IMDb > "100 Deeds for Eddie McDowd" (1999) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"100 Deeds for Eddie McDowd" More at IMDbPro »

Best live action show Nickelodeon ever put together!

Author: santsa70 (santsa70@oneonta.edu) from New York
10 March 2001

This show is an absolute gem! Nick has created shows in the past that lacked so many elements that go together to make a successful show. Mostly, their best shows have been animated (like their biggest hit, "Rugrats"), but the majority of their live action shows have been, well, rather pathetic (like "Clarissa Explains it All", "The Secret World of Alex Mack", and "My Brother and Me"). So with such a past filled with mediocre shows, it was quite surprising that Nick created such a fantastic show. Yes, folks, Nickelodeon finally got it right! The show has great writing and with its talented cast, often joined by classic television veterans, Richard Moll and Joe Piscopo, the show serves up hearty laugh-out-loud moments for the whole family.

Richard Moll is GREAT as the Drifter!

Author: RINGO-33 (baileyringo@n2rock.com)
28 January 2001

I started watching this show because Seth Green was the voice of Eddie! When I found out that Richard Moll played the Drifter, I was very happy because I have been a Night Court fan for years! Last night I saw the first episode of the new season! Seth Green is no longer the voice of Eddie, but Richard Moll is back as the drifter and he is great! I love this show! It is so funny, and most importantly Richard Moll is in it! I am not a kid, but I love this show! I would recommend it to anyone who loves funny family shows, dogs, or Richard Moll and Night Court!

Great visual effects

Author: vsnmxr from LA, USA
24 November 1999

This is some of the best example of state of the art visual effects I've ever seen on TV. This show definitely betters the animation for Babe 1 & 2 and is light years beyond the stuff in Dr. Doolittle. I've heard there are no animatronics used. Best off all, my kids, ages three and six love the show!

Fun enjoyable comic romp, better than some nick shows.

Author: Adnan Tahsin
16 October 2001

One of the best nick romps of recent years, I have to thank god they didn't bring back Clarissa instead of starting this show (there was some talk about this). A big bully is turned into a dog by "The Drifter"(as referred to in the later episodes), and he has to do a 100 good deeds to become a boy again, with the help of Justin, a shy geek in old episodes, and a shy cool guy with computer in the later episodes.

The acting is pretty good, but with the addition of Tori, who's supposed to be British but certainly American. The acting goes down to average.

Enjoyment: 5/5 Violence: 1/5 Family Viewing: 3/5

Rating: 5/5

A cool show, but it would be better with Gwen.

Author: Juniore from Atlanta, Georgia
2 January 2002

This show is great. I was hooked on by the first episode of it. But recently Gwen hasn't been seen around. They ought to bring her back on. She was a great part of the show and we miss her. Tori is good, but having Gwen back on would make the show perfect again.

My 5 yr old daughter, Katryna, loves it...

Author: Mr. Atoz (brandt@mediaone.net)
27 January 2001

It is a pretty good kids show, Richard Moll's being in it is really nice... But I think the best thing is that Eddie's on again - off again romance with Gigi is really very cool... Seth Greene does the voice for Eddie and Alison Hannigan does the voice of Gigi, both actors portrayed boyfriend / girlfriend in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" as Oz (a werewolf) and Willow (a Witch)... It was fun hearing them together again.

This show sucks

Author: dee.reid from United States
14 November 2001

It's about a kid who's transformed into a dog and must perform 100 good deeds in order to become a kid again and that's basically it. I'm glad this show went off the air. Since 1996, the crap that Nickelodeon has been producing just keeps getting worse and worse. I can't believe they even went ahead with it.

As I said before, this show sucks.

Why does Nickelodeon keep doing this to us?

Author: dootuss from PA
2 January 2002

Once again Nickelodeon airs another stupid show for kids that has yet another stupid concept. A bully ends up being transformed into a dog, and must do 100 good deeds in order to be a human again. The only person who knows he can talk is the last kid he picked on. Pretty dumb huh? I sure thought it was, and i'm glad it got axed too. This crap is one of the big reasons Nickelodeon has fallen from my graces (though that happened a long time ago). Shameful isn't it?