IMDb > Damned If You Do (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Damned If You Do More at IMDbPro »

One of the best shorts ever

Author: alexsmith
11 February 2005

Having seen this on Atomfilms.com, I loved it a lot more than any other short I have possibly ever seen. The acting was absolutely fantastic, the film-making worthy of a job in Hollywood - that is, of course, to make GOOD movies, not money-maker-only ones - and the Devil's performance was terrific. Even with a small part in "Jumanji," I thought he was great, even though Jumanji wasn't exactly an epic. Scene cuts were smooth, the design of the story progression was almost unnoticeable - it was THAT good - and all the camera-work was simple, effective, and useful. The camera was used as a camera, not a bystander, which of course, can be an excellent effect, but this worked better than the latter technique would have. So much credit goes to the actors, the lead fitted the part and did a wonderful job of acting out the change in him - the attitude shift was totally convincing, the elder adults, especially the parents, not only managed to pull off engaging performances but did so with a level of over-the-top-ness that rendered the film that special bit funnier. Even the supporting parts of the groom, bride and others fitted perfectly. The entire piece was an ensemble performance, and everybody worked to make everybody else, and therefore the film, look absolutely brilliant. Hoping the director and actors go far.

"Give me your soul."

David Alan Grier, a hilarious devil!

Author: The Projectionist from midwest, usa
8 October 2002

This is an excellent and very funny short film for many reasons, not least of which is David Alan Grier's hilarious performance as the devil. I was laughing all the way through this little gem. It's a very short clip, i'm guessing from memory it was about 10-15 min long more or less. I highly recommend taking the time to watch this, over streaming video or otherwise.

One of the best shorts I've seen

Author: Sintek from Yeah, yeah.
6 January 2003

Absolutely amazing.

A professional quality film--in all areas, including acting and character and plot development, which is quite a feat in just 17 minutes--without the indignities of a Hollywood production.

A good dark comedy that somehow passes for something more innocent than it actually is.