IMDb > An American Daughter (2000) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

An American Daughter (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Try to see this movie. It's a very good one.

Author: marius_nicolescu from Constanta, Romania
29 August 2002

A great movie about how tiny things in private life can influence somebody's public life. Chirstine Lahti plays the role of the daughter of a senator that is nominated for the post of minister of health. On a television talk show it is revealed that in the past she misplaced a jury citation and did not announce anybody about it. A mEdia Trial starts from this thing, and probably every clitch in American governmental system is shown here. Try to see this movie. It's a very good one. 8/10

Remember next time this happens

Author: aussiejane_ from Mt Barker, South Australia
7 October 2003

The writer was quite kind to the media; they are usually much, much worse. The film did portray well the horrid things that can happen when the media go to work. Excellent acting by nearly all involved. It's a morality play -- about the nasty media, not about the poor nominee who lost her jury duty notice!

As fine a performance as I've ever seen

Author: kong-7 from North Providence, Rhode Island
1 January 2003

What an unexpected treat this movie was! Christine Lahti plays a prominent doctor nominated for the post of Surgeon General of the United States and a small incident in her past threatens to ruin her chances. Ms. Lahti is absolutely magnificent in her role as the beleaguered doctor. She is so attractive and so real. Her little nuances like blowing on the empty bottle are wonderful. She is captivating and I found I couldn't take my eyes off her the entire movie. I'm not even sure how good the movie is. But Christine gives one of the finest performances I have ever seen. She is just wonderful.