IMDb > Tomorrow's Another Day (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Tomorrow's Another Day More at IMDbPro »Ça ira mieux demain (original title)

Fabulous comedy about the possibilities of life

Author: Superwonderscope from Brosville, France
19 November 2000

Best french comedy since Tonie Marshall's Venus Beauté(also starring Nathalie Baye), Ca Ira Mieux Demain tells the story of a growing circle of friends who simply goes wrong for some stupid reasons. Elisabeth (extraordinary Jeanne Balibar) wants to get rid of a furniture and put it in her cellar. Following a friend's advice, she decides to buy some plastic to wrap it up and protect it...but other people's advices on the same matter will have a strange effect on everybody's life...especially Elisabeth, making her paranoïa getting bigger and bigger.

This is the story of some loonies that easily might be one of us, slightly distracted by the possibilities of life. It has an unsual way of describing the relations between the people surrounding our existence : a couple (Nathalie Baye & Jean-Pierre Darroussin) is on a verge of breaking up after every conversation, a cello player (Isabelle Carré) gets meaner and meaner with her friend Elisabteh, an old lady (danielle Darrieux) a former curtains specialist, will play a more important part in Elisabeth's life than she expected...just because of that damn furniture. Sounds crazy, uh? But so is life, and that's precisely what Jeanne Labrune shows us here but in a hilarious way. Divided in 7 days, the everyday's adventures of our heroes follow a path we sometimes ourselves take. With the difference that what happen on the screen is much more funnier...that's the magic of the movies, ain't it?

Sometimes cruel, always funny and deadpan, this is a comedy about the unexpected. Highly recommanded!

Parisians at work and play

Author: Red-125 from Upstate New York
15 April 2005

Ça ira mieux demain (2000) (Tomorrow's Another Day) is a French film written and directed by Jeanne Labrune. I saw it at the 2005 Cinefranco Film Festival in Toronto. (www.cinefranco.com)

Jean-Pierre Darroussin plays a psychotherapist who is also a chiropractor. He's not a quack--apparently he truly is qualified in both professions. His wife, played by the wonderful Nathalie Baye, is a good person who just happens to be wound tighter than a violin string. People move in an out of the lives of both of these people, come together and move apart, interact and almost interact.

Nothing significant really happens in the movie. I enjoyed it because it provided a glimpse into one segment of Parisian society. Even if the glimpse gives a distorted view, it's still fascinating.