richard from Redding, California
20 February 2003

Having been a huge fan of the Halloween series I was sadly let down by the terrible acting, the screenplay, and the constant reference to the internet. The main star is a rap singer who can't act, and the rest of cast are annoying teenagers that are completely uninteresting. The ten minute introduction was acceptable, but the rest of the movie started and I was left wondering what the hell is this crap. Why did they make this movie? Instead of feeling scared I felt mad, and betrayed. Before long there all in his old house, and its one boring scene after another of long mindless chatter. When the hell is he going to kill all these little friggin snots. Finally the first ones gone. Good. Go get the next one. This was nothing like the original movie where you actually cared about Jamie Lee Curtis getting hurt let alone the sad chance of her dying. This movie bugs. Its almost impossible to watch.

Often stupid, sometimes clever, and completely unnecessary (SPOILERS ahead)

Author: TelevisionJunkie from Texas
13 July 2002

I fought the annoying crowd on opening night solely for Jamie Lee Curtis. The few trailers I'd seen led me to believe she was returning yet again as the heroine. Wrong. Instead, she has fifteen minutes (if that) of amazing screen time before being offed.... It seems the only reason she showed up was to set up why Michael was still alive (and their reasoning was less than satisfactory - it was asinine). It would have been interesting if, as I was led to believe, her neurotic character was like Linda Hamilton in T2, escaping from the asylum to hunt down her brother...but no. Instead, we're fed a Blair-Witch-Project-meets-Halloween setup, complete with dizzying, often annoying camerawork, a lot of bad jokes, tit-shots, and an assortment of one-dimensional characters who you never really care about as they're being sliced and diced by the maniac in the (now more detailed) William Shatner mask.

H20 should have been the end. The previous entry was made with loving care by people who obviously had respect for the original film - and more than a typical bloody sequel, they were looking for a clever way to end the series. There was a plot, strong characters, and a purpose. The new incarnation follows the typical bloody sequel trend, pitting the bad-guy against a bunch of unsuspecting kids. Yet again, tons of bloodshed ensues. And then we're left with that typical ending, standard from ‘80s films (particularly Friday the 13th) where they leave it wide open for another sequel with the corpse's eyes opening. Yawn. I'm a huge horror (and Halloween) fan, but I've already seen this movie a billion times under a billion different titles with a billion different casts.

I will admit that it's not all bad, though the cons far outweigh the pros. There is some clever dialogue ("You have nice legs, when do they open?") as well as an amusing on-camera bong scene. The effects are generally good. And the guy playing Michael this time did a good job mimicking Nick Castle's mannerisms. If this were made prior to H20, I might have liked it more. But enough's enough already!

Finally, what's up with the constantly evolving mask? Not since part 2 has it even remotely looked like it did in the original. And by the way, after wasting $8, I'D like to personally stab Curtis for being involved in this one....

Page 2 of 61:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [Next]