IMDb > The Tigger Movie (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]

Cool movie.

Author: Shawn Watson from The Penumbra
15 July 2001

But it should have been a bit longer. 77 minutes is not enough. I have always loved Disney's animation of the Winnie the Pooh TV show and I was way excited when I first learned of this movie. 100 acre wood looks as magical as it always has done and is presented very well in this feature.

The story itself is a bit childish but still manages to have balls when it has Tigger FAIL to find his family. Although I would have liked him too I respect the ending they went for.

Although this film isn't to everyone's tastes (I know it seems a little fruity a guy of 20 can like this film) I say you should see this movie, preferably with kids. It's perfect child fodder and good entertainment. Not just family entertainment. Should be longer though.

For family

Author: Kevin from Halifax
22 July 2001

This movie is truly enjoyable. I can watch it may times. My wife and I are great fans of Winnie the Pooh and particularly Tigger. He can bounces and can talk really fast. The way that Tigger was looking for his family made it really fun!

I recommend that movie to everybody that have babies and/or toddlers.

I've Been Waiting For Tigger to Have His Own Film, and "A Tigger Movie" Accomplished Its Goal...

Author: MovieAddict2014 from UK
12 December 2002

In this film, Tigger (voiced by Jim Cummings -- one of the least known yet well deserved voice actors) basically thinks he has a family, and is elated when he hears they're coming to the Hundred Acre Woods.

One knows everything that is going to happen in this film, but who didn't know Pooh would get out of Rabbit's hole in the classic "Pooh" film? I for one found that though predictable, "The Tigger Movie" is a film with a message, and it can be enjoyed by all ages. It isn't "rated PG for brief language." It doesn't have small print. It's harmless family fun, and I praise the film on that account. Tigger swearing or aiming a gun at Roo's head just wouldn't do for me (though it would be funny to see on "The Late Show," or something that can twiddle with the animation :)

I give "The Tigger Movie" 3/5 stars -- it has the Disney magic in it.

John Ulmer

Cute Movie

Author: Holly from Dallas, Texas, United States
7 August 2001

I thought that this movie was darling. The characters were cute. The story was very good. Everyone who worked on this movie did a wonderful movie. I highly recommend this movie for people of all ages to watch because it was so good.

Remember the fun....

Author: void-7
15 February 2000

If you liked Tigger and crew as a child, then go back and see them again.

The kids will enjoy it, and the adults will, too. One can't help but become involved with the characters, and eyes will become misty no matter how hard you fight it.

The songs are original and funny, and even have subtle references that older viewers will catch (they are NOT inappropriate in any way) and younger ones will miss, which allows many age levels to enjoy it.

You have to be quick, though, because Tigger sings faster than he bounces.

Tigger rocks (or should I say bounces?)

Author: Shiva-11 from Vancouver, BC
12 February 2000

The Tigger Movie: With everyone preparing for winter, Tigger (spell that T-I-double GRR) can't find anyone who will bounce with him. He decides that what he needs to do is find the other Tiggers so he'll have someone to bounce with whenever he feels the urge. But isn't, the wonderful thing about Tiggers is that Tigger's the only one?

As you may have already guessed, unlike the previous Pooh adventures this is a Tigger vehicle (and it's about time I say). It has been a long while since I watched the originals, and it felt strange to hear the characters voiced by different people, most notably Eeyore and Rabbit. And did they have so many songs ? I stopped counting at four. Also, I found the inconsistent animation a bit distracting. But whose kidding whom? It was a fun movie, with humor, action, pathos, and resolution, and I bet more than a few people will leave this movie with a tear in their eye.

Take the kids, or just tell them you're one at the wicket.

