IMDb > "El Hazard: The Alternative World" (1998) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

the least

Author: (d4v3cs) from ATL
24 September 2002

what can I say, I find this EH to be the lowest of all EH series. The storyline is original and unique, Fujisawa and Miz relationship is nice/funny but that's as far as it goes, even the depressing EH OAV 2 comes second after this.

EH alternative world's characters are dull, and the "bare" jokes are absurd and obviously fan service, making it close to Aika level.

Makoto is not shown to be very serious in bringing Ifurita back as well, and the ending seems to be forced. Overall 4/10

An atrocity

Author: (dragonhawk_2@hotmail.com) from United States
8 February 2007

This series was terrible.

The end of the first El-Hazard OAV's was a sweet ending that fulfilled the promise of the beginning. The El-Hazard 2 OAV's were messy affairs that changed nothing.

After watching the last episode of the Alternative World, I was seized by a terrible and strong urge to hit someone, preferably one of the makers of this series.

Not only does it come full circle, it does so in such a way that nobody notices except the main cast. 13 episodes, and it doesn't matter a whit. Ifurita is mentioned once toward the end, and almost as an afterthought. The nemesis dies not by any readily visible phenomenon, but just because--Qawoor's powers of uncertain origin may have had something to do with this, but I don't remember the circumstances entirely. And I don't care to.

If someone offers to PAY YOU to watch this, I highly recommend you consider what would be fair for your time. This is a series that ends in a highly disappointing manner--not sad, not tragic, not even depressing, just disappointing--and you should be compensated appropriately.

Another great addition to El-Hazard

Author: (jgraham_70@hotmail.com) from Seattle, Washington
3 October 1999

The Alternative World is the second sequel mini-series to El-Hazard: The Magnificent World. This series is almost as good as the first, as it throws the cast from El-Hazard into a new world, which is a really big shock for Makoto and Nanami, as they were just getting used to life in El-Hazard after being thrown there from Earth.