A Fun Movie With A Great Message About Family

Author: sddavis63 (revsdd@gmail.com) from Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada
31 August 2009

Starting with a lament from Tigger that all the Winnie the Pooh movies are about - well - Winnie the Pooh, this movie goes on to meet his complaint and crafts a story about Tigger, who suddenly decides that being the only one isn't the most wonderful thing about Tiggers. Frustrated because he can't get any of his friends to go bouncing with him, Tigger becomes convinced that there must be a whole family of tiggers somewhere out there in the Hundred Acre woods, and he sets out to find them, leading to a series of adventures for all the gang and disappointment for Tigger, until he suddenly realizes that he didn't need to go looking for his family - they were right there all the time. Having adopted my daughter from China a few years ago (at 5, she loves this movie, by the way) I thought the message was so important: Pooh and Eeyore and Roo and Kanga and Owl and Piglet and Rabbit were Tigger's family - because family doesn't have to look like you or even be the same as you. Family are the ones who care about you and love you, no matter what.

The movie includes some nice songs and a few laughs (although it isn't really "funny" and also includes a few sad scenes as well.) It's fun for kids and pleasant viewing for adults, too. 9/10

***** a perfect 5 stars,the first "great" movie of the year.

Author: PJS-5 from Florida
29 September 2000

Cast:Jim cummings(Who framed roger rabbit),Kath Soucie(Rugrats),Peter Cullen(Transformers the movie),Ken sansom(Transformers),John Fielder(Fox and the hound)

Genre:Animated,children

MPAA rating G(although it had an intense avalanche scene in it)

Star rating:5 out of 5 stars(Excellent)

Summary:Its kinda like "Muppets from space" it stars Tigger(Jim cummings) who is starting to get tired of his "I'm the only one" reputation. And then he tries to find his family while Pooh (Jim cummings) and piglet (John fielder) and kanga (Kath soucie) and roo (noptika hopkins in her 1st performance) and owl (andre stojka) and eeyore (Peter cullen) help tigger. While rabbit (ken sansom) isn't all that thrilled with that idea while he is preparing for winter.

Well the cast is very good.The movie is very thrilling.This movie did the original one justice. (It almost surpassed the original)

Its basically the finest animated film featuring Peter cullen ever since "Transformers the movie" (He was optimus prime and ironhide in Transformers the movie).

The sight gags are truly a treat because with "tiggerish" parodies of art pictures like "american gothic","venus de milo" or even things like Jerry Springer. (Don't worry parents it is still a good kids movie anyways).

Its a great treat for all those who remembered the first film & then some. I admit it was quite tear-jerking. It has very fine simplistic animation. And those are just some things I could say. Not too mention that this is one of the finest movies featuring Kenny Loggins music ever since Top Gun.

And there are only 2 disappointments. While cummings did a great job as tigger it was kinda sad that the original voice of tigger (paul winchell) wasn't in the film. Because this could've surpassed the original. What happenend to gopher how come he wasn't in the film? I know its a small question but still.

Quote:Yes you bounced me many times-Pooh

A good film for kids. Not as good as the one in the 70's

Author: MisterWhiplash from United States
14 February 2000

The Tigger Movie is a good movie for kids, but for people who expect the original film (The Classic: The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh) should just stay home. The film is worth seeing if you are a rabid Winnie the Pooh fan, a kid who likes it, or are just a movie buff. The songs are not as creative as last time and the story line isn't as good as the last one(also, you may notice John Fiedler is the only original voice from the first film in this one), but if you are looking for similar characters, some of the same animation techniques, and some new surprises, this film is for you.

Tiggers Are Such Adorable Fellows

Author: Dalbert Pringle from New Zealand
12 October 2012

If you like Tigger like I like Tigger, then you're sure to enjoy watching this fun, frolicking, little rascal starring (and bouncing) in his very own movie.

Starting off in the Hundred-Acre Wood, Tigger (charged, as always, with bouncy good fun and energy) sets off on an amazing adventure, hoping to find fellow tiggers to bounce around and play with.

With all of its charm, exuberance, and joy, The Tigger Movie is sure to bounce its way straight into your heart. This is one of those happy-go-lucky gems that can be enjoyed by all ages.

Check it out.